Author Topic: So there's this cone.  (Read 36606 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: So there's this cone.
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »
That amazes me, actually, what with you wearing an out of town team's apparel.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2015, 04:56:53 PM »
I would suggest-if you can-grabbing the cone when no one is looking, and either throw it in a trash dumpster a few miles away, or if you have some use for it at home, keep it. If she puts up another one, make up a sign that says something about how there is no reserved parking, and super-glue it to the cone!
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2015, 05:43:19 PM »
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2015, 08:05:42 PM »
I thought they cracked down on that last winter big time, and basically tried to abolish the practice.  On the other hand, I have no idea whether it worked or not.

I think they tried and failed
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Calvin6s

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2015, 08:17:18 PM »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:57:12 PM by Calvin6s »

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2015, 08:21:56 PM »
Or leave a ransom note with the classic letters cut out of magazines.

Calvin6s

« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2015, 08:33:22 PM »
FBI's most wanted poster for terrorizing the parking garage.  Have an America's Most Wanted TV spot with John Walsh.  Watch as the cone attacks Chino's car.  Chino "I saw an open parking spot, and suddenly this cone jumps up on my car hood, bangs on the window and rolls over the top.  I was so scared, I baked over him for good measure.  But the very next day, he was back.  He won't leave me alone."

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2015, 08:51:25 PM »
I thought they cracked down on that last winter big time, and basically tried to abolish the practice.  On the other hand, I have no idea whether it worked or not.

I think they tried and failed

I believe it.  I know it wasn't exactly popular.  The cracking down, that is.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2015, 08:56:03 PM »
Be sure to cut a corner off of the base and send it along so she'll know you mean business.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Calvin6s

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2015, 09:03:06 PM »
Be sure to cut a corner off of the base and send it along so she'll know you mean business.

So draw a picture of a foot on the cone base and cut off a toe?  We are a couple posts away from a cone snuff film at this point.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2015, 03:50:09 AM »
So I snapped this as I was leaving yesterday. The space that the blue car was in was where the cone was in the morning. The cone woman's car was nowhere to be found. What's interesting is this time the cone was left in the moved position. That could be because I didnt block someone else in with the cone this time. I moved it in front of a pillar rather than another car. So I'm thinking A) she didn't go to work yesterday and that space would have remained empty all day or B) she left the cone up top, parked down stairs, and then just moved the cone to a new vaccant space on her way out. I'll provide an update in a few hours.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2015, 03:58:44 AM »
you can still use my poo idea if you want js

Calvin6s

« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2015, 04:02:00 AM »
So. Will this thread be used as evidence against Chino on the way to the funny farm?   :corn

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2015, 04:21:23 AM »
So. Will this thread be used as evidence against Chino on the way to the funny farm?   :corn

No, Chino is sompletely sane.

If she's got a disability, it can't be anything serious. A doctor said she could get me a handicapped plate because of my sciatica. They aren't that hard to get.

I found this out at my work just yesterday.  As I was walking past the disabled spots towards the entrance, an asian women bringing her daughter to swimming lessons pulled into one of the disabled spaces, simply got out and was walking very quickly towards the entrance in a rush.  I had stopped and was looking back and watched her get out of the car. 

I stopped as she raced past me and said, "excuse me, you've parked in a handicap space."  She replied in a thick accent; "Yes, I know, I have sticker, I have problem with spine."  She was fucking walking faster and more free than I do.  I was dumbfounded and went back and checked her car, and yep, there's the sticker on the windscreen as she rushed into the venue as it seemed they were late.  What the hell?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2015, 05:34:30 AM »
So I didn't have to do any work this morning. Some maintenance guy used her cone to block the space he was working in  :lol He put his boxes where I left the cone yesterday.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2015, 05:55:42 AM »

:rollin i like this idea

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2015, 06:23:18 AM »
That amazes me, actually, what with you wearing an out of town team's apparel.

I think there is something to the "living there", but I think it has something to do with how it gets handled.   I don't think I'm anything special, and I'm not a confrontational guy in the sense of fistfights and stuff (literally, the most confrontational I ever get is in P/R type discussions, and in person it goes a lot like it does here).   I can remember walking into my local bar with a Giants shirt and some girls started to mouth, and I went right up to them and asked "Is my fly down? Is there a game today?  What's going on?" and started a convo, and as soon as you throw in the "C'mon, you don't expect me to bail on my team just because I'm in public.  I don't have much balls but I have more than that!" or something like that and it defuses the situation pretty quickly.   They'll usually throw in a "we're going to kick your ass" (and unfortunately for the Giants, they're usually right), I throw in a "Bet you a beer!" and next thing you know I've got a couple Jersey girls hanging with the dick with the Giants shirt on.   I can't say I've walked through West Philly at night with my Giants shirt on, grant you that, and I also Mum (Avalon String Band), which helps too. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2015, 06:29:07 AM »

If she's got a disability, it can't be anything serious. A doctor said she could get me a handicapped plate because of my sciatica. They aren't that hard to get.

I found this out at my work just yesterday.  As I was walking past the disabled spots towards the entrance, an asian women bringing her daughter to swimming lessons pulled into one of the disabled spaces, simply got out and was walking very quickly towards the entrance in a rush.  I had stopped and was looking back and watched her get out of the car. 

I stopped as she raced past me and said, "excuse me, you've parked in a handicap space."  She replied in a thick accent; "Yes, I know, I have sticker, I have problem with spine."  She was fucking walking faster and more free than I do.  I was dumbfounded and went back and checked her car, and yep, there's the sticker on the windscreen as she rushed into the venue as it seemed they were late.  What the hell?

Having both a handicapped MIL (who at least looks it) and a handicapped wife (who doesn't really....bad knee, and it can vary on how bad it is day to day, or sometimes weather will affect it) I have a lot of experience with being mis-labeled as a space abuser.

I can remember one of the many times I caught flack was when I was I dropped off my wife and MIL at the doctors office.   While we were waiting, I decided to run out and get coffee.    When I came back, I (with my handicapped plates) got out of the car by myself and walked perfectly normal into the doctors office.     The glares I got were off the chart, but I was perfectly legit.       This has happened at other times, like taking my MIL out to lunch and then my wife reminding me we need something from the grocery store across the street.    I'll run over (I don't use the HC space at the store), and come back to the restaurant.   When I park in the HC space on my return and go running in, people just flip out.     I'm picking up a wheelchair person.   

People are so quick to judge.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
So I didn't have to do any work this morning. Some maintenance guy used her cone to block the space he was working in  :lol He put his boxes where I left the cone yesterday.

This is glorious.  I think at this point, the cone is emancipated, no longer under the control of its former master.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2015, 10:19:33 AM »

Having both a handicapped MIL (who at least looks it) and a handicapped wife (who doesn't really....bad knee, and it can vary on how bad it is day to day, or sometimes weather will affect it) I have a lot of experience with being mis-labeled as a space abuser.

I can remember one of the many times I caught flack was when I was I dropped off my wife and MIL at the doctors office.   While we were waiting, I decided to run out and get coffee.    When I came back, I (with my handicapped plates) got out of the car by myself and walked perfectly normal into the doctors office.     The glares I got were off the chart, but I was perfectly legit.       This has happened at other times, like taking my MIL out to lunch and then my wife reminding me we need something from the grocery store across the street.    I'll run over (I don't use the HC space at the store), and come back to the restaurant.   When I park in the HC space on my return and go running in, people just flip out.     I'm picking up a wheelchair person.   

A great point, but the fact remains, it is abused.  My dad has one as well (arthritis; two metal hips, two metal knees, etc.) and he often has to deal with spots taken by people who aren't incapable and "forgot their pass".  One time, I shit you not, he went to the grocery store in town and there was a cop in the spot.  Okay, emergency, right?  Cop comes strolling out of another store in the complex with a pizza in his hand.  Mofo, please. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2015, 12:48:42 PM »

This is glorious.  I think at this point, the cone is emancipated, no longer under the control of its former master.

:rollin

:rollin i like this idea

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease....

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »
This has been one of the most entertaining threads ever.  :lol 

What you can do is booby trap the cone with a few handfuls of fake spiders, so when she lifts up the cone they all come falling out.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2015, 03:48:15 PM »

That's all fair and yes myself and people in general are quick to judge, and no offense, but shouldn't you only use the space on a day you really need to?

Calvin6s

« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2015, 03:51:26 PM »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:58:16 PM by Calvin6s »

Offline jammindude

« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2015, 02:25:42 PM »
@Wolfking

Not really my call. My wife says it ALWAYS hurts. It's just that some days she has an actual limp, and some days she just walks tenderly, but slowly. And telling a wife to "suck it up" like you would to a guy is just never a good idea if you want a peaceful household. LOL

Completely fair question though. No offense taken.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2015, 05:33:57 PM »

What you can do is booby trap the cone with a few handfuls of fake spiders, so when she lifts up the cone they all come falling out.

Or real spiders :neverusethis:

The cone has been set free! Good news. For now...
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2015, 05:47:41 PM »

Or real spiders :neverusethis:

The cone has been set free! Good news. For now...

I like your evil thinking.   :xbones   :heart

Calvin6s

« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2015, 05:51:41 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »
Somehow, you just know this story is gonna end with Chino and that gal having a romp in the sack.  That cone could come in handy... :eek :eek

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2015, 06:52:41 PM »
Better yet, right there on the hood of her car!   They can even use the cone to ward off nosy people going into to work!  Haha.

I make me laugh. :)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2015, 03:52:06 AM »
@Wolfking

Not really my call. My wife says it ALWAYS hurts. It's just that some days she has an actual limp, and some days she just walks tenderly, but slowly. And telling a wife to "suck it up" like you would to a guy is just never a good idea if you want a peaceful household. LOL

Completely fair question though. No offense taken.

That's fair enough then mate.  I know what you are saying too haha.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2015, 06:22:04 AM »
Well, I called it. The woman moved the cone Friday to a nearby space. It was reserved for her this morning. She was in front of me as I got off the highway, and I was bummed because I wouldn't have a chance to do anything, but then Christmas came early.

The pickup truck driver could have easily fit his truck in the space next to the saved space. It would have barely fit, but I've seen him do it before. I'm pretty sure he's taken up arms with me.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2015, 07:43:44 AM »
:clap:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »
 :rollin One of the few times I'll applaud parking like an asshole.

Offline floydian1975

« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2015, 08:07:49 AM »
I see you have a panoramic roof, there.