Author Topic: Martin Anders (Pomegranate Tiger/ONI)  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Martin Anders (Pomegranate Tiger/ONI)
« on: November 25, 2015, 03:44:00 AM »
I really hope there's more people around here who know about these guys, if not, think of a more melodic and slightly less technical Animals As Leaders, also a bit heavier. Their debut album (Entities) was released early 2013, they have currently released 3 tracks off their upcoming album, since it's coming closer I thought I'd create a thread for it, here's some youtubes:

New single! (Manifesto)

Maxims, off their debut album - I recommend listening to the album version of this one, as there's a cool interlude to this track right before it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:45:07 AM by Train of Naught »
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
Re: Pomegranate Tiger - New album out December 11th!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 01:17:00 AM »
They're good shit dude! Found them via Apple Music, and I'm so happy I did. I must say I gotta love Apple Music for that reason. I've found so many new bands because of them.

Looking forward to their new album! What's been released so far is really good!
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 02:06:59 AM »
Awesome, so I'm not the only one  ;D. I gotta say the first 2 singles didn't really blow me away though, but this last one is more like it.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:11:04 AM »
These guys are fucking ridiculous, good to know they got some more stuff coming out.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 02:52:16 AM »
Martin Anders actually does all the main instruments himself (drums, guitar and piano).

On the upcoming album there's some guest instruments though, there's going to be a string quartet (double bass, cello and viola), and also an electric bass player. It's all noted here, including the complete tracklist: https://pomegranatetiger.bandcamp.com/

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 01:07:32 PM »
UPDATE: They've just streamed their full album, I pre-ordered the album and it should arrive tomorrow, I didn't want to spoil all the fun so I've only listened to Stomp the Haunted Crown. Love it, it's like the heavier stuff off Entities mixed with a bit of Gojira.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
Re: Martin Anders (Pomegranate Tiger/ONI)
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 01:44:50 AM »
Reviving this thread to announce that Martin Anders (the guy behind Pomegranate Tiger) has teamed up with others to finally form a band! They're called ONI (not to be confused with OSI) and they've released their first single titled 'Eternal Recurrence'. They're mostly prog metal with some melodeath tendencies, including a pretty cool electronic xylophone solo.