Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69333 times)

Offline The Hairy Man

Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #245 on: January 28, 2016, 04:39:40 AM »
28/01 Amazon have dispatched the album.
Expected delivery 01/02.
I live 55 miles away from their distribution centre and have a prime account. WTF!!??  :lol

Offline gborland

« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2016, 04:56:22 AM »
Do we get the FLAC download code if we order the 2CD set from Amazon? Or only direct from RR?
Graham Borland

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
I just checked my Amazon order...I never noticed before but it does NOT show autorip available for it. When I check "manage content" under my account, TA doesn't show up yet. Maybe it will on Friday, but as of right now, I have no idea.

I have the same concern.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2016, 08:32:46 AM »
I just checked my Amazon order...I never noticed before but it does NOT show autorip available for it. When I check "manage content" under my account, TA doesn't show up yet. Maybe it will on Friday, but as of right now, I have no idea.

I have the same concern.

In my experience if it does have AutoRip doesn't usually show up until on the actual release date. So I actually have my copy here in front of my but it hasn't shown up on the Amazon AutoRip as of yet.

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2016, 09:15:35 AM »
I have just got home from work to find my copy of The Astonishing waiting for me, including Nomac pin.
I dare not open the plastic yet,didn't thinkI would be this excited.   ;D

Offline Aquiesence

« Reply #250 on: January 28, 2016, 02:10:49 PM »
I assume every body that has received shipping info are from US.

Does anyone from EU, that has ordered from the EU / UK site of Roadrunner has received any shipping info?
Because it looks like EU fans will not receive anything until March ... When the vinyl is released.

Also it is impossible to contact Roadrunner on-line shop. Their contact form never works.

Not even the downloads are allowed yet although it was supposed to open today for pre-order customers...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:16:48 PM by Aquiesence »
"Close your eyes, what do you see ? Dreams in rhyme with reality"
my blog: https://eburnus.blogspot.com/

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »
Nope, I ordered the standard edition but no e-mail yet. Kinda disappointed with this.
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2016, 06:10:19 PM »
Are the FLAC files gonna be available to download right at 12 local time?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #253 on: January 28, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »
Amazon peeps, I still dunno if they're giving us the mp3s at midnight..
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline DreamTension

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Live in the moment, breathe in a nude beginning

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2016, 10:44:30 PM »
C'mon RoadRunner, let's get moving with these downloads  :sadpanda:
not that I'll listen to it until tomorrow night, but still  :biggrin:

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2016, 07:44:40 AM »
Looks like physical copy just landed in TX....I'm in OKC. This kind of blows.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2016, 08:18:08 AM »
Seems like I have to wait for my order until tomorrow, because EMP which is the only online shop in Germany selling TA with the GNE/RRM patches doesn`t feel like sending pre-ordered items on release day. Normally I`m completely content with EMP as a shop in general, but at preorders it somehow fails to send on release day every damn time I preorder something on there.

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2016, 08:19:10 AM »
Just got my download links from RR!
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2016, 08:19:59 AM »

Me too, and the link isn't working!  :'(

EDIT: IT'S WORKING NOW!!!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:36:04 AM by OpenYourEyes311 »
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »
Downloading as I type. The mail doesn't come till 12, so I expect it then.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2016, 10:49:03 PM »
Well, Apparently it was in yesterday but nothing was delivered. Damn, hopefully tomorrow.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2016, 12:53:12 AM »
Amazon fucked us on the mp3s it seems.

Offline IceMan

• Ambassador of Morning
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2016, 10:30:47 AM »
Has anybody gotten the shipping confirmation from Roadrunner UK??
To really feel the joy in life
You must suffer through the pain
When you surrender to the light
You can face the darkest days

Offline Aquiesence

« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2016, 10:46:02 AM »
Has anybody gotten the shipping confirmation from Roadrunner UK??

Nope nothing. I have sent like ten emails to all contact address I could find for Roadrunner UK but no reply yet ...

They don't seem to have any customer service at all.

Probably everything goes on auto mode.
The automated email came. Reporting that box will be released on May, vinyl on March and then silence.

I am buying all the time on-line , all my music, for the last 7-8 years, this is by far the worst customer service I have ever seen, even from the most obscure mail-order I have ever contacted.

They don not even bother to answer any queries on the UK site.

The contact form on their EU site does not work at all ...
You cannot contact them if you live in EU ...

The download on the order page have NOT opened yet!

At least an email came with links to download.
MP3 was a pain to download I had to try for two hours and like 20 times until finally I made it.

But when I log in my account, my order is still on pre-order and no links for download have opened.

