Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69568 times)

Offline YouMakeMeSick

Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »
The check out error should now be fixed.

It is. I just ordered the Ultimate Bundle.
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2015, 11:35:52 AM »
Wait, what?

So the ultimate bundle is 200 dollars, which is 183 euros. But ordering the ultimate bundle from roadrunner Europe is 255 euro's? I pay 72 euros so that Roadrunner themselves can ship it to Europe?
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline V_R11

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2015, 11:38:44 AM »
Dumb question, but I ordered a standard 2 CD, and when I completed my order it said my basket is empty and no confirmation email. Does this mean my order did not go through?
Seasons change and so can I

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2015, 11:39:20 AM »
Dumb question, but I ordered a standard 2 CD, and when I completed my order it said my basket is empty and no confirmation email. Does this mean my order did not go through?

Same.

it didn't even ask me for my PayPal info.

Offline FsF

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2015, 11:44:22 AM »
£125 seems pretty insane for the CD, playing cards, 2 posters, a lyrics book and the wee nomac guy. Double CD it is.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2015, 11:45:27 AM »

Same.

it didn't even ask me for my PayPal info.

this was my issue as well, but since i used my card i saw that it has been charged but without any kind of confirmation.  i already contacted RR but might again to try and speed up the process, don't want to get charged twice or miss out if this sells super fast...

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2015, 11:47:27 AM »
If that Nomac in the box set could fly, that would be cool.  My Grandaughter got a toy drone for her birthday and that was fun to fly around.

I just want the hard copy cd.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »
Can anyone already confirm whether these will be in local music stores on release? Or is that crazy talk?
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »
No "The Making Of" then sadly  :-[

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »
Can anyone already confirm whether these will be in local music stores on release? Or is that crazy talk?

I know that the last release was available in store at Walmart and of course Best Buy.  Of course here in Nashville, we no longer have music only stores.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »
Order for The Astonishing Box Set Bundle all complete.  No issues...it just took a bit of time for the website to update the data entered.  Here's what it kicked out for an invoice:  :metal

The Astonishing Box Set Bundle
 (Pre-order - released on: 1/29/2016)   016861748937 $199.99   
  Ordered: 1
  $199.99   

The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set 
    1 x The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set $90.00
 (Pre-order - released on: 3/25/2016)   016861749330           

The Astonishing Vinyl Box Set 
  1 x The Astonishing Vinyl Box Set $100.00
 (Pre-order - released on: 1/29/2016)   016861749316           

The Astonishing 2CD Set 
        1 x The Astonishing 2CD Set $9.99
 (Pre-order - released on: 1/29/2016)   016861749323           

The Astonishing Gift 
        1 x The Astonishing Gift $0.00
 (Pre-order - released on: 1/29/2016)   090317131375           

The Astonishing Digital FLAC Album 
        1 x The Astonishing Digital FLAC Album $0.00
 (Pre-order - released on: 1/29/2016)   016861748951           

The Astonishing Digital MP3 Album 
        1 x The Astonishing Digital MP3 Album $0.00
 (Pre-order - released on: 1/29/2016)   016861749309           

The Gift of Music Digital Single 
        1 x The Gift of Music Digital Single $0.00

Grand Total  $222.08

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2015, 12:09:29 PM »
Got to loading the PayPal page, and it kicked me back to the shopping cart window with no confirmation of order.  Hmmm, i think RoadRunner's website is breaking.  Haha.

EDIT:  Woohoo!  Got it working!
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline thunderdog10

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2015, 12:18:57 PM »
so for $200 i get a download of a song that is already out on youtube but still have to wait until Jan 29th to hear the music, meanwhile reviewers get it at least a month 1/2 for free. makes sense  ::)  I would guess anyone willing to pay $200 for the ultimate box set wouldnt leak the album if they got the same copy the reviewers get.

