Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69565 times)

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #350 on: July 08, 2016, 09:51:16 PM »
I did send an e-mail today to RR & the response was they have no clue when
this is going to ship. They did say they would give me a refund & reorder when ( and if ) this
ever becomes available. Just the worst pre-order I have ever had to deal with.
RR's handling of this has been just brutal to say the least.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 11:53:24 AM by dream416 »

Offline bhull

« Reply #351 on: July 09, 2016, 12:34:09 PM »
this is going to ship. They did say they would give me a refund & reorder when ( and if ) this

Did they really say "if" in the response?

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #352 on: July 10, 2016, 05:27:22 AM »

Did they really say "if" in the response?

Sorry my bad.....they didnt say ''if ''in their response.
I'm just so pissed off about this whole thing that I put ''and if'' in.
But they really don't have any timeline when this will be released.
They said I could cancel my order get me money refunded & reorder when
they (RR) get it to their warehouse.

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2016, 11:10:33 AM »
Seriously? They offer a pre-order, you place an order, and then you aren't even able to cancel until they get it? How the hell is this legal?

Offline efx

« Reply #354 on: July 10, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »
I'm getting to the point that if it's ok to ask for a refund at any point I'll jump on it. Not a slight on the band, I know this is as far from possible what they wanted but this is just unacceptable.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #355 on: July 11, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »
:: View this email as a web page ::
Got this e-mail from RR this morning......we shall see.....
Dear Dream Theater fan,

Recently we gave you an update on DREAM THEATER: THE ASTONISHING LIMITED EDITION BOX SET noting that we would begin shipping on June 17th. We have unfortunately not been able to deliver on that promise. Our manufacturer was not able to ship all product by that date, instead it has begun releasing to us in several split shipments. We have started to receive the product and are turning it around to you as quickly as possible. We anticipate that we will have received all product and shipped all pre-orders on or before July 20th!

Offline bhull

« Reply #356 on: July 11, 2016, 12:26:37 PM »
Dear Dream Theater fan,

Recently we gave you an update on DREAM THEATER: THE ASTONISHING LIMITED EDITION BOX SET noting that we would begin shipping on June 17th. We have unfortunately not been able to deliver on that promise. Our manufacturer was not able to ship all product by that date, instead it has begun releasing to us in several split shipments. We have started to receive the product and are turning it around to you as quickly as possible. We anticipate that we will have received all product and shipped all pre-orders on or before July 20th!

Thanks for the info.  I haven't gotten any such notification, so it's nice to know.

Should we hold our breaths this time?  ::)

Offline JonesyAZ

« Reply #357 on: July 11, 2016, 03:07:10 PM »
Dear Dream Theater fan,

Thanks for the info.  I haven't gotten any such notification, so it's nice to know.

Should we hold our breaths this time?  ::)

I received the same email this morning and I've decided that if I don't get the product or an email indicating it's shipped by July 20th, I am requesting my refund.  I can use the extra $140 for many other things that I know i'll get within a decent amount of time.  I will still support DT and Roadrunner after this debacle, but it certainly has been frustrating for this fan; the first time I've been able to afford and purchase a deluxe box set :(
Sometimes I feel like I’m a super model.

But then I realize that I possess none of their qualities. Plus I have no mutant powers.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #358 on: July 13, 2016, 04:42:16 PM »
Another delay?

Offline Buddah

« Reply #359 on: July 18, 2016, 06:27:44 AM »
I just got an email from Maniacs telling me that it's finally shipped! Fingers crossed this is legit!

Offline Panar

• Caught In A Web
« Reply #360 on: July 19, 2016, 05:14:56 AM »
Still haven't got any e mail. This is getting really ugly.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #361 on: July 19, 2016, 08:04:08 AM »
No notifications here.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #362 on: July 19, 2016, 08:31:06 AM »
No email here yet but  I did place the order like a couple of weeks before release date so I'm likely towards the end of the pre-orders. No biggie.

Offline bugsyoz

« Reply #363 on: July 19, 2016, 09:06:41 AM »
This is wayyyy beyond a joke.  If this thing does arrive...any of this was worth the wait type carp will further do my head in.

I agree with others, looking for full refund.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #364 on: July 19, 2016, 09:17:35 AM »
Remember the days when just getting the album was good enough?

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #365 on: July 19, 2016, 09:32:29 AM »
To those of you who pre-ordered this product: are you able to get your money back? Or once you pay, you have to wait until the product arrives?

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #366 on: July 19, 2016, 09:44:54 AM »

I think the issue here is just the plain lack of communication by the band the label (mainly the label). I wouldn't mind if the release is delayed, but keeping us in the loop more frequently would have been better. Some emails to customer service went unanswered. They did however sort of made up for the delay by sending a pin and a signed poster, which for some is fine.

Offline bhull

« Reply #367 on: July 19, 2016, 10:01:10 AM »

I think the issue here is just the plain lack of communication by the band the label (mainly the label). I wouldn't mind if the release is delayed, but keeping us in the loop more frequently would have been better. Some emails to customer service went unanswered. They did however sort of made up for the delay by sending a pin and a signed poster, which for some is fine.

/agree

Timely communication is the gripe here. 

Seriously, how long does it take to type a small paragraph letting us know we won't be getting the product?  This lack of communication might affect future pre-order behavior.

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #368 on: July 19, 2016, 11:24:47 AM »
Its not only the delay that disappoints but the false promises that Roadrunner have made when they actually took time to communicate.
I assume everyone who pre ordered got this email from Roadrunner back on January 26th.

Dear Pre-order Customer,

We regret to inform you that due to further unforeseen production delays the Limited Edition Box Set for Dream Theater's The Astonishing will be arriving a bit later this spring. We anticipate the box being completed in early May, arriving to you middle of the month. We sincerely apologize for the length of time you will need to wait. The hand-painted limited edition custom NOMAC inside the box will be worth the wait, we assure you!

