Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69543 times)

Offline reschauzier

Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #490 on: August 18, 2016, 01:33:35 PM »
I just received a shipping notification for my boxed set. I was fully refunded already on July 13th. Tracking says I should receive it on Monday. Has this happened to anyone else? You got a refund and they sent it anyway?

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #491 on: August 18, 2016, 01:43:38 PM »
I just received a shipping notification for my boxed set. I was fully refunded already on July 13th. Tracking says I should receive it on Monday. Has this happened to anyone else? You got a refund and they sent it anyway?

Happened to me, too.

Received a refund and then the next day received the box set.  It was packed well, but I did note that on one corner, the top box is inserted into the bottom one, when in fact they should be flush.

I haven't returned it yet b/c I think I need to get to a UPS store (can anyone confirm?  I didn't look closely at the return label).

What a mess.  After seeing the actual content in videos, I'm more convinced than ever that I don't care.  The NOMAC isn't enough of a draw for me to part with $140.

Offline reschauzier

« Reply #492 on: August 18, 2016, 01:50:02 PM »
If I was refunded a month ago, and they send me the set anyway, am I obligated to return it?

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #493 on: August 18, 2016, 01:51:28 PM »
If I was refunded a month ago, and they send me the set anyway, am I obligated to return it?

I've been contemplating that very question.  My order form says "canceled."

Offline MAD

« Reply #494 on: August 18, 2016, 02:19:05 PM »

Hey people, my box arrived yesterday, after 7 long months...
This story is finally ended!!!

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #495 on: August 19, 2016, 08:48:37 AM »

I would say so.
Just return to sender.. it wont cost you a dime unless you opened it.

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #496 on: August 19, 2016, 11:49:34 AM »
I got my box set last week, and it looks to be in fine condition.

I am kinda pissed that people cancelled and still received.  Not pissed at the people, but that I could've done the same thing.  Ugh.  This whole thing, man...
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Online goo-goo

« Reply #497 on: August 19, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »
I'm not even sure if they charged my credit card. I can't find the charge in the paper statements and as of today, they havent charged it. And I received the box last week.

Offline SupermanJLU

« Reply #498 on: August 25, 2016, 08:32:48 AM »
Finally got my box set yesterday. Ordered December 4th 2015 arrived Aug 24th 2016. Worst experience ordering anything in my life. I am at least happy that it appears to be in good physical shape. But to be honest my excitement for this was gone months ago. I commend DT for doing something new but over all this was my least favorite DT album and this box set is unfortunately kind of meh. James is really amazing on this album so I am happy for that. Also given the context of what they were creating I understand why the album is structured the way it is but there are so many great moments that come and are never repeated it saddens me. And other moments I really did not want to listen to again repeated. 

So there it is the journey is over and 8 months later I realize with this box set finally in my hands I will never order a box set again. Just not worth the time and money. So I expect that it may be a while before we get any new DT music given how much effort it was for the band to create this album.  So until then I hope everyone else gets and enjoys whats they ordered and for me just the basic CD next time....

Offline bhull

« Reply #499 on: August 25, 2016, 07:56:29 PM »
Finally got my box set yesterday. Ordered December 4th 2015 arrived Aug 24th 2016. Worst experience ordering anything in my life. I am at least happy that it appears to be in good physical shape. But to be honest my excitement for this was gone months ago. I commend DT for doing something new but over all this was my least favorite DT album and this box set is unfortunately kind of meh. James is really amazing on this album so I am happy for that. Also given the context of what they were creating I understand why the album is structured the way it is but there are so many great moments that come and are never repeated it saddens me. And other moments I really did not want to listen to again repeated. 

So there it is the journey is over and 8 months later I realize with this box set finally in my hands I will never order a box set again. Just not worth the time and money. So I expect that it may be a while before we get any new DT music given how much effort it was for the band to create this album.  So until then I hope everyone else gets and enjoys whats they ordered and for me just the basic CD next time....

Glad to see yours arrived undamaged. 

I'm still waiting for my replacement box to arrive.

As for ordering box sets in the future, I am completely torn.  Normally I would swear the company off and never order anything from them ever again.  In fact, I would agree, this is by and far the worst experience pre-ordering anything in my life.  However, I want to support the guys, and I know this was 100% RRs fault.

I wish DT had their own label.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #500 on: August 26, 2016, 10:42:16 AM »
You know this isn't the worst Pre-order I've dealt with. Right now it's The Aspie Project by Computer Mind, I'm still waiting for my Combie deal. It was funded last year in April.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #501 on: August 29, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »

Nope. It'll cost them more money in the long run to take it back.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #502 on: August 29, 2016, 08:44:53 AM »

Nope. It'll cost them more money in the long run to take it back.

How so?  Shipping/handling is paid already on their end, right?