Author Topic: 2016-04-23 - Radio City Music Hall - Manhattan, NY MEETUP & Concert Discussion  (Read 54648 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Victoria gets home from her Ireland trip tonight. I really enjoyed the show in CT, much more than I thought I would, and I'd love to see this album played again before they retire it. I'm going to see if I can convince her to go to NYC tomorrow.

Awesome, there are some ridiculously cheap tickets on stub hub if you are looking for a cheap evening, or obviously there are some other really good seats at face value.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
I happened to be doing work in Midtown earlier, so I took a walk by RCMH.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Victoria gets home from her Ireland trip tonight. I really enjoyed the show in CT, much more than I thought I would, and I'd love to see this album played again before they retire it. I'm going to see if I can convince her to go to NYC tomorrow.

Awesome, there are some ridiculously cheap tickets on stub hub if you are looking for a cheap evening, or obviously there are some other really good seats at face value.

Yeah. I saw there's still a bunch toward the back of the orchestra for like $65-$75. I was thinking of grabbing some of those. I've never sat up on any of the balconies in RCMH. Some of those are in the $30 range. A day to the city is going to end up costing a few hundred bucks anyway, so spending some extra coin on the seats won't make much of a difference.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Yeah. I saw there's still a bunch toward the back of the orchestra for like $65-$75. I was thinking of grabbing some of those. I've never sat up on any of the balconies in RCMH. Some of those are in the $30 range. A day to the city is going to end up costing a few hundred bucks anyway, so spending some extra coin on the seats won't make much of a difference.

Shit seats, but there are seats for $8 on stubhub.  Just saying since you already went once.  Normally for me if it's a second showing I may take shit seats to save money on one of the nights since like you said, just getting in/out of the city and spending the day is costly.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Shit seats, but there are seats for $8 on stubhub.  Just saying since you already went once.  Normally for me if it's a second showing I may take shit seats to save money on one of the nights since like you said, just getting in/out of the city and spending the day is costly.

What are shit seats? The ones toward the back of the orchestra, or the ones in the balconies?

Offline Grizz

Was thinking about doing the same thing Chino, but my dad would yell at me for pissing away my birthday money on a train ticket.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Was thinking about doing the same thing Chino, but my dad would yell at me for pissing away my birthday money on a train ticket.

You should have just asked for train tickets for your birthday. Problem solved!

Offline Grizz

Ha, gotta save my money to see DMB again though!
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
Or they can just ask me as I work for the MTA.   :biggrin:
Funny, I read this on the New Haven line.

I've never ridden on the Metro North line before. How is it? Comfort wise, station conditions, etc?
I've only ever done round trips out of New Haven and West Haven so I have no complaints, as New Haven and Grand Central are obviously well maintained and West Haven is brand new. Obviously you get the caveats of mass transport (nasty bathrooms, sardeen packing during peak) but it's good for the most part, especially now with the M8s.

I just walked through the Rockefeller Center station and it's really nice there. The same with Grand Central. I love walking through them.

Offline Grizz

Wish I could've seen Penn, from what I understand it was the grandest of them all until they all fell into disrepair and it was replaced with this quasi-utilitarian nightmare.
I took the subway to Borough Hall and thought all the Manhattan stops looked pretty decent. Borough Hall was a bit in disrepair, though.
Anyway I'll quit jamming up your discussion with trains and hypotheticals.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Grand Central is beautiful, but Penn Station is a dump.

Chino, yes upper balcony seats is what I mean by shit.  Didn't really go through the seats on stub hub, but the cheapest are usually the crappiest.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
Wish I could've seen Penn, from what I understand it was the grandest of them all until they all fell into disrepair and it was replaced with this quasi-utilitarian nightmare.
I took the subway to Borough Hall and thought all the Manhattan stops looked pretty decent. Borough Hall was a bit in disrepair, though.
Anyway I'll quit jamming up your discussion with trains and hypotheticals.

Borough Hall is my stop for work when I take the 4/5 train during the work day. I usually take the R from Jay Street to and from work though.

Offline Grizz

Grand Central is beautiful, but Penn Station is a dump.

