Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69337 times)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2016, 03:47:01 AM »
I think you'll be lucky to have it by july. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2016, 05:57:54 AM »
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. I thought it was supposed to be May, guess I'll have to wait a little more. Thanks nevertheless!  :metal

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2016, 06:16:16 AM »
It was supposed to be March originally. They then delayed it to May, then June. Nobody knows (chances are, not even Roadrunner themselves) when it will really be released.
Welcome to the forums, by the way.

This entire album release was a huge disaster. Vinyl release delayed by two months. Box set delayed by half a year. And as far as I saw (without a detailed analysis), the HDTracks version is pretty much identical to the CD (but much worse than the vinyl records). Excellent work, Roadrunner...

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2016, 08:19:17 AM »
As I said a while ago in the dedicated box set thread, the date slipped, unannounced, to July a while ago. The website now states it'll be released on 17 June but the small print states it will ship in July. What a mess.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2016, 06:17:06 AM »
:soon: strikes again...

I really feel for those who have paid good money for this deluxe edition. The way this whole thing has been handled is a disgrace!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:25:47 AM by RoeDent »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »

I really feel for those who have paid good money for this deluxe edition. The way this whole thing has been handled is a disgrace!

I don't get upset if these things arrive late. I understand the risk of pre-ordering, and the complications that can arise. Due to them wanting the actual product to be as best as it can. Well, as best as their budget allows.

Plus, they're offering a 3D printed NOMAC
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »

I don't get upset if these things arrive late. I understand the risk of pre-ordering, and the complications that can arise. Due to them wanting the actual product to be as best as it can. Well, as best as their budget allows.

Plus, they're offering a 3D printed NOMAC

Yeah they shipped the actual CD's out on time, so waiting for the rest of the stuff has not been a huge burden to me.

Offline Panar

• Caught In A Web
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »
This is ridiculous! What are they doing?? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2016, 03:28:26 PM »
"Great News! The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set has a release date! June 17th is the date! Thank you for your patience in waiting for this special piece. Below you will see some photos of the completed box you will be receiving."

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:39:08 PM by Mindflux »

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2016, 03:58:07 PM »
I was just thinking today how inexcusable this roll out has been and then an hour later I got the email. 

I gotta say, that is a pretty cool looking set.   Makes up a little for the major fuck up. Fortunately I'm not into the album so I'm not all that upset.  I guess if I loved the album I wouldn't be that upset either because I'd be forgiving of it being a master piece. 

I just can't stay mad at these guys. 

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2016, 07:59:56 PM »
Glad we have some official feedback directly from the source at long last.  I have to say that giving out the pin (back in January) and now a signed movie poster, RR really has tried to make it right with the consumer.  Despite the long wait, these extra gifts are appreciated! 

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2016, 08:04:58 AM »
Glad to hear some news on this finally.  I've never heard about this pin though?  Was that only for certain countries?  I'm in the UK.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2016, 11:55:19 AM »
My signed poster showed up today out of nowhere. (I have the $200 dollar box set on order)

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #328 on: May 31, 2016, 01:50:52 PM »
Same here. Came as a surprise too, didn't even know till I let my dog outside.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #329 on: May 31, 2016, 10:46:12 PM »
Per the packing slip:  "Dream Theatre"

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2016, 10:08:58 AM »
Well RR has done it again  :loser:.......Looks like the release date for the Ltd. Box-set is now July 1st according to my account.
This has to be the worst pre-order ever. Brutal.

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #331 on: June 10, 2016, 09:21:09 AM »
Anyone in Europe or the UK received their signed poster yet?

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: June 10, 2016, 10:11:14 AM »
I'm in the UK. Received mine yesterday.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: June 10, 2016, 02:06:10 PM »
Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next few days.

Offline SupermanJLU

« Reply #334 on: June 17, 2016, 01:19:04 PM »
I did receive the signed poster this week which is something really nice to have. I never thought I would have a signed anything from Dream Theater. It would take a lot for me to get to concert as they come nowhere close to eastern Canada. But I just checked my Roadrunner order and now it says 7/8/2016 as the release date. Today June 17 was suppose to be the release date. Disappointment continues...

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #335 on: July 05, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »
Well this is the week the Deluxe box-set is ''supposed'' to be released. (Friday 8th)
Not going to hold my breath on this date at all. It's like the boy who cried wolf lol. ;D
Let's see if RR can keep their word this time.

Offline Aquiesence

« Reply #336 on: July 05, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »
The UK site states release date is 29/07/2016, so ........
https://shop.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/eu/the-astonishing-box-bundle.html

I don't think they can deliver. This 3d-printed Nomac is above their capabilities I believe.