Disappointing ...
"Close your eyes, what do you see ? Dreams in rhyme with reality"
my blog: https://eburnus.blogspot.com/

Offline IceMan

• Ambassador of Morning
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »
This is definitely unacceptable behavior, this customer service is really embarassing. Definitely the last time I pre-order directly from Roadrunner >:(

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2016, 12:58:37 PM »
Earlier in this thread I said great customer service from RR in getting my pre-order
download link working. Spoke to soon......
Now I get an e-mail from RR that the LTD. Deluxe Box-set will not be ready until May?  :censored
That's 4 months after the albums released? And thats if there are not anymore delays.....
RR has dropped the ball again.......If I remember correctly they delay the ADTOE Box-set as well.
One would think they would have worked out all the details before they offered this to the general public.
If there are anymore delays ( I certainly hope not ) this could take up to 1/2 a year before we get this.
I have asked RR to up grade everyone to FREE overnight shipping as a way to make it up to everyone who has ordered the Box-set's.
No answer yet, but I'm guessing I'll have a better chance on winning the Lotto than that happing lol.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2016, 03:29:12 PM »
I posted the following on Roadrunner's facebook page on Friday night:

I'm writing to voice my displeasure with Roadrunner's handling of the pre-order distribution for Dream Theater's The Astonishing. It's release day and I returned home from work without an album in my mailbox. I find that hard to believe, since you guys had MONTHS to get the pre-orders ready to arrive on time. This is how you handle arguably the biggest release in the career of this great band? I'm now spending my Friday night looking for a store that still has it in stock. I'm not listening to the stream. I want the complete package and booklet in my hands to experience the album the way it's meant to be experienced. Quite frankly, you guys should be ashamed. Dream Theater deserves better, and so do it's fans. It would be a nice gesture to issue a public apology to the band and the fans who pre-ordered and are left empty-handed on this long-anticipated day.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2016, 05:24:29 PM »
I posted the following on Roadrunner's facebook page on Friday night:

I'm writing to voice my displeasure with Roadrunner's handling of the pre-order distribution for Dream Theater's The Astonishing. It's release day and I returned home from work without an album in my mailbox. I find that hard to believe, since you guys had MONTHS to get the pre-orders ready to arrive on time. This is how you handle arguably the biggest release in the career of this great band? I'm now spending my Friday night looking for a store that still has it in stock. I'm not listening to the stream. I want the complete package and booklet in my hands to experience the album the way it's meant to be experienced. Quite frankly, you guys should be ashamed. Dream Theater deserves better, and so do it's fans. It would be a nice gesture to issue a public apology to the band and the fans who pre-ordered and are left empty-handed on this long-anticipated day.

Well said.  I was grateful to at least have the FLAC files to download, but then had to search away on DTF for a link to the lyrics, which I finally found.  Issues getting the NOMAC made for the ltd edition set, I can get that.  Same with vinyl pressings.  But this is the CD.  Best Buy, Amazon, even Walmart can get the CD from their vendors, why can't the record label get us our copy when he spent money upfront months in advance?  Just doesn't make sense...

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2016, 08:14:53 PM »
Mebert78 you're spot on as usual bro, well said.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: February 01, 2016, 09:08:04 AM »

None here...

Offline IceMan

• Ambassador of Morning
« Reply #271 on: February 02, 2016, 06:43:57 AM »
I finally got an answer from Roadrunner UK they said that:

"Unfortunately there has been a delay in receiving the stock from the supplier, but we should be receiving this within the next 7-10 days.

As soon the order leaves our warehouse, you will receive a shipment confirmation email from us. Please do let us know if you do not wish to wait for the item to come in stock, and we can cancel the order for you.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this delay."

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #272 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:54 AM »
I haven't even received any kind of apology or confirmation of shipment, honestly I have never been this disappointed in an online shopping website, this is very sloppy.

I mean what's the use of pre-ordering an album if I won't even have it a week after release? My local CD store even has The Astonishing for sale, which I was unaware of before. I guess this was the first and last time I order stuff from :soon:
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #273 on: February 02, 2016, 08:18:54 AM »
Out of interest, is there any particular benefit to pre-ordering directly from the RR webstore instead of one of the usual retailers like Amazon for the CD version? I can see there's clearly a point if you want the deluxe boxset, but I don't really understand the rationale for doing it for the regular CD.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline rab7

« Reply #274 on: February 02, 2016, 08:49:58 AM »
Out of interest, is there any particular benefit to pre-ordering directly from the RR webstore instead of one of the usual retailers like Amazon for the CD version? I can see there's clearly a point if you want the deluxe boxset, but I don't really understand the rationale for doing it for the regular CD.

This time around, Amazon didn't provide AutoRip at midnight, or even at any point in the day. From what I heard, RR's download link at least showed up on the 29th despite being a little late.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #275 on: February 02, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »

This time around, Amazon didn't provide AutoRip at midnight, or even at any point in the day. From what I heard, RR's download link at least showed up on the 29th despite being a little late.
Hmm, fair enough. It definitely said Autorip on my amazon UK account when I pre-ordered, but I've no idea if it was available first thing or what.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #276 on: February 02, 2016, 12:22:16 PM »
Got my downloads, but no mention of shipping. This sucks.
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #277 on: February 02, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »
I got my download links 2 days late, no big deal for me, I had Spotify and Youtube in the meantime, but yeah RR not giving any heads up through e-mail on how the order is coming along is a bummer.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline SupermanJLU

« Reply #278 on: February 05, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »
Well one week later from release day and I finally received my cd in the mail from Roadrunnerrecords US. I got the gift as well the NOMAC pin as I will be waiting until May for the box set. I look forward to reading the lyrics given how much there is to take in. Hope to listen tonight after work :)

Offline Banaan

« Reply #279 on: February 06, 2016, 02:46:59 AM »
I cancelled my RR pre-order, will never pre order again.
And to think how the record companies cry wolf about no one paying for music. :-[
Nice way tot treat the long time fans Roadrunner. :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn

PS anyone know if the band (JP) has gotten wind of these delivery challenges?