Chino, yes upper balcony seats is what I mean by shit.  Didn't really go through the seats on stub hub, but the cheapest are usually the crappiest.
Aye, but once it wasn't: https://blogs-images.forbes.com/justinshubow/files/2016/01/McKim-Penn-Station-Main-Entrance-on-7th-Ave.-large-1200x834.jpg
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:39:16 PM by Grizz »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Way before my time, but yes, once it was a beautiful station....

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
On the train fron mewark to penn station.  Just a reminder, i have my initial solo ticket if anyone can use it..... Free for DTF peeps.  Orch 4 MM on the aisle

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
On the train fron mewark to penn station.  Just a reminder, i have my initial solo ticket if anyone can use it..... Free for DTF peeps.  Orch 4 MM on the aisle

oooh an aisle seat.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Texted Victoria after she landed about spending the day in NYC on Saturday. I got "idk, man. We can talk about it when I get home". Translation: "no".

Offline pantsofeternity

• all ballads all the time
I'd take it 'cause that's better than my seat in that section (Row A, not aisle), but then there'd still be an unused ticket floating around.  Doesn't seem fair.  (Plus I'm still maybe going to convince myself to spring for up front.)
"There's no more freedom. The both of you will be confined to these pants." — me, to my legs, most mornings

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Texted Victoria after she landed about spending the day in NYC on Saturday. I got "idk, man. We can talk about it when I get home". Translation: "no".

:lol yup, denied

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd take it 'cause that's better than my seat in that section (Row A, not aisle), but then there'd still be an unused ticket floating around.  Doesn't seem fair.  (Plus I'm still maybe going to convince myself to spring for up front.)
spring!!! Still saw some pit dd centers for $125.  Hooefully someone can get use out of it

Offline pantsofeternity

spring!!! Still saw some pit dd centers for $125.  Hooefully someone can get use out of it
Yeah, but with all the fees it's more like $150, ya know... 'twould be unwise.  At this point I'm kind of like waiting for time to make the decision for me.
"There's no more freedom. The both of you will be confined to these pants." — me, to my legs, most mornings

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Yeah, but with all the fees it's more like $150, ya know... 'twould be unwise.  At this point I'm kind of like waiting for time to make the decision for me.

I think by the tickets still being there time has made the decision for you
Photobucket sucks.

Offline wideworldofmike

• DTF.org Alumni
HEED MY WOOOOOOORDS. JUSTICE WILL BE SEEEEEEERVED!!!!!

Offline pantsofeternity

I think by the tickets still being there time has made the decision for you
Found a taker for my ticket and a mutually agreeable result... now I'm in the pit!  Woo!

Have fun at the meetup folks... as a native Pittsburgher I will  be watching  the Pens-Rangers playoff game at 3, and I think we can all understand it is in the best interest of myself and NY sports fans that I do so from the comfort of my apartment.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Ummmmm....I'm fromLA... I'm a Kings fan....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
As a Rangers fan, I think they are done.

Offline ad78

So no word at least an orchestra in this Hall?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
I'm a smooth talker.

2 Tickets: Section ORCH4 Row N Seats 412,413

What's the dealio for pre-show get together?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
I'm a smooth talker.

The official pre-show meetup starts at 3 at this place https://www.brickyardnyc.com/
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
I'm a smooth talker.

The official pre-show meetup starts at 3 at this place https://www.brickyardnyc.com/

Cool. Everyone going to be there a while? Was thinking about stopping at the Met for a bit

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
I'm a smooth talker.

Cool. Everyone going to be there a while? Was thinking about stopping at the Met for a bit

I plan on being at this place on the LES for a bit early in the afternoon https://www.foolsgoldnyc.com/

I'm going to head to the official meetup around 3-3:30 and probably stay there until a little bit before the show.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Playing tourist at the Freedom One tower and memorial right now, ill be there   :hat

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm a smooth talker.

Ah what a smooth talker!  Went to the Met a month or two ago, the Egyptian stuff is awesome.  I'll be there around 3ish (the bar that is).

Offline pantsofeternity

Ummmmm....I'm fromLA... I'm a Kings fan....
Oof, my condolences on last night, man. :/

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Anybody else here? Just got to Brickyard.
Photobucket sucks.