Author Topic: 2016-02-18 & 19 - Palladium, London UK  (Read 120000 times)

Offline onnet5

Re: 2016-02-18 - Palladium, London UK
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »
Booked my tickets. Can anyone local recommend the best place to find the cheapest accommodation for 2 people nearby to the Palladium? Not experienced with London at all!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:06:24 PM by onnet5 »

Offline genome

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2015, 03:57:29 AM »

£7.15 "booking fee" by the way  :tdwn

Offline gspdt

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2015, 03:50:43 PM »
Just noticed that on the Ticketmaster.co.uk site, the map for selecting your seat for the show has no Row A.

I only noticed this as I have tickets for Row B, and now I'm thinking I'm the very front row if there is no Row A.

I wonder has Row A has been removed to allow room for an orchestra...?

I have tickets in row B but can't  find the seating plan that you mentioned that had row B as front row. Is there anyone out there who had tickets in row A??

Offline Billzo

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2015, 03:40:25 AM »
Screenshot from StubHub.

Guess that confirms that row A does exist..?

Offline gspdt

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2015, 04:12:58 AM »
Screenshot from StubHub.

Guess that confirms that row A does exist..?

Thanks Billzo, I thought that it would still exist but after reading a comment on here I started to wonder.

Offline Billzo

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »
Thanks Billzo, I thought that it would still exist but after reading a comment on here I started to wonder.

I did wonder myself. On ticketmaster the row is not visible. Very strange!

Incidentally, I've just listed my spare Stalls ticket in the DT-Bay thread. Check it out if you need a decent single ticket!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:50:43 AM by Billzo »

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2015, 05:08:23 AM »
Wonder when/if a second London show will be announced?   Tickets seem to down to the rear of the upper circle or the front row with a restricted view of that area.

Maybe they're not confident of selling out a second night?   All the other dates so far have a second night.

Offline gspdt

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2015, 05:29:27 AM »
Wonder when/if a second London show will be announced?   Tickets seem to down to the rear of the upper circle or the front row with a restricted view of that area.

Maybe they're not confident of selling out a second night?   All the other dates so far have a second night.

Two nights in Amsterdam and France so far. I would have thought that they would do a couple more nights in the UK but not London (Sheffield City Hall maybe one of them?). Though if they were to announce another night at the Palladium then I'd be there in a flash!

Offline gspdt

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2015, 05:31:25 AM »

Incidentally, I've just listed my spare Stalls ticket in the DT-Bay thread. Check it out if you need a decent single ticket!

Thanks but I already have tickets (Stalls Row B)! Sure that you'll be able to sell your spare no probs.

Offline gspdt

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2015, 05:37:47 AM »

I could never find that seating plan with Row A omitted??

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2015, 06:03:48 AM »

Two nights in Amsterdam and France so far. I would have thought that they would do a couple more nights in the UK but not London (Sheffield City Hall maybe one of them?). Though if they were to announce another night at the Palladium then I'd be there in a flash!

If they announce in London for the next night I'll be gutted as Symphony X are also in London that night.

Reading the press release again the impression is that the tour starts in London, it's not usual to add an extra date before the first one (in case of a poor/moderate sell) therefore it looks like they only realistically have the Friday and Saturday for more dates within the UK as a whole.   Bit tough on people outside the South East.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2015, 06:12:11 AM »
I'm on the mailing list for all the major ticket agencies and this show wasn't mentioned on any of them. I wonder how many DT fans would love to go to this show if only they knew it was happening? It's as if the UK promoters just don't care. DT have been playing to smaller and smaller audiences on recent UK visits - if the promoters don't start to advertise gigs, then they won't sell out, and the band will be booked into smaller and smaller venues until such a time as they skip the UK entirely.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2015, 06:23:19 AM »
I'm on the mailing list for all the major ticket agencies and this show wasn't mentioned on any of them. I wonder how many DT fans would love to go to this show if only they knew it was happening? It's as if the UK promoters just don't care. DT have been playing to smaller and smaller audiences on recent UK visits - if the promoters don't start to advertise gigs, then they won't sell out, and the band will be booked into smaller and smaller venues until such a time as they skip the UK entirely.
I received an email from Seetickets yesterday, though I'm fairly sure pretty much all the good tickets were already gone by that point.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Billzo

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2015, 06:26:22 AM »

Just go to ticketmaster.co.uk, type in dream theater, click find tickets for palladium show, then click use map, then click stalls. Check front row in the map.. click any seat.. will show row B.