Offline V_R11

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2015, 12:20:52 PM »
Placed my order again, this time it went all the way through. Don't know if they charged me twice, though  :-\
Seasons change and so can I

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2015, 12:36:06 PM »
No "The Making Of" then sadly  :-[

Unless they release vids on YT around the time but yeah that's a bit disappointing.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2015, 12:42:23 PM »
Kix is doing some good catching up on bosk and noxon when it comes to generating hype and providing helpful info. 3-way battle now!

I don't know who she is, other than clearly someone in "the biz".

Ah no big secret, I posted what I do in the 'say hi, newbies' type thread in the general discussion forum. I look after DT's UK press so hype and info would be about right.  :rollin Maybe the occasional well-timed clue but no spoilers or untimely leaks here either! And I want a boxset too!!
Awesome, welcome! I particularly appreciate the UK angle. :P

I don't check in on the newbie thread as often as I should.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »
Now where's my Alumni status ? :nomac: :neverusethis:

Offline Pax

• an operator acting over a Hilbert space
  • pianist and music theorist
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2015, 12:47:14 PM »
What's the difference between TGNE and Ravenskill edition CD?
Also, I never pre-ordered anything, so I have to ask: what's good about pre-order if price will drop soon after the release? (talking about ordering CD set, not deluxe edition) Thanks
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:57:35 PM by Pax »
!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇F.F.Chopin!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »
so for $200 i get a download of a song that is already out on youtube but still have to wait until Jan 29th to hear the music, meanwhile reviewers get it at least a month 1/2 for free. makes sense  ::)  I would guess anyone willing to pay $200 for the ultimate box set wouldnt leak the album if they got the same copy the reviewers get.
(A) There's a reason reviewers get the music early. 
(2) You get a lot more for the $200 than just a download of a single song.
(c) If box set buyers got the music 1.5 months early, you can bet that a group of people would get together and order one copy of the box set and immediately share it.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2015, 01:06:19 PM »

I don't understand this. This is how all forms of media work. Reviewers get early access to movies, games, music, etc., so that they can put out a timely review.

I'm not saying it isn't a privilege to get music early, but it's also a requirement for doing their job. Buying a boxset should not constitute getting an album early.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2015, 01:15:41 PM »
Ordered the Ultimate. No fucking remorse about it either. So excited about this, I cannot wait for the music to arrive! Gonna be soooo worth it!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »
Pre-ordered the limited edition CD set.  Didn't see any stem tracks, so I wasn't keenly interested until I spotted the script by John Petrucci.  Glad they had a non-vinyl option.

US Roadrunner website was a little spotty, but hit refresh and it works.

Offline MarkFitDT

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2015, 01:16:27 PM »
'The Astonishing' is available now for pre-order at all DSP’s - https://flyt.it/DTTheAstonishing, with all orders accompanied by an instant grat download of 'The Gift of Music'.

'The Astonishing' will be available in a range of distinctive formats, including standard 2-CD set, 4-LP vinyl box set and a limited edition deluxe box set. The limited edition box set (limited to 4000) contains a screenplay, a poster, a map, trading cards, and a 3D figure of a NOMAC, as well as the 2-CD album, all housed in a special box. All formats are currently available for pre-order at https://flyt.it/DTTheAstonishingStore. Note that the boxset can be pre-ordered now too but will ship in March.

Also, Amazon UK are running a very limited exclusive pre-order offering customers the choice of a free patch (while stocks last) with their 2-CD purchase. There are two patches to choose from, representing the two sides in the story:

With The Great Northern Empire patch - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Astonishing-Dream-Theater/dp/B018WU6LXE/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1449215363&sr=1-5&keywords=dream+theater

With Ravenskill Rebel Militia patch - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Astonishing-Dream-Theater/dp/B018WU6LYS/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1449215889&sr=1-1&keywords=0016861748975

Hi, there is an issue with ordering the Ravenskill Rebel Militia patch version.

Item Under Review : This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

Don't know if you can do anything? Thanks!

