Author Topic: North American Tour - 2016  (Read 26426 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: North American Tour - 2016
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2016, 12:51:15 PM »
I'll do that when I get home. Right now, I'm trying to explain to my coworker who gets paid six figures that a CSU/DSU isn't going to work properly on a 9.6kbps circuit if the dipswitch is set for 56k. She can't seem to figure out why the connection won't come up. So I'm a bit angered to call up some defenseless tech at Songkick.   :facepalm:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2016, 12:53:05 PM »
lol good luck

Offline eric303

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2016, 06:51:05 PM »
I got 2 tix pre-sale for the Denver show...Orchestra Left row K...9 rows from stage....(JM's side), this will be my 2nd DT show at the same venue....really looking forward to this one. It is going to be a long wait till May 3rd. :) Hope to see a few of you there.

-Eric

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2016, 08:49:38 AM »
I got two tickets for Denver. Orch. Right Row W seats 5-6. Not bad at all. Taking my friend who's gonna drive there.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline terrell39

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2016, 08:13:05 AM »
Looks like I will have to go to Denver, even though I live in Texas.  When the NA tour was announced back in December, it was with the tease "more dates to be announced".  Little did I know that quietly already happened and Texas was not one of them (just like Maiden's new tour).

Can't pass up the chance to see DT play a new CD in its' entirety.  Especially a concept LP!

Offline terrell39

« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2016, 09:13:43 AM »
Last time DT played Texas was back in 2011 but I caught the flu and could not go  >:(.  Last time I saw them was when they opened for Maiden in 2010 and they were amazing! 

Offline terrell39

« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »
All set!  Got Denver Dream Theater ticket, hotel, airfare.  Finally get to see DT headline...and play a full new CD on top of that!

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2016, 01:27:04 PM »
All set!  Got Denver Dream Theater ticket, hotel, airfare.  Finally get to see DT headline...and play a full new CD on top of that!

Congrats!  I did the same thing (got Denver tix, plus airfare, hotel, and rental car), but then about a month later, they announced an Arizona show, so now I "have" to go to both.   :metal

Unfortunately my friend can't attend the AZ show, so I'm still trying to offload my second row seat/M&G ticket.  It'd suck for it to go to waste.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
Looking forward to the Seattle Show at the Paramount Theater. Awesome venue!  Got some new DT fans to come with. The new album won them over.. :)
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »

Same here. It's my first headlining Dream Theater show. I had bought tickets for 2014, but couldn't go due to an emergency. But I'm glad because it's a concept album and a big one at that, which I really enjoy
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
Looks like I will have to go to Denver, even though I live in Texas.  When the NA tour was announced back in December, it was with the tease "more dates to be announced".  Little did I know that quietly already happened and Texas was not one of them (just like Maiden's new tour).

Can't pass up the chance to see DT play a new CD in its' entirety.  Especially a concept LP!
Next time consider Mexico City. The flight is about the same distance and it offers a lot of other benefits. You'll save a bundle and live much nicer while you're there. It's also likely that you'll find a much livelier crowd than you will in Denver. I suspect it's probably my default go-to destination for concerts that don't come to Texas. While Denver has traditionally been one of the concert options, that has more to do with camping and seeing shows at Red Rocks. Denver itself really has very little to offer.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2016, 03:21:20 PM »

Next time consider Mexico City. The flight is about the same distance and it offers a lot of other benefits. You'll save a bundle and live much nicer while you're there. It's also likely that you'll find a much livelier crowd than you will in Denver. I suspect it's probably my default go-to destination for concerts that don't come to Texas. While Denver has traditionally been one of the concert options, that has more to do with camping and seeing shows at Red Rocks. Denver itself really has very little to offer.

Legal highs!  Just went to the Red Rocks last week, I would love to see a concert there, but otherwise agreed on Denver not being a city with much to offer, but is Mexico City safe?  I've never talked to anyone who has gone there before and that is my immediate concern with going there.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2016, 08:05:57 PM »

Legal highs!  Just went to the Red Rocks last week, I would love to see a concert there, but otherwise agreed on Denver not being a city with much to offer, but is Mexico City safe?  I've never talked to anyone who has gone there before and that is my immediate concern with going there.
Red Rocks suffers from a couple of failings as a concert venue. For one thing the surroundings distract you from the show. Worse, though, is that the wind wreaks havoc with the sound. Still, it's an amazing place to see a show.

The places where a tourist will go to in Mexico City are reasonably safe. Think of it this way: is there any reason why tourists would wind up wandering around Mott Haven some night? Do you worry about getting shot, stabbed, raped, poisoned and then raped again around Times Square?  DF is huge, and you're going to spend your time in a 2miČ area covering a couple of neighborhoods. You'll also see more cops than you've ever seen in your life. Basically, the same rules apply in DF as in NYC. Be mindful of your surroundings, know where you're going and don't look like an idiot. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2016, 07:57:12 AM »
Maybe because I live outside NYC, but NYC always feel pretty safe to me.  I know nothing of Mexico City other than Mexico in general can be dangerous which is why I asked.  Maybe one day I make it there.

As for a negative of the red rocks.. high altitude I would have thought would be one.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2016, 08:34:00 AM »
I wasn't necessarily recommending it for somebody up in your neck of the woods. For a guy ostensibly in Terrel, it's a great option. And I'd consider Mexico City and NYC very comparable in terms of crime. There are parts you don't want to go to, but the normal places a visitor are likely to spend time are pretty safe. Interestingly, insofar as murders go, DF is actually safer than Texas and many other US states. It's only when you get to the border towns that it becomes particularly shooty.

