Author Topic: Lie to Me  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Lie to Me
« on: December 12, 2015, 09:57:29 PM »
Didn't find a thread for it, and was wondering if the series has any fans here. I definitely love it back when it aired, but couldn't keep up with it. Now that I have Netflix, and the series has all its seasons there, well... let's say I'm addicted to it, again  :lol

Any fans of it?  :smiley:

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
Re: Lie to Me
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 12:47:33 AM »
I haven't seen all of it, but I like what I've seen.

What's most important is that Alex watches Lie to Me. If you're a Lie to Me fan sign the petition to make Alex watch Lie to Me: https://www.change.org/p/youtube-alex-watch-lie-to-me?

(just to be clear, Alex is one half of youtube Let's Play channel Super Beard Bros along with Jirard "Dragonrider" Khalil The Completionist)

...my name is Araragi.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 04:02:17 PM »
I really enjoyed it despite it's teetering out towards the end. I wish it wasn't cancelled but I can completely see why as it was becoming monotonous despite my insane love for Roth and the premise of the show. If it had less of a case-of-the-week format and a bit more focus on an overarching issue/nemesis/antagonist I think it would've worked better and maybe lasted a bit longer. I love S1/2 but 3 is when it starts to get 'meh' for me. I pretty much only watched it for Roth at that point. Good series though, and it was a fun ride; can never have enough Roth in your life. It's true.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 07:58:11 AM »
I enjoyed watching it.  Too bad it got cancelled, but it wasn't the best thing in the world, so it's OK.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 10:25:29 AM »
I really likes. I get why it was canceled though.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 08:56:28 PM »
Ok so I'm in the middle of season 2 and I feel this one is better than season 1 so far  :o

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 08:45:09 AM »
I really enjoyed it despite it's teetering out towards the end. I wish it wasn't cancelled but I can completely see why as it was becoming monotonous despite my insane love for Roth and the premise of the show. If it had less of a case-of-the-week format and a bit more focus on an overarching issue/nemesis/antagonist I think it would've worked better and maybe lasted a bit longer. I love S1/2 but 3 is when it starts to get 'meh' for me. I pretty much only watched it for Roth at that point. Good series though, and it was a fun ride; can never have enough Roth in your life. It's true.
All of this. Finished watching it last night, what a great series. I'd have prefer it to have better writing tho.

Btw, are there any other good series or movies (not counting the Tarantino ones) with Roth? I ended up loving this guy's acting.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 09:25:51 AM »
I'd like to know that as well. He's a great actor.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 10:10:22 AM »
The only other TV series I've even seen him in is a mini-series called Klondike, which was pretty cool; and his character was my favorite. I'd recommend it as a quick watch (if I remember right it was only 6 episodes).

Other than that, some good movies he's in are Funny Games; Pete Smalls Is Dead (this one especially); Arbitrage; Broken (another great one); and of course The Hateful Eight.

Honestly, he's not in an abundance of movies and in the majority of them that I've seen he's never the lead. It's weird because I find him to be a really great actor.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.