Offline gspdt

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2015, 08:18:57 AM »

Just go to ticketmaster.co.uk, type in dream theater, click find tickets for palladium show, then click use map, then click stalls. Check front row in the map.. click any seat.. will show row B.

Row A must have been excluded as it was VIP Packages? Anyone out there with a Row A seat in the stalls?

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2015, 09:26:50 PM »
2nd show is added

Offline gspdt

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2015, 01:31:14 AM »
2nd show is added

Second night at Palladium?? I can't see that on their website?

Offline metrojam

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2015, 02:20:53 AM »
I'm a bit pee'd off that they have announced a second Palladium date today. I was working when the tickets for the only show they announced went on sale and by the time I got home, all the good seats were gone and there were only ones left near the back and at the sides left available. So desperately not wanting to miss this show I booked a crappy ticket on the premise that a "crappy ticket", (even that a very high price of 60+ quid!) is better than NO ticket!!...Now it seems like a whole new lot of MUCH better tickets (at the same price!) will be available to see them. I guess thats the way it goes but it does leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2015, 02:33:51 AM »
Same price? Pretty sure the better tickets are quite a bit more expensive.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2015, 02:42:57 AM »
I already got my tickets for London, but I hope they add a second UK show for all those who couldn't get tickets for the 18th  (and for some of us greedy gits who will go to both!) 

I agree it's a kind of crappy that there's only one UK show when there are 6 shows German!

On aside note, I'm flying from Dublin for this show and I was looking for a hotel for the night.  The prices I found were absolutely outrageous - £200 for one night!!
But I looked around a bit and managed to get the IBIS hotel right beside Wembley Park which is only 4 short tube stops away from the Palladium location at a cost of £46 for one night.

I actually stayed in there the last time DT played in Wembley and it's a very decent hotel for the price.  So anybody looking for a very reasonably priced hotel I recommend checking out the IBIS at Wembley Park

Offline metrojam

« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2015, 02:46:02 AM »
Same price? Pretty sure the better tickets are quite a bit more expensive.

NO, you are wrong. I didn't say that the BEST seats will be the same price but there will be BETTER ones much more central and closer than all I was able to get, that will be the SAME price as what i have paid.

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2015, 04:35:45 AM »
Note if you go straight to aloud.com you have the best choice of seats, much more than the DT link off their website which restricts to a few rows.

Ticketbastard also have a reasonable section but Aloud.com have the best - I just got Royal Circle Row A.

Now how to still see Symphony X...damnit....

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2015, 04:38:42 AM »
I already got my tickets for London, but I hope they add a second UK show for all those who couldn't get tickets for the 18th  (and for some of us greedy gits who will go to both!) 

I agree it's a kind of crappy that there's only one UK show when there are 6 shows German!

On aside note, I'm flying from Dublin for this show and I was looking for a hotel for the night.  The prices I found were absolutely outrageous - £200 for one night!!
But I looked around a bit and managed to get the IBIS hotel right beside Wembley Park which is only 4 short tube stops away from the Palladium location at a cost of £46 for one night.

I actually stayed in there the last time DT played in Wembley and it's a very decent hotel for the price.  So anybody looking for a very reasonably priced hotel I recommend checking out the IBIS at Wembley Park

Ibis are my choice anywhere in Europe for value, not luxury but clean and decent and good value.    Central London hotels are going to be silly money as you noted.

if you're staying a few days think about an Oyster card or you'll get stung for a full price day travelcard both days , 4 stops on should only be £1.50 on the card.

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2015, 05:32:46 AM »
Aloud.com have Row A tickets on sale - so there deffo is a row A!

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2015, 06:13:29 AM »
2nd London show 19th Feb - tickets on sale right now!

