Author Topic: The "I'm Traveling somewhere" Thread  (Read 55223 times)

Azyiu and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The "I'm Traveling somewhere" Thread
« Reply #1085 on: April 09, 2024, 04:53:37 PM »
My legs were dead and sore all Sunday from the walking  :lol but I did get that Lego set I shared in the general discussion thread. Also, lunch in Little Italy was better than expected. Otherwise I was mostly miserable.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1086 on: April 09, 2024, 04:55:32 PM »
Flying into LGA sit on the left side of the aircraft. If you get the expressway visual approach you'll be glad you did.

I'm on the left side, but it's an aisle seat.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #1087 on: April 10, 2024, 09:43:52 AM »
Made it back from my trip to Scotland, no thanks to the pricks at Heathrow security. Everytime I go to London I hope to be proved wrong, and every single time I'm vindicated about how much of a cesspool nightmare that place is.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1088 on: April 10, 2024, 09:48:25 AM »
Made it back from my trip to Scotland, no thanks to the pricks at Heathrow security. Everytime I go to London I hope to be proved wrong, and every single time I'm vindicated about how much of a cesspool nightmare that place is.
I hope my experience is better for my upcoming trip, though I am going in through a different airport.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1089 on: April 15, 2024, 04:06:16 PM »
Sunday night, I'm taking a red eye to New York.  Flying into Laguardia for the first time.  When Expedia, Hotels.com and VRBO consolidated, I ended up with enough whoopie points for the flight out there to be paid for, although I learned that you can't use those points for flights on United, Delta or American.  So...LAX to LGA (via Orlando) on JetBlue.

I upgraded to exit row seats for my red eye flights.  For the LAX to MCO leg, I had the entire row to myself (as did the guy across the aisle).  For the MCO to LGA leg, there was no one in the middle seat.  AND after landing around 9am, I was able to check into my hotel in Brooklyn at 10:30!  I didn't even have to ask for early check-in.

I just hope something doesn't go horribly wrong to offset how it's gone so far.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung