Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69542 times)

Offline hauswife

Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2016, 10:52:45 AM »
It says the limited edition deluxe box is out of stock on roadrunnerrecords.com. are they really all sold or is there a problem and they will have more boxes soon?

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »
It says the limited edition deluxe box is out of stock on roadrunnerrecords.com. are they really all sold or is there a problem and they will have more boxes soon?

Damn. I hope I didn't wait too long. Might have just missed out on getting the boxset.

Offline hauswife

« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2016, 05:02:21 PM »
Today it got back in stock. bought the box instantly :D

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2016, 05:59:45 PM »
damn, now it's out of stock.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2016, 06:01:37 PM »
Today it got back in stock. bought the box instantly :D

Weird. I checked in the morning and it was out of stock. I checked again 20 mins ago and it says it's out of stock.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2016, 11:25:21 AM »
How lucky am I...Decided to look at the ultimate bundle pre-order, lo and behold, it's in stock. Lucky my father is here so I used his card, for some reason mine didn't work. I wonder when they'll officially be out of stock.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »
I've just bought the Limited Edition bundle.  It said in stock so I thought I better get it quick before it goes. 

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2016, 12:54:23 PM »
Plot twist: this is a PR technique to trick people into making quick decisions and buying it when they might think about it for some time if it were always in stock.

Offline Pax

• an operator acting over a Hilbert space
  • pianist and music theorist
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »
Is there a physical double-disc box with Ravenskill/TGNE patch?
I saw this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018WU6LYS?ref_=pd_ecc_rvi_1
but as I understand, you only get MP3 if you buy it like this
!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇F.F.Chopin!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2016, 01:54:17 PM »
I've just bought the Limited Edition bundle.  It said in stock so I thought I better get it quick before it goes.

I still get the out of stock message  :-\

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2016, 01:55:41 PM »
Nope, that's 2CD + patch + MP3 download.

Offline Gpals71

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »

You can still order it from RoadRunner UK
https://shop.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/eu/artists/dream-theater/the-astonishing-limited-edition-deluxe-box-set.html

Will be more expensive then.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2016, 03:59:28 PM »

You can still order it from RoadRunner UK
https://shop.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/eu/artists/dream-theater/the-astonishing-limited-edition-deluxe-box-set.html

Will be more expensive then.

Damn, 180 Euros for just the Deluxe set w/o the vinyl bundle.  :justjen

Offline Gpals71

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2016, 04:18:55 PM »
Yeah!!!
Then 255€ for the Bundle with the Vinyl.
Expensive to be an European  ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 05:32:00 PM by Gpals71 »

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »
Is there a physical double-disc box with Ravenskill/TGNE patch?
I saw this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018WU6LYS?ref_=pd_ecc_rvi_1

Yeah, in Germany it`s sold exclusively at EMP, but the CD is also in there. I already preordered mine with a Ravenskill patch  :metal

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2016, 02:38:48 AM »
It is a limited edition box, 4000 pieces. They're divided among different outlets (US, EU etc).

If someone puts the box into their cart, it will remove one from the stock (so they dont have the case of two people ordering the last box at the same time), but if the person doesn't complete the purchase it will become available again. This may take some time.

And people also sometimes cancel it later.

And yes, there might also be a case of them only releasing a portion of the boxes for sale - but i doubt it.

If you didnt get it by now, you will risk not getting it. Its 4000 pieces after all!

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2016, 02:48:30 AM »
Yeah!!!
Then 255€ for the Bundle with the Vinyl.
Expensive to be an European  ;)

Now multiply that by almost 4 and add 60% of taxes over everything (including shpping).

It's expensive being South American, so that bundle will have to stay away from me, sadly.

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2016, 04:35:16 AM »
Even though I'm a big DT fan, I think that box set is a bit wasted opportunity because there could be so much to involve from that concept but only cool thing here is the NOMAC figure. I'm really not spending 200€ from a little action figure, bunch of paper and cards, map and the actual cd. This box set is really overpriced if compared to, for example, BL&SL box set which was way cooler in my opinion (including stems, LPs and limited poster) and it was half of that price.

That LP set is really overpriced too, I could spend something like 50€-70€ to that but 95€ is really expensive!

So, budget of student force me to buy the standard cd edition.  :-[
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Kilminster

« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2016, 04:35:50 AM »
I suspect the reason it keeps going in and out of stock is that they have allocated certain amounts to each territory (US, UK etc) and so each time it goes out of stock on the US store they move some allocated for other territories over to the US store? 

Offline Awaken

« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2016, 06:08:58 AM »
The only options showing In Stock for me are the Digital Download and the Vinyl Package.  They must be doing quite well with the pre-orders for the CDs to be sold out, too.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2016, 10:16:43 AM »
Back in stock for the US peeps

EDIT: The website is a clusterf.... I keep getting password errors where there's nowhere to enter the password. I've tried paypal and credit card options and no success.  :facepalm:

EDIT2: I used Chrome (Was using Firefox before) and without login into my account. That' worked!  :yarr
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:30:18 AM by goo-goo »

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2016, 11:12:20 AM »
Glad you got to snag a copy.

Even though I'm a big DT fan, I think that box set is a bit wasted opportunity because there could be so much to involve from that concept but only cool thing here is the NOMAC figure. I'm really not spending 200€ from a little action figure, bunch of paper and cards, map and the actual cd. This box set is really overpriced if compared to, for example, BL&SL box set which was way cooler in my opinion (including stems, LPs and limited poster) and it was half of that price.

