Author Topic: North American Tour - 2016  (Read 26420 times)

Offline gilpdawg

Re: North American Tour - 2016
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2015, 08:39:02 AM »
Toronto... Orchestra Row B, far right.  I'll take it.

Didn't know any of the presale codes, so I winged it, and got in with "astonishing" (since I don't have an American Express card anymore).  That's the LiveNation presale code.

Not for Cincinnati, it ain't.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2015, 01:59:03 PM »
What's the presale code for Denver?

I tried Dream and it didn't work

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2015, 04:25:16 PM »
Same with Seattle.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2015, 08:21:51 AM »
I got my tickets for the Cincinnati show. I waited for the public release today at 10am local. Balcony 4!  :metal
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2015, 10:18:46 AM »
No show for Phoenix (at least for now), so I grabbed 2 VIP Gold tix for the Denver show (Row F) and then promptly booked a flight using miles for a whopping $11 (I knew they'd come in handy some day).  Hoping they make a second run at spots they skip the first go around, but happy I'll get to see them on the initial one.

Of course now that I booked Denver, they'll probably fill in the gap between Denver and LA with PHX, in which case it's going to be an expensive week.  :metal :biggrin:

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2015, 11:02:47 AM »
No show for Phoenix (at least for now), so I grabbed 2 VIP Gold tix for the Denver show (Row F) and then promptly booked a flight using miles for a whopping $11 (I knew they'd come in handy some day).  Hoping they make a second run at spots they skip the first go around, but happy I'll get to see them on the initial one.

Of course now that I booked Denver, they'll probably fill in the gap between Denver and LA with PHX, in which case it's going to be an expensive week.  :metal :biggrin:

I'll be at the Denver show as well (and flying with points too!!  :biggrin:). I'll decide if I get the VIP tix later but at least I got a ticket at the Orchestra Center (2nd to last row, I want to ABSORB THE WHOLE THING...background, lights, sound, the playing, etc..)

EDIT: Damn, 300 bucks....I'll have to really think about this since I've been trying to pull out from debt I have.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:19:17 AM by goo-goo »

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
I got my tickets for the Cincinnati show. I waited for the public release today at 10am local. Balcony 4!  :metal

See you there!  I got box H first row last week.  I figured the sound may be best in box and balcony instead of orch. level.  This will be my first DT concert.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Tunnel Vision

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2015, 11:37:17 AM »
I got two tickets for the April 24 show at the Hippodrome in Baltimore.  Orchestra Row X. Anyone been to that theatre before or comments on the sightlines from orchestra seats?

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2015, 01:16:44 PM »
^
great venue
Start a thread for it, and will respond when I have more time.
(oh, and Go, Red Wings!)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2015, 09:16:40 AM »

See you there!  I got box H first row last week.  I figured the sound may be best in box and balcony instead of orch. level.  This will be my first DT concert.

I'll be there too :) Orchestra 2.

You will have a great time. I still get super hyped up for every DT concert, and this will be the 5th time that I've seen them.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline dvargas

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2015, 12:37:45 PM »
I just returned a VIP meet and greet for the Denver show. First row, center. Should be available if you try get it.

I decided to keep the gold VIP instead.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2015, 12:49:12 PM »
I just got the e-mail from DT today about the tour, but noticed it does say in the e-mail "...with additional dates to be announced soon" so keep your hopes up in the areas without an announced show.

Offline bluehaze

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2015, 02:37:55 PM »
I just got the e-mail from DT today about the tour, but noticed it does say in the e-mail "...with additional dates to be announced soon" so keep your hopes up in the areas without an announced show.
Hope springs eternal.

Online Dream Team

« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2015, 07:39:55 AM »
Got tix for the Albany show. Whole family this time, including my son-in-law who's not a fan. Yet.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2015, 06:05:35 PM »
Wiltern in Los Angeles is basically sold out except for a few mezzanine seats in the back wing. 

I think there is a good chance a second Los Angeles show gets added.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:58:00 AM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline jsbru

« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2015, 09:57:22 PM »
Well, I just got my Christmas present, and it was 2 VIP Platinum tickets to the Chicago show.

Was pretty floored.  Although I'm not 100% sure who's going to go with me.  I have very few friends in the area that actually like DT enough to do a 4-hour road trip.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2015, 01:06:48 AM »
Wiltern in Los Angeles is basically sold out except for a few mezzanine seats in the back wing. 

