Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69567 times)

Offline Lowdz

Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2016, 01:55:03 PM »
I was looking at the prices for the CD box-set. Why is it a lot more expensive in europe? I found that it costs about 125 usd, but 175 euros? Where did other people pre-order from? (Especially if you also are norwegian?)

The answer seemed to be shipping costs. Put me off getting it completely. My Mrs was going to get it for me for Christmas but the stubborn bastard in me wouldn't let her.

Offline thosava

« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2016, 01:58:36 PM »
Yeah... I was thinking about it when i saw a price being about 1000 NOK, but 1700 NOK is too much for me.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2016, 09:18:07 PM »
When do you guys think it'll ship?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Gpals71

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2016, 12:04:07 AM »
I am Norwegian, and I ordered mine from Roadrunner in US. I might need to wait a little longer before it arrives, but I paid 199$ instead of  250€

Offline thosava

« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2016, 05:00:12 AM »
I'm also Norwegian, but i decided to only buy the regular CD. I'm going to preorder from a local record store (Platekompaniet). I won't get the digital download, but on the other hand they say they ship the album 1-2 days before release date. If i'm lucky i'll get it thursday  :angel:

Offline hipodilski

« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2016, 06:48:25 AM »
After playing for a while with the UK roadrunner site and adding fake addresses in several different countries just to see the shipping costs, I found out that for the same order the shipping varies from 15 euro (Greece) to 22 euro (Romania to the whopping 48 euro (Bulgaria). No need to remind that these 3 countries are right next to each other and are equidistant from the UK where the store/warehouse is supposedly located. Not to mention all our countries are a part of the EU too.

I wrote them a very nasty email explaining all this and got a vague and generic reply basically telling me nothing.

So they lose me as a customer from now on, sorry. I've been religiously buying all collectors editions ever since DT started doing them with BCSL, but this is a bit too much. Regular cd for me this time.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2016, 06:56:03 AM »
After playing for a while with the UK roadrunner site and adding fake addresses in several different countries just to see the shipping costs, I found out that for the same order the shipping varies from 15 euro (Greece) to 22 euro (Romania to the whopping 48 euro (Bulgaria). No need to remind that these 3 countries are right next to each other and are equidistant from the UK where the store/warehouse is supposedly located. Not to mention all our countries are a part of the EU too.

I wrote them a very nasty email explaining all this and got a vague and generic reply basically telling me nothing.

So they lose me as a customer from now on, sorry. I've been religiously buying all collectors editions ever since DT started doing them with BCSL, but this is a bit too much. Regular cd for me this time.
Distance and whether a country is in the EU are not the only factors - another key one will be how much business there is between places. The price differential would suggest that a lot more is sent between the UK and Greece and the UK and Romania, which itself is more than the UK and Bulgaria. Which doesn't sound unrealistic. And in which case, delivery services are priced accordingly.

Now I'm not saying it's definitely not RR's fault, but it's quite probable that a large part of it, at least, is what the courier companies charge for delivery.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline hipodilski

« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2016, 07:06:38 AM »
Which leads to the fact that my ADTOE collectors edition was charged with 16 GBP for shipping which makes exactly 21 euro from the very same UK store to my very same home address.

Offline Panar

• Caught In A Web
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2016, 07:08:54 AM »
They updated the text:
Please note that the box set will ship in July 2016, customers will receive a copy of The Astonishing 2CD set on release date.

JULY???????? >:( >:(

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2016, 07:11:35 AM »
Which leads to the fact that my ADTOE collectors edition was charged with 16 GBP for shipping which makes exactly 21 euro from the very same UK store to my very same home address.
Hmm, weird.

In that case, yeah I'm on your side.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2016, 07:27:22 AM »
They updated the text:
Please note that the box set will ship in July 2016, customers will receive a copy of The Astonishing 2CD set on release date.

I still see delivery in March on RR's site.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2016, 07:27:52 AM »
They updated the text:

I still see delivery in March on RR's site.

Same here. I sure hope that March is still the target.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Panar

• Caught In A Web
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2016, 07:44:59 AM »

Offline hipodilski

« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2016, 07:56:31 AM »
It's July in the UK site indeed.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran

Offline Awaken

« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2016, 09:14:55 AM »
I've been wondering the same thing - it's an odd price structure.  Especially if the CD version ends up having the AutoRip option added.

Offline rab7

« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2016, 09:17:53 AM »
How is the MP3 digital download of this album more expensive than the CD??

https://www.amazon.com/Astonishing-2CD-Dream-Theater/dp/B018H6M7CW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453391887&sr=8-1&keywords=dream+theater+the+astonishing

The CD used to be $20. I guess the price for the CD dropped and they didn't change the MP3 price

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2016, 09:36:28 AM »
I want the vinyl edition soooo bad. But I have a really hard time justifying the price.

Offline Gpals71

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2016, 10:00:17 AM »
I ordered the ultimate bundle with the vinyl, from US an UK.
I will keep 1 unopened in my book shelf, and play the CD & LP's and read the booklets on the other one, into pieces.
 :metal
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:47:10 PM by Gpals71 »

Offline Kilminster

« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »
It's July in the UK site indeed.

What?
That's insane. I don't want to pay £120 to preorder a box set and get it 6 months after the album comes out regardless of whether you get the music on release day. Would anybody?
Really hope it's a mistake or at least 2nd batch will be delayed if you haven't ordered yet.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2016, 07:32:01 AM »
I've been wondering the same thing - it's an odd price structure.  Especially if the CD version ends up having the AutoRip option added.

CD Version is down to $14.99 on amazon.com - really hoping auto-rip is added in the last week

Offline pdurbin22

« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2016, 12:31:43 PM »
Does anyone happen to know if the iTunes download will come with a digital booklet? I've already pre-ordered there but if not I'm going to need to buy a physical copy eventually for sure.

Offline Panar

• Caught In A Web
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2016, 02:52:16 PM »
I really hope the digital downloads through RR to become available 3 days earlier like it happened with DT12. (double posting sorry)

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2016, 05:39:11 PM »
I never quite understood the pre-ordering thing in stores. Will they run out of copies so fast? Also.. WHY pre-order on iTunes instead of just buying it on the release day? I mean, they CAN'T run out of copies  :lol
any rock can be made to roll

Offline YouMakeMeSick

« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
Has anybody received shipping confirmation from RR? A friend of mine says he did, I haven't received anything. And I preordered 1-2 hours from announcement.
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline Panar

• Caught In A Web
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2016, 03:53:54 PM »
Nice surprise!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2016, 09:29:19 PM »
I hope to get one tomorrow.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline SupermanJLU

« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2016, 10:02:17 PM »
Hey all I ordered The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set form the Roadrunner USA site and I am from Canada. I received an email on Friday Jan 22 stating that the The Astonishing 2CD Set and The Astonishing Gift has been shipped. It is really nice that even though the Box set will not be available on time I will still be receiving the album. I cannot wait to see what the free gift is going to be :)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2016, 10:34:52 PM »
Hey all I ordered The Astonishing Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set form the Roadrunner USA site and I am from Canada. I received an email on Friday Jan 22 stating that the The Astonishing 2CD Set and The Astonishing Gift has been shipped. It is really nice that even though the Box set will not be available on time I will still be receiving the album. I cannot wait to see what the free gift is going to be :)

Weird. I've not received any emails yet and I ordered way back on Christmas day. I hope the 2CD versions we Deluxe Box buyer's get for release week have already shipped...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2016, 10:36:35 PM »

CD Version is down to $14.99 on amazon.com - really hoping auto-rip is added in the last week
i really hope this sticks for a week or two since i won't be ordering it until mid-February  :lol

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2016, 08:44:11 AM »

I received the same e-mail last Thursday & I live in Canada as well.
Not expecting to get this until sometime next week though.....

Offline SupermanJLU

« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2016, 09:38:38 AM »

I agree I do not expect to receive this until next week as well. We can at least count on the digital download for release day :)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2016, 09:46:53 AM »
I decided to pre-order with Amazon Prime, which I believe is normally pretty reliable. It also comes with auto-rip, so I should be able to download in the morning and start listening on my way to work!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2016, 09:59:46 AM »

I agree I do not expect to receive this until next week as well. We can at least count on the digital download for release day :)

That's true...... ;D

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2016, 11:22:08 AM »
So... are the BOX SETS themselves coming with a 2CD set as well, or are they sending the 2CD set ahead of time, and we'll get an "empty" box sometime in March?
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.