Offline emtee

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2015, 01:17:48 PM »
Does anyone know yet what the 'choose a side thingy' was all about? I still have no clue.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »
I just ordered the Limited Edition Box Set!!!  :metal

Offline hipodilski

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2015, 01:35:41 PM »
255 euro, are you freaking serious?

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »
Placed my order again, this time it went all the way through. Don't know if they charged me twice, though  :-\
ever find out if you were charged twice? wanted to try again but hoping that isn't an issue..

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2015, 02:15:27 PM »
£125 seems pretty insane for the CD, playing cards, 2 posters, a lyrics book and the wee nomac guy. Double CD it is.

Just changed the dollars to sterling? Sorry, you can fuck right off you money grabbing twats (Roadrunner that is). There is no excuse for that. I was expecting about £80 when I saw the deluxe was $125, but that is taking the piss.

Offline FsF

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2015, 02:25:22 PM »
I'm not sure who Roadrunner use as a shipping merchant, but I'm sure they can do cheaper than $72 per item (difference between US and UK prices) on the largest box set...

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2015, 03:45:48 PM »
I don't think the difference is purely shipping - we generally get spanked for prices in the UK in general. Something that costs $200 in the US normally costs £200 in the UK.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »
Just ordered the deluxe box set.  Almost 20 bucks for shipping and tax.  I dont know why they are charging me tax but whatever.

So, I have a problem.  The single download was in a winzip file.  I had a free trial version but it expired.  Is there another free winzip version anywhere?  I wish there was an easier way to find one but last time i tried finding something like that on my own, i got a version with a shitload of bloatware and possibly viruses.  I suck at computers. 

Offline DreamTension

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Live in the moment, breathe in a nude beginning
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2015, 03:59:29 PM »
Just ordered the deluxe box set.  Almost 20 bucks for shipping and tax.  I dont know why they are charging me tax but whatever.

So, I have a problem.  The single download was in a winzip file.  I had a free trial version but it expired.  Is there another free winzip version anywhere?  I wish there was an easier way to find one but last time i tried finding something like that on my own, i got a version with a shitload of bloatware and possibly viruses.  I suck at computers.

If you have Windows 7 or later (maybe Vista), you can right click and choose "Extract" to decompress the .zip file without the need of a 3rd party program.

Contemplating the Box Set myself... Pricey, but I have a good feeling about this album. Plus I really want that Screenplay!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2015, 04:16:07 PM »
As someone who usually buys vinyls I am not fond of the current options.

While the vinyl box looks amazing, I am not planning to pour 95 euro's (Roadrunner UK) into buying the new album just yet. Not even counting the shipping costs. I get that it is set to be more expensive due to it having 4 LP's, but this is a bit overboard in my view. Actually, that is no excuse at all. Book of Souls by Iron maiden, which is 3-LP's with dedicated mastering, costs about 35 euros including shipment over here. And DT's very own Score was in the 35-40 range when it came out here, which is 4 LP's.

I do have spotify so I can listen to the music regardless of what I decide. But yeah, I am dissapointed that if I want to spin their new work on my vinyl set-up, it will cost me more than three times the amount I laid down for DT12 a few years back. Or any new album during the last few years for that matter.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »

If you have Windows 7 or later (maybe Vista), you can right click and choose "Extract" to decompress the .zip file without the need of a 3rd party program.

Contemplating the Box Set myself... Pricey, but I have a good feeling about this album. Plus I really want that Screenplay!

I have Windows 8 so I did something like what you directed.  Thanks. 

BTW, my understanding of the "Screenplay" is that it is the lyrics in a screenplay format, not an actual screenplay. 

From the website:
The Astonishing Lyric book in the form of a screenplay

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2015, 04:31:43 PM »
I don't think the difference is purely shipping - we generally get spanked for prices in the UK in general. Something that costs $200 in the US normally costs £200 in the UK.

Why shouldn't it?  You can't expect to pay with play money AND have it cost less.  :p
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."