Altitude is only a problem at Red Rocks if the show is the first day you're there. Whole lotta steps to climb to get there. After a day or two you're more accustomed to the air and it's not really a problem. One of the times I saw Rush there, there were times where it sounded like Lifeson disappeared altogether. Middle of a solo he'd just go quiet for a few seconds and then reappear. That's how significant the wind can be.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2016, 08:36:43 AM »
Yea, I know your recommendation wasn't towards me, but I wanted to chime in because I thought it was interesting in case I ever wanted to travel below the border for a concert.  I always thought it would be cool to see a metal concert down there since the crowds are crazier. 

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2016, 07:51:41 AM »
I live in Mexico City, so better insight on how 'safe' it is you probably cannot get.  :D

There is crime as in most major cities in the world, but given it's the second largest city in the world (just behind Tokyo) you will find that if you stay away from the 'bad' zones you won't have any trouble. The northern cities of Mexico (those in the border with the US, mostly) have higher rates of crime because of the whole war against drug dealers that's been happening over there for years, so I guarantee you will have a nice time down here.

Also, metal crowds are far crazier here. I saw DT once in LA and went to another concert recently in London and the vibes are entirely different. You get a far more passionate crowd in these parts. If you ever come down here, feel free to send me a PM or something and we can meet up!
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Cable

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2016, 05:08:55 PM »
I didn't see a thread for the 4/29 Michigan show. JLB seemed to be on fire this night, I heard no pitch issues. My DT concert group felt the same.
---

Offline earlilano

« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2016, 01:59:23 PM »
Could anyone who purchased a vip package trll me what you actually got ? Thanks.

Offline earlilano

« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2016, 08:10:22 AM »
Was anyone at the Portland show? I heard Labrie gave the audience the middle finger during the show. I'm hoping someone took a picture.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2016, 08:15:09 AM »
Was anyone at the Portland show? I heard Labrie gave the audience the middle finger during the show. I'm hoping someone took a picture.

As a joke or was someone being an asshole?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2016, 11:22:33 AM »

Rumor has it that MP was at the Portland show, in a totally unrelated issue.  :biggrin:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2016, 11:33:35 AM »
 :lol

From JLB facebook
Can't believe we only have one show left on our current NA tour.
Thank you to all you incredible fans for making it a great run and success.
We will make a point of coming back to Canada and in through the States. There were many areas left out and we need to correct that before moving onto another album and tour... not that that's going to be happening anytime soon.
See u all late fall or early 17'
Raaaaawwwwwk it hard until you can't.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2016, 11:50:42 AM »
Well, at least we can basically say that there will definitely be a second leg. It's not confirmed, but at least we know it's in the band's interests.

Offline earlilano

« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2016, 11:55:50 AM »

Per DT subreddit it was because the audience was lame and had low energy throughout the show. Although reddit is not the best source of information so I'm wondering if anyone here can confirm.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2016, 11:57:32 AM »

Shut up, Debra... :-X :xbones

Happy birthday btw, earliano!

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2016, 11:59:16 AM »
From JLB facebook
We will make a point of coming back to Canada and in through the States. There were many areas left out and we need to correct that before moving onto another album and tour... not that that's going to be happening anytime soon.

YAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! :yarr

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2016, 11:59:52 AM »

Per DT subreddit it was because the audience was lame and had low energy throughout the show. Although reddit is not the best source of information so I'm wondering if anyone here can confirm.

I find that hard to believe and likely a joke based on the audiences for the whole tour.  I can't see JLB who comes off as a nice guy, giving the crowd the finger because they weren't lively.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »

From JLB facebook

This is what another sleepless night does.

I kept re-reading the post of JLB's wondering what you found so funny about it. I must have read through it six times and still couldn't find what was so damn funny. Then I realized you were laughing at what I said in the post above yours.   :facepalm:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2016, 12:06:39 PM »

Some more to think about

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2016, 12:08:42 PM »
I'm still waiting for them to announce which show they'll be filming for release.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2016, 12:12:21 PM »
I'm still waiting for them to announce which show they'll be filming for release.

True, might have to try and make that one if it is in the US.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2016, 01:33:08 PM »

True, might have to try and make that one if it is in the US.

Hopefully they film it at The Palace Theater in Waterbury CT.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2016, 06:37:56 PM »

I find that hard to believe and likely a joke based on the audiences for the whole tour.  I can't see JLB who comes off as a nice guy, giving the crowd the finger because they weren't lively.
JLB said "Hey Columbus, fuck you!!!" at the 2008 DT show in Columbus. It was totally a joke, as one of the openers said something similar (if I remember correctly, a mic picked it up and wasn't meant to be heard by the audience) and JLB was reminding everyone of it. It was hilarious. A short moment of relative silence, followed by mass laughter.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Dirty30

« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2016, 07:48:13 PM »

Rumor has it that MP was at the Portland show, in a totally unrelated issue.  :biggrin:

Was at the Portland show and I didn't see Labrie flip off the crowd...   He had a tough time during the first act, but knocked it out of the park in Act II.   On the MP rumor... Here's a pic... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1024819707606736&set=a.104998489588867.15751.100002361486743&type=3&theater   Okay, it might only be Phony Portnoy and Phony Mangini, but what the hell.