Author Topic: Help choosing a new guitar amp please  (Read 891 times)

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
Help choosing a new guitar amp please
« on: November 24, 2015, 03:12:48 PM »
Hi guys I really need some advice to choose a new all tube guitar combo. I play live most weekends in small to medium venues, so a 2x12 combo would be my size choice. When I go to the studio to rehearse I use a Marshall Jcm 2000 and I love the sound and switching options so something similar would be great!! Thanks in advance for your help :-) p.s.  I mostly play an American strat
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
Re: Help choosing a new guitar amp please
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:02:36 PM »
My favorite amp is a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier. I play somewhat heavy music though. But that amp is pretty versatile so it might suit your style as well.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Help choosing a new guitar amp please
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:03:46 PM »
My favorite amp is a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier. I play somewhat heavy music though. But that amp is pretty versatile so it might suit your style as well.

I was going to recommend the same amp. My brother uses one also and it sounds amazing no matter what you're playing. It's just a matter of knowing how to adjust the settings.