Author Topic: Time for a drink. Who's in?  (Read 256085 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: Time for a drink. Who's in?
« Reply #315 on: December 18, 2015, 12:53:50 PM »
This group definitely needs to come up with a cocktail to commemorate Palmeiras. I'm thinking, it absolutely must begin with Tequila.

[edit] And, a splash of this

[/edit]

Cabo whahíbrido?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2015, 01:03:32 PM »
It is.  In a black single shoulder leotard smashing people and the English language with a 2x4.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2015, 06:27:48 PM »
In.

Finishing off the bottle of 14 Hands Cabernet that I opened on the 5th...then on to the hard stuff.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2015, 06:35:30 PM »
In.

Crown Royal and water.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2015, 01:00:28 AM »
In. Still working on my Sierra Nevada sampler and not showing my penis to anyone.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #320 on: December 19, 2015, 06:08:27 AM »
In.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2015, 09:58:04 AM »
Tonight I plan on opening the bottle of Knob Creek bourbon I bought 3 weeks ago but was too sick to drink any.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: December 19, 2015, 11:54:02 AM »
Having a day beer with one of my guests at the hotel, nice and quiet Saturday.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #323 on: December 19, 2015, 12:31:52 PM »
Troeg's Perpetual IPA, all day.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #324 on: December 19, 2015, 06:21:52 PM »
In.

Moses and the Misfits - Clown Shoes Imperial Cream Ale.  Made with cocoa nibs and vanilla beans. Nice.  9.1 ABV'S
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: December 19, 2015, 06:59:18 PM »
Founders Project PAM.

Holy crap this bold big and a huge flavor.   A black IPA,  made with 6 hops.  Aged in bourbon barrels.  Holy shit.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #326 on: December 19, 2015, 07:22:15 PM »
I only had a glass of wine tonight. The spawn is here and I don't want to pass out...too soon.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #327 on: December 20, 2015, 12:58:31 AM »
Spawn has literally been to hell and back. I think he can deal with seeing a shitfaced Italian.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #328 on: December 20, 2015, 02:10:24 AM »
In. More Sierra Nevada until I can finish this stuff off. Just came up with a fun thing. Try to see how long you can take to pour a beer without breaking the stream. As in, a continuous stream of fluid where you can't distinguish individual droplets. I managed to go 1:09 but didn't even decide to try it until a few seconds after I'd begun so I imagine I could easily add 10 seconds to it. On the plus side, it makes an immaculately clean pour.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #329 on: December 20, 2015, 01:10:44 PM »
Spawn has literally been to hell and back. I think he can deal with seeing a shitfaced Italian.

This spawn is a she.

In. I'm having more of that Jesse James Spiced Whisky.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »
In.

Hoppin' Frog Double Imperial Stout.  Holy crap it is boozy.

Did I say it was boozy?

Yup, it's boozy.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2015, 02:10:48 PM »
I'm in.  Took the doggie's for a walk, and it sure feels a lot colder than 3C/38F out there.  Time for something to warm the cauckles.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2015, 02:12:59 PM »
It's windy here adding to feeling colder.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2015, 04:18:58 PM »
Havin a New Belgium Snow Day black ale. 6.2% abv and I'd call it between good and very good. An unusual but pleasant combo of roasted caramel with pininess following right behind it. Almost as dark as Wesley Snipes' dick too.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #334 on: December 20, 2015, 06:00:47 PM »
I just drank the last Sam Adams White Xmas.  After I drop the spawn off, I'm coming home to have some more whisky and celebrate an awesome Steelers victory.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #335 on: December 20, 2015, 07:29:31 PM »
In.

Jefferson's Ocean with a splash of water.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #336 on: December 20, 2015, 07:35:26 PM »
Back in.  Thank you Secret Santa   :tup  (will upload video later tonight or tomorrow morning)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DT.net Member
« Reply #337 on: December 20, 2015, 07:54:26 PM »
My liver buffet:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2015, 05:29:01 AM »
I still have to find that Coffee Stout. I've had the Torpedo. I'm not the hugest fan of IPAs, but that one is good.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »
Sierra Nevada's Celebration is an AMAZING IPA.  A winter IPA, without all the spices and crap that ruin most "winter" beers.  A fresh hopped IPA.  I never really understood what that meant, but their page on the Celebration Ale explains:

Over recent years, there has been some confusion about the difference between fresh and wet hops. While it may seem like semantics, to us it’s an important distinction.

Wet Hops are un-dried hops, picked and shipped from the growing fields within 24 hours.