That LP set is really overpriced too, I could spend something like 50€-70€ to that but 95€ is really expensive!

So, budget of student force me to buy the standard cd edition.  :-[

The only thing that interested me about the BC&SL box were the stems.

This time we got a lot of stuff, a map(which will probably be poster sized), Character cards(with info about them on back?), Lyrics in the form of a script, that's not even including the NOMAC. Who knows what the NOMAC actually will be?

That's a lot and well worth $200 to me.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:22:38 AM by Ben_Jamin »

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »
I'm a sucker for collectors boxes (i often get them for video games and for movie releases). This one looks well done, and right up my alley.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2016, 11:31:45 AM »
Pre-ordered my copy. Roll on January 29th!

Offline Gpals71

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »
I'm a sucker for collectors boxes (i often get them for video games and for movie releases). This one looks well done, and right up my alley.
I have ordered 2 Bundles.
1 will stay on my shelf un-opened, and the other one I will play and look to pieces.
Cant wait  :laugh:

Offline TL

« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »
Amazon Canada finally has a listing up...

Vinyl version, listed as "1 disc", for $187.39 +tax. Releases on Feb 5th.

Oh, Amazon, keep shining on you crazy fucking diamond.  :lol

(Seriously, for pre-ordering things, Amazon Canada is hilariously terrible half the time).

Offline ansell

« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2016, 01:30:04 PM »
Possible heads up for some people.

I pre-ordered the vinyl box on December 4th through the bands website (the day pre-orders started)

I payed through PayPal and got an email shortly after saying I was charged by the WMG Store. Cool.

Today I realized that I hadn't actually received an email about the purchase from anyone other than paypal.

Got in contact with WMG and apparently my order is not going to be completed for reasons I can't explain, and now i need to get ahold of PayPal to refund me my money because WMG can't do that themselves from their end.

An email about my order status would have been nice but oh well, shit happens. (For all I know I could have some how messed up the order)

Just thought I would let you guys know!

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2016, 12:09:11 PM »
Does anyone know if the cd will come with the liner notes.  I am taking my wife to the concert and she likes to look at the liner notes.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Pax

« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2016, 10:21:57 AM »
So, I'm pre-ordering TA in a few days (the first CD I've ever bought). I wanted to buy that Ravenskill patch,but it's not longer available on amazon. Will it become available again for pre-order order, or it was just a limited edition? Thanks
!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇F.F.Chopin!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇

Offline Pax

« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2016, 09:55:34 AM »
I need help, I want to pre-order CD from Amazon

I just don't get anything on that site, sometimes it shows album prices in euros, sometimes in dollars, and those two prices are not even the same when converted

But the main question is, if I pre-order 2 CD's, when will it get to my address? I live in Serbia, btw. It says there are some different options to select (if you want it to arrive 2-4 days late, up to 18-30 days late), but it shows no price for anything of that. And why the fuck would I want to pre-order if I'm not getting my delivery on the release day? Someone help me :(

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2016, 10:34:47 AM »
I need help, I want to pre-order CD from Amazon

I just don't get anything on that site, sometimes it shows album prices in euros, sometimes in dollars, and those two prices are not even the same when converted

But the main question is, if I pre-order 2 CD's, when will it get to my address? I live in Serbia, btw. It says there are some different options to select (if you want it to arrive 2-4 days late, up to 18-30 days late), but it shows no price for anything of that. And why the fuck would I want to pre-order if I'm not getting my delivery on the release day? Someone help me :(

I think in your case, it would be easier to go to a nearby store and get it.

Offline JonesyAZ

« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2016, 11:55:21 AM »
I just preordered the limited ed. box set after going back and forth on it (especially when it looked like it had been sold out on the U.S. RR site).  When I saw that it was showing "In Stock" today, I had to move on it.  The only other DT box set I have is for BC&SL which in hindsight was underwhelming (it was still fun to have contributed my fan mix of ANTR complete w/ Emperor-esque black metal vox!).

But with all the stuff coming in this new box that will enhance the huge concept of this album, I would have regretted not buying it.  Stinks that we have to wait until March though for the majority of the box.  But it's all good :)
Sometimes I feel like I’m a super model.

But then I realize that I possess none of their qualities. Plus I have no mutant powers.

Offline Vandalism

• DTF.org Alumni
  • A Voluntary Lapse of Reason
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2016, 02:08:04 AM »
Now the CD is available for preorder in India as well only on Amazon but it will be released on February 6th.

https://www.amazon.in/Astonishing-Dream-Theater/dp/B018H6M7CW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1452934307&sr=8-5&keywords=dream+theater

There is no way to digitally download the album on 29th either. Amazon Prime, Google Play Music, Spotify nothing works here for now except iTunes maybe. But I ll be on a beach holiday on 29th and I have an Android phone.  I am investigating Apple Music whether it might be of any use in my country.

Its all on you, Apple!
\\m// Death is the first Dancing Turtle \\m//

Offline Vandalism

• DTF.org Alumni
  • A Voluntary Lapse of Reason
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2016, 01:26:16 PM »
It works! Apple Music saves the day! Thats it for 29th and I ordered the CD as well.

Also here its just 120 INR per month (less than 2$) after a 3 month free trial. And I found the Dream Theater Radio Channel.  :yarr
\\m// Death is the first Dancing Turtle \\m//

Offline thosava

« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2016, 01:51:30 PM »
I was looking at the prices for the CD box-set. Why is it a lot more expensive in europe? I found that it costs about 125 usd, but 175 euros? Where did other people pre-order from? (Especially if you also are norwegian?)