Or we may receive it when DT release their next album.
This box-set is really astonishing. Astonishing incompetence from RR part.

IT is a pity they do this to DT.
"Close your eyes, what do you see ? Dreams in rhyme with reality"
my blog: https://eburnus.blogspot.com/

Offline JonesyAZ

« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2016, 12:30:17 PM »
As of this morning, it still looks like 7/8/16 for the U.S. store site.  But, like many of you I'm not holding my breath.  I actually considered asking for a refund for the remaining portions of the box set over the weekend, but I have this odd feeling that they wouldn't honor the request.

Are there any of you that ordered the box set that have sent or are considering a refund request?  I have honestly lost all anticipation for the box set since i've had so much time to listen to and absorb the music.  Doesn't seem like there's much of anything of surprise in the box once it finally is released.
Sometimes I feel like I’m a super model.

But then I realize that I possess none of their qualities. Plus I have no mutant powers.

Offline Aquiesence

« Reply #338 on: July 05, 2016, 12:39:43 PM »
As of this morning, it still looks like 7/8/16 for the U.S. store site.  But, like many of you I'm not holding my breath.  I actually considered asking for a refund for the remaining portions of the box set over the weekend, but I have this odd feeling that they wouldn't honor the request.

Are there any of you that ordered the box set that have sent or are considering a refund request?  I have honestly lost all anticipation for the box set since i've had so much time to listen to and absorb the music.  Doesn't seem like there's much of anything of surprise in the box once it finally is released.

I feel the same. It does not hurt to try asking for a refund if you have lost all anticipation.
Probably you will not get any answer, RR customer service does not reply always, but you never know.
I am sure that the release is postponed to the end of July. UK site clearly states it.
"Close your eyes, what do you see ? Dreams in rhyme with reality"
my blog: https://eburnus.blogspot.com/

Offline Panar

• Caught In A Web
« Reply #339 on: July 05, 2016, 02:09:56 PM »
At this point, an official announcement from the band is a must. 

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: July 05, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »
Wow. Just.. WOW.

Been waiting too long for this now.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #341 on: July 05, 2016, 04:11:51 PM »
Ehh. As long as I got the album on time I was fine. The rest can take whenever, as long as they deliver. I bet the guys are a bit frustrated with Roadrunner.

I think the release date is going to be Friday. If they change it again, I doubt many will pre-order from RR again.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »
Was Luna Park's delay also RR's fault?
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2016, 09:50:29 AM »
Was Luna Park's delay also RR's fault?
I don't think so. I remember the band made a few announcements about the delay in 2013, explaining that new features/edits were being added to the DVD/Blu-ray, so that the experience would be more rewarding.

Offline DT_1928

« Reply #344 on: July 06, 2016, 10:02:12 AM »
I emailed Warner Music Customer Service on the 28th June (after they had already confirmed via email the release date would be the 17th June  ::) ) .. and they said there had been another series of production delays and they were still waiting for confirmation from the US as to when the box sets would arrive with them & they will keep me posted when they receive any more information

Offline bhull

« Reply #345 on: July 06, 2016, 07:47:42 PM »
As of this morning, it still looks like 7/8/16 for the U.S. store site.  But, like many of you I'm not holding my breath.

Add me to the "not holding my breath" list.  Usually release date means it should be arriving at the door on, or around that date.  I have yet to receive any shipping information.

Little bit of speculation here...maybe it's the hand painting portion of the NOMAC.  We've seen photos of the prototypes, which means it was already CADed, and successfully printed.  RR would have known how long was required to print the 4000 based off the initial ones that were done.  Hand painting, however, I can see how that easily could have run into problems.

Let's just hope that when we do get them, that they are not of compromised quality due to the production problems.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:42:40 AM by bhull »

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #346 on: July 07, 2016, 08:49:36 AM »
Such a big delay is a serious matter. I know it isn't precisely DT's fault, but I think they should address this themselves with the people who spent the big bucks on this package.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline bhull

« Reply #347 on: July 07, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »
Such a big delay is a serious matter. I know it isn't precisely DT's fault, but I think they should address this themselves with the people who spent the big bucks on this package.

Agreed.  They gotta realize the people who plop down this kind of cash are a portion of their most dedicated fans.  A little more communication would be nice.  Instead what we have gotten is:

Delay
Delay
Poster
Delay.

And by the looks of it this week....another delay.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #348 on: July 08, 2016, 07:32:48 AM »
Well today is the day the boxset is released...... :lol   :rollin :mehlin :mehlin

Offline Laughing_man923

« Reply #349 on: July 08, 2016, 08:21:27 PM »
Any updates on this yet? The wait has been pretty atrocious to say the least.