Author Topic: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information  (Read 69562 times)

Offline Pax

• an operator acting over a Hilbert space
  • pianist and music theorist
Re: The Astonishing -- Order and Pre-Order information
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2015, 11:07:42 AM »
Can someone please tell me I'll benefit from pre ordering instead of regular ordering, since price will go down after the release?
!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇F.F.Chopin!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2015, 11:21:47 AM »
Can someone please tell me I'll benefit from pre ordering instead of regular ordering, since price will go down after the release?

How do you imagine benefiting?
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline ori.elias5

• Its only in your mind
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »
My only question is this: if i pre order it, do i get it the 29th or they ship it to me on the 29?

Offline Pax

• an operator acting over a Hilbert space
  • pianist and music theorist
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2015, 12:27:59 PM »

I guess getting some gift, since pre ordering wouldn't make sense otherwise, I mean, what's the point of buying something for a higher price when you can wait for it to drop considerably in a few weeks?
!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇F.F.Chopin!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2015, 12:34:31 PM »
I just saw that they sell the Astonishing Box Bundle for 255 Euros. Wtf.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »

If there's no benefit, why do it?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2015, 01:35:06 PM »
My only question is this: if i pre order it, do i get it the 29th or they ship it to me on the 29?

I've pre-ordered several albums over the last few years, and I've got them either on release day or the day after.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2015, 01:36:04 PM »

I've pre-ordered several albums over the last few years, and I've got them either on release day or the day after.

If you pre order you get the FLAC download on the day of release at least whilst you wait for your physical product.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2015, 01:39:45 PM »
Tried ordering through Paypal *again*.

Still nothing.

No emails. No request for paypal info.

I hope I don't get charged double on Jan 29th...

UNABLE TO SEND EMAIL

Jesus Fucking Christ :soon: - sort your fucking shit out.

If I get charged twice for this - i'll not be happy.

*Click HERE for our FAQ and Help Centre*

"We are sorry, but the page you are looking for cannot be found."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline olddtfan51@gmail.com

« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2015, 01:54:25 PM »
The regular cd set is now on Amazon U.S. for preorder.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2015, 02:09:41 PM »

I guess getting some gift, since pre ordering wouldn't make sense otherwise, I mean, what's the point of buying something for a higher price when you can wait for it to drop considerably in a few weeks?

Technically you could wait a year or two and get it really cheap if saving money is the main concern. I'd say pre-ordering is smooth because you guarantee yourself getting the album on release, and without much hassle you will get it in the mail. But if you live near a record store, it might actually be better to not pre-order and just pick it up on release day. Sometimes the mail screws up, and even if you pre-ordered 2 months ago, you might get it 2 days late, whereas someone who hasn't pre-ordered can just waltz into a record store and buy a copy. Personally I mainly pre-order if it's a limited release (like vinyl) to assure that I get a copy, but if I just want a normal CD I might as well pick it up in a store.

As for the whole waiting part, if you're a fan of a band, do you really WANT to wait a few weeks or a month to listen to a brand new album?

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »

There are benefits for the band, I get that. And if a product is expected to sell out, like the boxset, I can see why pre ordering is helpful. But if you just want the CD, you actually improve your chances of listening to it on release day, by just buying it in a store.
Or am I missing something?
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »

There are benefits for the band, I get that. And if a product is expected to sell out, like the boxset, I can see why pre ordering is helpful. But if you just want the CD, you actually improve your chances of listening to it on release day, by just buying it in a store.
Or am I missing something?

Unless you buy through Amazon that are pretty reliable about getting you the album on the day it is released. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2015, 04:57:52 PM »
I'm gonna have to coz :soon: is a big bag of shit.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2015, 08:09:06 PM »
You might summon Roadrunner guy if you keep talking about him, then you can throw shit at him.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2015, 09:11:04 PM »
Tried ordering through Paypal *again*.

Still nothing.

No emails. No request for paypal info.

I hope I don't get charged double on Jan 29th...

UNABLE TO SEND EMAIL

Jesus Fucking Christ :soon: - sort your fucking shit out.

If I get charged twice for this - i'll not be happy.

*Click HERE for our FAQ and Help Centre*

"We are sorry, but the page you are looking for cannot be found."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

like my scenario, i imagine it works the same way where if you haven't gotten any sort of confirmation page or email then you haven't been charged, although you should be able to go on paypal and see for sure. 

Offline DreamTension

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Live in the moment, breathe in a nude beginning
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2015, 04:36:06 PM »
From DT's Facebook:

"We have put together two very special box sets for The Astonishing and we are thrilled to share them with all of you! While you can click on the link below to find all of the details about these beautiful sets, there is one thing that we feel it's important to explain: there is a specific component to the Deluxe Box Sets that is not only very cool, but that we believe is crucial; the NOMAC 3D replica. Because of the intricacies involved in creating this unique model (they are all hand painted!), it is taking longer than originally anticipated to produce. Of all the items we’ve put together when designing The Astonishing box sets, this is the one we’re most excited about! As a result, the Deluxe Box Sets won’t be shipping until March, so for those of you who choose to pre-order, we’ll be sending you the physical double-album CD, plus a small gift on the date of release, as a sign of our appreciation for your patience while you await delivery of the full package.  Trust us, these box sets will be worth the wait!

We can’t tell you how proud and enthused we are about The Astonishing, and we really can’t wait for everyone to hear it!