I see someone already posted this but I'm not sure the link was on the DT site earlier?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 06:18:36 AM by Lazlow Panaflex »

Offline Billzo

« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2015, 06:17:13 AM »
Ticketmaster again excluding row A.

So weird.

Tickets going so fast for the second show. I'm not sour about it at all because my Thursday night tickets are so good.

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2015, 06:24:58 AM »
Tickets going so fast for the second show. I'm not sour about it at all because my Thursday night tickets are so good.

I would've preferred the Friday night show but I am happy with my seats for Thursday.

Offline metrojam

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2015, 06:30:51 AM »
Ticketmaster again excluding row A.

So weird.

Thats fair enough then for you, but I can't help feeling that "WORKING" career long fans of the band like myself, who has seen them on every tour over here since 1993, have been screwed over by this and have ended up with having crap seats by showing their loyalty to the band by buying the rubbish choice of tickets that were left last Wednesday evening when we got home from work, rather than missing them completely :( I know thats what happens on occasions and will happen again, but it still is annoying!!

Offline Billzo

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2015, 06:35:53 AM »
So many things to consider as to why they had to play it like this.

I'm pretty sure that they didn't go out of their way to screw people over!

It's just one of those "You can't please everyone" kinda things.

Offline gspdt

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2015, 06:55:09 AM »
So many things to consider as to why they had to play it like this.

I'm pretty sure that they didn't go out of their way to screw people over!

It's just one of those "You can't please everyone" kinda things.

Lets all remember that it is likely to be the band's agency / people working behind the scene's rather than the band themselves. Can't quiet see JLB saying right boys lets get these tickets sold, JM why don'y you press the big green button!

I really do agree that loyality does not seem to be recognised now and I wish that we could have some sort of password to get to the best tickets first but I guess that is hard to manage. In buying tickets for the second night I certainly felt that there was less of a rush for tickets. Just hoping they sell both nights out with fans! I have great memories of watching DT doing back to back nights in London for 6DOIT and Octavarium tours so had to do the same again!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:45:50 AM by gspdt »

Online krands85

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2015, 07:18:39 AM »
Yeah it's not an ideal way to do things from a fans perspective - especially if they happen to add further shows elsewhere in the UK - but I suppose it's a pretty complicated thing to organise.

Anyway, I told myself I wouldn't do it, but I've just bought a ticket for the 2nd night  :facepalm: :biggrin: I managed to get row H and a seat right in the centre and what seems like a good deal at the Radisson Blu less than a mile from the theatre - breakfast included and the option to cancel right up until the day before if needed. Now I just have to organise transport. This album better be good  :lol
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2015, 07:56:35 AM »
All of which is why I prefer standing gigs. Wanna get to the front? Then get there early and queue...

(Of course the old days when you used to queue at the box office are over...)

Offline Billzo

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2015, 08:12:17 AM »
All of which is why I prefer standing gigs. Wanna get to the front? Then get there early and queue...

I do really miss the days of "An Evening With Dream Theater" at Hammersmith :)

Arriving at like mid-day.. waiting by the doors for 6 hours, chatting, meeting new people, crowd singing DT tunes... really added to the atmosphere and it felt extra special when they finally stepped out on stage :)

Ahh mere memories...

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2015, 08:38:58 AM »
Got my ticket for the 18th - Row G, Seat 39.

I'll be flying over from Belfast with the family and making a weekend of it. I just went for a Premier Inn - hopefully will do the job.

Very pleased that they've announced the Friday show too. Let's just hope the Thursday show won't feel a little rough as it will be the opening night of the tour.. I'm sure it won't be.

Now, let's be having the album in plenty of time for us to absorb it before the show!  :tup

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2015, 09:13:08 AM »
It's not the band that makes the announcements or decides which nights are announced and confirmed. Usually the promoter books the band for a night, and in the cases where two nighters may be a possibility they will option the second night. If they don't sell the first night quick enough they won't use the option for the second night. That's what has happened here - they didn't sell out quick enough to announce the second night. In Oslo they announced the second night 10 minutes after the release of tickets to the general public because it sold out so quickly. Turns out they also optioned for a third night in Oslo which they now are evaluating whether to use.