Well, that's a bummer for me.  I'd love to go to this show, but it's just a tad out of my price range, and I don't know anyone that wants to go with me, especially with this show being a show where the new double concept album, that has yet to be released, may be a tough thing to convince people to come with me.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2015, 11:05:14 PM »
I got 12th row center tickets for the Portland show the minute the presale started.  :metal
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Grizz

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2016, 04:39:13 PM »
The password is...

covert
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2016, 02:49:58 PM »
https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/01/08/dream-theater-astonishing-tour-mesa-concert/78527454/

How can that be online and not be listed yet on DT site

Maybe theres hope for Texas

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2016, 11:46:06 AM »
https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/01/08/dream-theater-astonishing-tour-mesa-concert/78527454/

No info for this on the Mesa Arts Center web site yet.  Very strange.

Like I said, I expected this right after I bought tickets, airfare, and hotel to see them in Denver.  :facepalm:

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2016, 03:15:19 PM »
check the band's twitter for a few more show dates added, happy to see the bay area got one, even though i'll be at the NYC show  :tup

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »

Like I said, I expected this right after I bought tickets, airfare, and hotel to see them in Denver.  :facepalm:

Looks like I'm gonna have to plan a work trip the first week of May!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2016, 10:48:38 AM »

Looks like I'm gonna have to plan a work trip the first week of May!

Just picked up Gold VIP for Mesa, AZ cause seeing them two nights earlier apparently isn't enough for me.  :metal :censored :facepalm:  The Mesa, AZ Gold VIP is listed as a M&G too, which is interesting because the price was actually $0.50 less than the non-M&G Gold I got for Denver.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2016, 11:58:10 AM »

BINGO!!! 

Got Gold for Friday (Row A) and Platinum for Saturday (Row CCC)

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2016, 10:57:15 AM »
Just picked up Gold VIP for Mesa, AZ cause seeing them two nights earlier apparently isn't enough for me.  :metal :censored :facepalm:  The Mesa, AZ Gold VIP is listed as a M&G too, which is interesting because the price was actually $0.50 less than the non-M&G Gold I got for Denver.
I know this should probably go elsewhere but I just found out my friend is moving back east and can't join me for the May 5th show.  Anyone local or coming to town that would be interested in a Gold VIP M&G ticket?

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »
Unfortunately there aren't any western Canada shows :( Just means I have to fly out to see my first DT concert! I chose the Seattle show on May 11th, which is nice since I've always wanted to visit the city anyways. Anyone else going to the Seattle show?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2016, 06:18:18 AM »
I will be at Radio City Music Hall for sure.  I can't miss this.

Did you order you tickets through Songkick? TicketMaster?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2016, 08:15:28 AM »

Songkick

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2016, 12:21:25 PM »

Songkick

Same here, but I can't seem to log in. It's saying it doesn't have my email address in their database. I know they charged me for the tickets because I see it on my bank account, so I guess I'm going to have to call them in regards to getting an email so I can print the tickets.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2016, 12:34:38 PM »

Songkick

Same here, but I can't seem to log in. It's saying it doesn't have my email address in their database. I know they charged me for the tickets because I see it on my bank account, so I guess I'm going to have to call them in regards to getting an email so I can print the tickets.

I don't think I created an account.  I also paid the extra money to have the tickets mailed, I like keeping my ticket stubs.  My confirmation says tickets won't be printed until a couple weeks before the show.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2016, 12:39:16 PM »

Songkick

I don't think I created an account.  I also paid the extra money to have the tickets mailed, I like keeping my ticket stubs.  My confirmation says tickets won't be printed until a couple weeks before the show.

I'm going to call them just to be sure.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2016, 12:44:44 PM »
Do so just to be sure, if I don't get my tickets close to the date then I will as well, but I am not worried.  This happened over the summer for the 311 show I went to, I got the tickets on time, but freaked out when they didn't arrive as I *thought* they should have, but I was wrong with the timeframe.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2016, 12:46:54 PM »
I think I have the receipt that I printed when I ordered them. I'll see what that says.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2016, 12:47:47 PM »
I think I have the receipt that I printed when I ordered them. I'll see what that says.

Well if you can't log in that's a separate issue so you should get that checked out regardless.