Author Topic: Writing about Dream Theater songs  (Read 787 times)

Offline OnTheBacksofAngela

• DTF Enthusiast!
  • :)
Writing about Dream Theater songs
« on: November 09, 2015, 12:03:27 PM »
I love to write so I will be writing stories of DT songs.
Here is the list: A Nightmare to remember, TCoT, ITPOE, Forsaken, TDEN, TMOL, among others!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:11:09 PM by OnTheBacksofAngela »
Glad to be back.

Offline OnTheBacksofAngela

• DTF Enthusiast!
  • :)
Re: Writing about Dream Theater songs
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 06:09:16 PM »
Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory
Characters:Victoria, Nicholas, Edward (Miracle), Julian (Sleeper), Hypnotherapist, Nicholas' Wife, The Old Man, The Newspaper

Chapter 1: Regression Therapy and Victoria
Nicholas had woken up again to a nightmare. His wife shifted towards him, worry in her eyes.
"What's wrong honey?" his wife asked, worry in her voice.
"Another nightmare," he gasped, "I'm keep on dreaming about this girl....I think her name is Victoria."
His wife furrowed her eyebrows.
"Who is this Victoria, Nicholas?" his wife asked him, "Are you cheating on me behind my back?!"
"No, no!" Nicholas frantically replied, "I promise babe, I would never cheat on you! My memory is all fuzzy. I do not know why. I think I have to go see a hypnotherapist."
"I agree," she replied, "When? Tonight?"
"Absolutely not," Nicholas said, "I doubt any hypnotherapists are open right now. It's two in the morning, but I will be sure to grab the appointment, first thing tomorrow. Let's go back to sleep, shall we?"
His wife responded with a yawn and a nod as she lay back in bed. Nicholas himself tried to fall asleep, but a dream came to him.
Nicholas was standing before a young girl, possibly in her mid twenties.
"Who are you?" Nicholas asked, "Why are you always appearing?"
Her image flickered as a scream was heard. It only grew louder.
"Will you please talk to me?!" Nicholas shouted in frustration, "Why are you always standing there, screaming at me?!"
The girl didn't respond and suddenly, a bullet sound was heard, as the girl screamed and collapsed. Nicholas himself was very surprised as he jumped up.
"Ahh!" he yelled.

Nicholas shot out of his bed, his eyes wide open, breathing hard. The morning sun was peeking out the window as he caught his breath. His wife just shifted on her bed, not aware of Nicholas' awakening.
"This is bad," Nicholas muttered to himself, "I need to find be a hypnotherapist now."
Nicholas got out of bed and dressed. He went to his son's room to find him peacefully sleeping. Nicholas smiled tiredly. At least he was getting some peace and nice rest. Nicholas went downstairs and made himself a cup of coffee as he searched for a hypnotherapist. After ten minutes, he found a hypnotherapist that was currently open. Sipping on his black coffee, he called the hypnotherapist.
"My name is Allen B. West, a hypnotherapist," a voice answered after the fifth ring, "How may I help you?"
"Hello, my name is Nicholas and I am having terrifying dreams about a girl being shot and I was wondering if you could help me," Nicholas replied, calmly.
"You are Nicholas?" the man sounded surprised, but regained his composure, "Of Course. Please come right away. You have my address right?"
"Yes sir, Mr. West," Nicholas replied, unaware of the surprised hypnotherapists voice, "I have it here on this book. I will be over shortly."
"I can't wait to meet you Nicholas," the hypnotherapist chuckled as he hung up the phone.
Nicholas sighed in relief as he finally finished his coffee and left a note for his wife, in case she awoke before he came back. Nicholas got dressed and put on his coat as he went to his car. Once inside, he started up the car and made his way to the hypnotherapist. After ten minutes, he saw a sign saying "Mr. Allen West's Hypnotherapy." Nicholas parked his car then made his way into the hypnotherapists office.
"Hello? Mr. West?" Nicholas asked as a man approached him.
"Ah, pleased to meet you Nicholas," the man greeted as he shook hand with Nicholas.
Mr. West was dressed handsomely, has his hair was combed down.
"Are you ready for your session Nicholas?" Mr. West asked as Nicholas nodded, "Good. Now please sit on this chair. I see you have a problem with a girl that is haunting your dreams. We shall see why she is haunting you. I will give you directions and you must follow them, understood?"
Nicholas nodded as he rested on the chair.
"Close your eyes and begin to relax. Take a deep breath, and let it out slowly. Concentrate on your breathing. With each breath you become more relaxed," Allen directed as Nicholas let out a deep breath and began breathing calmly, concentrating, "Imagine a brilliant white light above you, focusing on this light as it flows through your body. Allow yourself to drift off as you fall deeper and deeper into a more relaxed state of mind. Now as I count backward from ten to one, you will fill more peaceful, and calm. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. You will enter a safe place where nothing can harm you. Five. Four. Three. Two. If at any time you need to came back, all you must do is open your eyes. One."
At this, Nicholas became relax and he was lost in his own conscience.

Nicholas' POV

I was drifting off safely into the light that surrounded me. I was free of the fear and the pain. My self conscious mind started spinning through time, to rejoin the past once again. Nothing seems real. I`m starting to feel. Lost in the haze of a dream. And as I draw near. The scene becomes clear, like watching my life on a screen. At this moment, the girl appeared to me once again.
"You are the girl that has been haunting me," I told her.
"I'm sorry Nicholas," she finally spoke, surprising me, "I just had to get to you, but I couldn't speak. Come with me, let me show you everything you need to know. No questions."
She left, going into a portal that emanated a soft light. I smiled.
"Hello Victoria," I greeted, smiling, "So glad to see you, my friend."
Glad to be back.