– Dream Theater"

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2015, 04:57:52 PM »
I was just happy that the deluxe edition wasn't another 12x12 box that they've been doing since BC&SL. Although, the uniformity does look cool on my bookcase.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ProgressiveIce

« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2015, 12:40:28 PM »
€255? And that doesn't even include shipping and taxes yet... What the hell.

And the prices for show tickets have gone up by a factor 2 since the last tour as well (at least for the concert in Zurich)...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:53:35 PM by ProgressiveIce »

Offline TexasFury

« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »
On the Deluxe sets, is "The Astonishing Gift" the NOMAC, or something separate? And are the FLAC files simply CD quality (I can rip that myself), or a higher bitrate/resolution?

Offline Skeever

« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »

And the prices for show tickets have gone up by a factor 2 since the last tour as well (at least for the concert in Zurich)...

Yeah seriously.

And $100 for the vinyl book is really very steep, even if it is 4 180 gram LPs, because I buy new LPs are the time and those prices are nearly double what I'd expect. Hmmm.

CD version for me, I guess.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2015, 10:30:28 PM »

I have never bought such a delux edition of an album I don't need all the extra stuff even if it is cool... would love a limited edition cd version with just a little extra though

As for the shows. Yes they are expensive but they will be special. The production of the shows full visuals will probably have cost the band a lot, they need to get that back.
I am going twice and pay for three tickets. Going with a friend the first night (he pays his ticket) and with my son the next night. It will probably be worth it and more....

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2015, 12:17:51 AM »
Are we getting a making of documentary this time?
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2015, 12:34:18 AM »
On the Deluxe sets, is "The Astonishing Gift" the NOMAC, or something separate?

I would assume it's something else, as it's the production of the NOMAC models that means the rest of the boxset is not being delivered until March.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2015, 10:02:51 AM »
So, I never pre-order, but was thinking of it this time.  If I pre-order just the standard CD, when will I get it in California?  On the 29th?  Or does it get shipped on the 29th?  Also, who should I pre-order from?  RR or Amazon prime??  Thanks.

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2015, 10:18:50 AM »
So, I never pre-order, but was thinking of it this time.  If I pre-order just the standard CD, when will I get it in California?  On the 29th?  Or does it get shipped on the 29th?  Also, who should I pre-order from?  RR or Amazon prime??  Thanks.
With Amazon Prime they're saying it will arrive on 1/29 (I live in CA too) :

Arriving:
Friday, January 29

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2015, 10:38:14 AM »
Are we getting a making of documentary this time?

Nope.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2015, 11:03:37 AM »
With Amazon Prime they're saying it will arrive on 1/29 (I live in CA too) :

Arriving:
Friday, January 29

I saw that after I posted, but I noticed that the RR one was the CD plus the Mp3 disc.  Not sure if the Amazon is the same, seems like it's only the CD?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2015, 11:56:23 AM »
From DT's Facebook:

"We have put together two very special box sets for The Astonishing and we are thrilled to share them with all of you! While you can click on the link below to find all of the details about these beautiful sets, there is one thing that we feel it's important to explain: there is a specific component to the Deluxe Box Sets that is not only very cool, but that we believe is crucial; the NOMAC 3D replica. Because of the intricacies involved in creating this unique model (they are all hand painted!), it is taking longer than originally anticipated to produce. Of all the items we’ve put together when designing The Astonishing box sets, this is the one we’re most excited about! As a result, the Deluxe Box Sets won’t be shipping until March, so for those of you who choose to pre-order, we’ll be sending you the physical double-album CD, plus a small gift on the date of release, as a sign of our appreciation for your patience while you await delivery of the full package.  Trust us, these box sets will be worth the wait!

We can’t tell you how proud and enthused we are about The Astonishing, and we really can’t wait for everyone to hear it!

– Dream Theater"

So, from a boxset that includes the actual album, the map that helps understanding where the story takes place, the cards that present the characters that are being sung in the story, mp3 and FLAC files of the album... the most *crucial* part is a TOY?

Unless it's a fully working NOMAC that plays the music (you know, those Nomacs-marked tracks on the tracklist) in sync to the album, that's like saying that from a similar constructed Scenes from a Memory deluxe boxset, the most crucial part would be the newspaper of Echo Hill's shooting.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2015, 11:16:10 AM »
Ordered the Deluxe Box...

Yay for me.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #135 on: December 25, 2015, 12:52:23 PM »
Well, I ordered the Deluxe Bundle, all $199.00 of it... yikes. I did get a nice paycheck for doing a musical gig a couple of weeks ago (way more than I was expecting to get/more than I usually get), so I figured I'd treat myself this Christmas. On top of that, I also ordered the BTFW BD/3CD set, which I never got around to owning (only have the DVD but really wanted the set on CD at well), so now I'll have that.

Cannot wait to get this box set!!! Looks so good, especially with the posters and cards and the 3d printed NOMAC!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #136 on: December 25, 2015, 02:16:57 PM »
I just got the standard double CD. I just can't afford anything else this time.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2015, 01:44:27 AM »
I just bought the boxset, yet I can't download "the gift of music", why can't I download it?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2015, 07:08:55 PM »
I just bought the boxset, yet I can't download "the gift of music", why can't I download it?

Really? The link in my email of the order worked fine for me. If you can't get it to work, I would just email RR and see if they can send you a link.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2015, 08:32:02 PM »
OK..pre-ordered the 2 CD on Amazon Prime.  Hopefully the FLAC will be out on the 29th through HD Tracks also.