In anticipation of the custom box set we plan to do everything we can to make this delay up to you by providing you with exclusive content and looks inside The Astonishing album, on a monthly basis.

The second paragraphs has not been honored as we all should have received 6 emails containing the exclusive content.
I have not received anything, has anyone else?

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #369 on: July 19, 2016, 11:47:40 AM »
To those of you who pre-ordered this product: are you able to get your money back? Or once you pay, you have to wait until the product arrives?

I don't even see how that's possible. They've sent me the CDs, the Vinyls and the poster. I'm just waiting for the box, map, NOMAC figure and whatever else came with it.

I assume I'd have to send all that stuff back for a refund.

Offline Panar

• Caught In A Web
« Reply #370 on: July 19, 2016, 12:00:04 PM »
I sent an email today for an update and possible refund. Well' see.

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2016, 01:42:26 PM »
TBH, I completely forgot about the "box-set" part of my order and that it was still supposed to ship in May, June, July, etc...  Pretty amazing "pre-order" in my opinion, and I agree that although the pin and signed poster were nice (I also got 4 signed posters from me and my wife attending two of the shows), there has been no "exclusive content" and updates that I can recall.

::)  I guess when it shows up, it'll be like a bonus at this point.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »
No shipping conformation yet  :facepalm:.......Brutal......RR sucks

Offline Buddah

« Reply #373 on: July 20, 2016, 01:49:28 AM »
Here's an update

https://imgur.com/a/5ZAJw?reg

It's real people! I hope you all get yours soon! It's about damned time it got here!

Offline JonesyAZ

« Reply #374 on: July 20, 2016, 09:12:24 AM »
Here's an update

https://imgur.com/a/5ZAJw?reg

It's real people! I hope you all get yours soon! It's about damned time it got here!

Are you the recipient of this box set, or did you see this posted somewhere?  I'm just curious if this really means that everyone's getting their box sets soon :)  I haven't heard back from RR in regards to my most recent email.

But then I realize that I possess none of their qualities. Plus I have no mutant powers.

Offline Buddah

« Reply #375 on: July 20, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »
This is mine. Like everyone else, I thought it would never arrive and how it was all handled was beyond a joke.

I'm happy that it's finally arrived. I hope everyone else gets theirs soon! The wait will soon be over!

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: July 20, 2016, 03:30:41 PM »
This is mine. Like everyone else, I thought it would never arrive and how it was all handled was beyond a joke.

I'm happy that it's finally arrived. I hope everyone else gets theirs soon! The wait will soon be over!

I'm surprised mine hasn't shown up. I ordered the day they popped up on the RR site (and before there was ever a public announcement about it!)

Offline JonesyAZ

« Reply #377 on: July 20, 2016, 05:16:37 PM »

Curious...what is "Maniacs" that you claim you got an email from?  Is that a storefront other than Roadrunner?

Offline Buddah

« Reply #378 on: July 20, 2016, 05:36:17 PM »

Curious...what is "Maniacs" that you claim you got an email from?  Is that a storefront other than Roadrunner?

I originally ordered through RR, but through the processing of it all put me through to Maniacs which, from what I can gather is just the Australian affiliate of RR.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #379 on: July 22, 2016, 02:09:32 PM »
Cancelled my order yesterday & got my money back today. This has been the worst pre-order
screw-up I have ever had to deal with. I will never never pre-order anything from RR again.
The absoulute lack of communication from the label as well as the brutal CS from this company is a joke.
It would be over 1/2 a year before I would have received this product. The tour has come & gone & still
no "real answer" from RR except the usual company...production delays excuse.
Sorry for the rant but what major screw-up from a label.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #380 on: July 23, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »
Cancelled my order yesterday & got my money back today. This has been the worst pre-order
screw-up I have ever had to deal with. I will never never pre-order anything from RR again.
The absoulute lack of communication from the label as well as the brutal CS from this company is a joke.
It would be over 1/2 a year before I would have received this product. The tour has come & gone & still
no "real answer" from RR except the usual company...production delays excuse.
Sorry for the rant but what major screw-up from a label.

Did they give you a full refund or only partial since they sent the CD already?

Offline reschauzier

« Reply #381 on: July 23, 2016, 03:22:01 PM »
I e-mailed about a full refund a couple weeks ago. First e-mail I got back was a resend of my receipt saying that it was backordered. (?) I wrote back again, asking for a refund and pointing out that it was strange that my first request was met with a reply containing my receipt. Then, they got back to me pretty fast, going on and on about the delay and then asking if I wanted a full refund to write back and ask for one. I thought that was what I had done... I wrote again saying yes, and saying I was happy to send back the CDs, signed poster and pin. They said that wasn't necessary and said I could have a full refund. Then they refunded me $36 less than what I'd paid. I wrote back again, reiterating that I would be happy to send the CDs back, etc, and attached a paypal screen cap of what I'd paid. They got back to me in one day and said they'd refunded the remaining amount and apologized. So, I did end up with a full refund and didn't have to send back anything.

Offline MAD

« Reply #382 on: July 24, 2016, 03:21:56 AM »

So, we will receive this BOX?
...or is it better to ask for a refund?

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #383 on: July 24, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »

So, we will receive this BOX?
...or is it better to ask for a refund?

That is up to you really........I for one just got sick & tired of the
production delay excuse & the it wiil be shipped on this date......no wait this date......no wait this date.
The last e-mail said that all orders would be shipped by the 20th of July.Well that didn't happen either.
I did get a full refund.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2016, 08:44:50 AM »
I just wrote to ask where the heck the box set is.  I guess we'll see if they have a new answer.