Fresh Hops are the freshest dried hops to come from the fields, typically within seven days of harvest.  Over 90% of the world’s hop harvest happens between August 31 and October 31, and these hops are used throughout the calendar year. Can hops possibly be the same on November 1, one day after harvest, as they are on July 25, nearly one year after growing in the fields? The answer is no. We think of hops like dry kitchen spices—the flavor of thyme or rosemary right after the jar is opened is far more intense than it is six months later. The same can be said for hops. There are ways to control the way hops age and to reformulate and readjust as some of the aromas fade, but there’s nothing like the magic of the first bales of hops as fresh as can be. That is the stuff dreams are made of!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: December 21, 2015, 08:18:24 AM »
Fresh hops are added for the most part at the end of a boil.

What you do with hops is pick them when they have a papery feel to them.  you squeeze them and they crinkle but spring right back into the form.  That's when they are ready to be picked.  Then you have this mesh trap that you hook up to a square fan to dry the hops.  you can vacuum seal them to save them to brew with but like all things, they don't last for ever.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #341 on: December 21, 2015, 08:24:15 AM »
Well, either way, the Celebration is good shit.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: December 21, 2015, 08:26:02 AM »
I've got to get you back up here and we'll make a trip to Vermont to blob your mind with some killer IPA's.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #343 on: December 21, 2015, 08:28:30 AM »
That would be excellent.  VT and ME are the only two New England states I haven't visited yet.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #344 on: December 21, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »
I've got to get you back up here and we'll make a trip to Vermont to blob your mind with some killer IPA's.

Any by blobbing someone's mind, you mean making them a 90-percenter?  :blob:

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #345 on: December 21, 2015, 02:25:54 PM »
PS, I can't remember if I ever mentioned it to you, back in August of 2013, we went to see Black Sabbath in Holmdel on a Sunday night, and spent Friday afternoon through Sunday morning in Staten Island.  I didn't really know you back then, otherwise we'd totally have met up for beers.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: December 21, 2015, 02:28:46 PM »

Shows you how many times I've typed blob on my cell. :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #347 on: December 21, 2015, 05:12:53 PM »
PS, I can't remember if I ever mentioned it to you, back in August of 2013, we went to see Black Sabbath in Holmdel on a Sunday night, and spent Friday afternoon through Sunday morning in Staten Island.  I didn't really know you back then, otherwise we'd totally have met up for beers.

I do recall you mentioning once before that you were in Staten Island but, like you mentioned, we didn't really know each other back then. Were you at a bar on the island or at a friend's house? Well, I know you're not TOO far from me, so it's not like I can't drive out to see you play one night.

Shows you how many times I've typed blob on my cell. :lol

:lol

There's no escaping him.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #348 on: December 21, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »
I do recall you mentioning once before that you were in Staten Island but, like you mentioned, we didn't really know each other back then. Were you at a bar on the island or at a friend's house? Well, I know you're not TOO far from me, so it's not like I can't drive out to see you play one night.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Wild Ave, literally right next to the north mound of Fresh Kills.  Actually, we got there on Saturday.  Took Victory Blvd. all the way to the eastern end, then over to the SI Ferry.  Took that to Manhattan, stayed for a bit, got some pizza, came back, went to Joe and Pat's, then back to the hotel for the night.  Next day, we went to Nunzio's, then over to fish at Ocean Breeze Pier, then on to Holmdel.  So we didn't really get to do a ton.  It wasn't nearly as "big city" as i think I expected it to be.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #349 on: December 21, 2015, 06:03:33 PM »

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Wild Ave, literally right next to the north mound of Fresh Kills.  Actually, we got there on Saturday.  Took Victory Blvd. all the way to the eastern end, then over to the SI Ferry.  Took that to Manhattan, stayed for a bit, got some pizza, came back, went to Joe and Pat's, then back to the hotel for the night.  Next day, we went to Nunzio's, then over to fish at Ocean Breeze Pier, then on to Holmdel.  So we didn't really get to do a ton.  It wasn't nearly as "big city" as i think I expected it to be.

Staten Island is much more suburban, especially on the south shore where I live. It's more akin to Long Island. The north shore of Staten Island is more Brooklyn. Joe and Pat's makes some really good pizza. It has been a while since I've been there though.  If you come back to the island, we're going to Denino's. It's probably one of the best pizzerias in all of NYC. I used to go there all of the time. We would get a few of pitchers of beer, a couple of pies, wings, and have a blast.

In.
Jesse James Spiced Whisky