Author Topic: New Tour announced! And...  (Read 31344 times)

Offline efx

Re: New Tour announced! And...
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2015, 10:44:59 AM »
Anyway got myself tickets for the Stockholm show at Cirkus, can't wait!

Cool, see you there :)

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2015, 11:29:59 AM »
Swedishgoose: where did you get tix? I ended up in row 2 läktare left.

Two rows behind you...

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2015, 12:09:12 PM »

Yea man, gonna be awesome!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2015, 06:40:52 AM »
When the tour comes to the US it will be interesting if one: They play the same set or pick the best of the new material and play some older material that has not been played in a while and two:  They play small venues like they are in Europe or play larger venues.  Obviously they could play much larger places in Europe, but are playing these more intimate venues.

Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2015, 06:44:06 AM »
Milan has doubled! In Italy we get as well two consecutive shows, 19th March announced by the italian promoter on their website!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2015, 06:53:26 AM »

Have to say Cirkus is smaller than I thought so my seats dosen't seem so bad. If they get the sound right this have the potential to be the best sounding DT show i've been to given it's a small location and not an Arena.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Octavarious

• Scenes from a Mesmerism
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2015, 08:12:59 AM »
Milan has doubled! In Italy we get as well two consecutive shows, 19th March announced by the italian promoter on their website!
And also on dt offical website. If no news about a show in Rome,  gonna get a ticjet for that saturday night show in Milan, buy in advance discounted train ticket and... Probably sleep by my cousin! :tup
From Rome, with love.

Offline efx

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2015, 12:10:12 PM »

Have to say Cirkus is smaller than I thought so my seats dosen't seem so bad. If they get the sound right this have the potential to be the best sounding DT show i've been to given it's a small location and not an Arena

I have seen Opeth, Black Country Communion and Meshuggah there and the sound has been amazing for all bands. I love place as it's really beautiful and yet has great sound.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2015, 04:20:38 PM »
Will be my first concert at Cirkus.... soo looking forward to it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2015, 06:36:55 PM »

Have to say Cirkus is smaller than I thought so my seats dosen't seem so bad. If they get the sound right this have the potential to be the best sounding DT show i've been to given it's a small location and not an Arena

I have seen Opeth, Black Country Communion and Meshuggah there and the sound has been amazing for all bands. I love place as it's really beautiful and yet has great sound.
That's good to hear!  :tup

Online ErHaO

« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2015, 06:13:27 AM »

Have to say Cirkus is smaller than I thought so my seats dosen't seem so bad. If they get the sound right this have the potential to be the best sounding DT show i've been to given it's a small location and not an Arena.

Theaters usually have better acoustics than the more regular concert venues and are often built to have good sound for every seat. But that also has to do with the engineers and what they are trying to achieve, offcourse. In my experience, theater shows are usually less loud and more clear/balanced intrumentally.

I have only seen one (prog)metal show in the theaters, which was the Human Equation show of Ayreon. That one sounded fantastic. However, the try out of that show also showed to me that even in a regular venue the sound can be fantastic if they want to. This really made me wonder where the hell most prog/power/symphonic metal bands get their sound engineers, actually.

Still, I do expect superiour sound than the previous DT concerts I attended (which were not bad, but too loud and with some musical elements drowned in the mix). There is no way DT is going to do a theater tour and not adjusting their sound to cater to that.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »

Theaters usually have better acoustics than the more regular concert venues and are often built to have good sound for every seat. But that also has to do with the engineers and what they are trying to achieve, offcourse. In my experience, theater shows are usually less loud and more clear/balanced intrumentally.

Which, in my opinion, is precisely what DT needs.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2015, 08:17:43 AM »

Which, in my opinion, is precisely what DT needs.
Yea that's what i'm hoping for.

Offline Lucho

« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2015, 02:41:46 AM »
NEW DATE CONFIRMED: March 23, 2016 @ Kongresshaus, Zurich, SWITZERLAD

Offline Lucho

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2015, 05:03:36 AM »
7 dates in GERMANY confirmed:

Friday, 4/03      Kuppelsaal, Hannover
Monday, 7/03      Laeiszhalle, Hamburg
Wednesday, 9/03   Friedrichstadt-Palast, Berlin
Thursday, 10/03     RuhrCongress, Bochum   
Monday, 14/03      Meistersingerhalle, Nurnberg
Tuesday, 15/03      Alte Oper, Frankfurt
Wednesday, 16/03   Hegel-Saal, Stuttgart

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2015, 07:40:21 AM »
A possible third concert in Oslo - 26th of february: https://blog.billettservice.no/dream-theater-venteliste

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »
Bought tickets for the second Milan show... I've paid 50 euros to listen in full to an album I haven't heard yet. It'd better not suck ahhahaha  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online ErHaO

« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2015, 07:54:34 AM »
Bought tickets for the second Milan show... I've paid 50 euros to listen in full to an album I haven't heard yet. It'd better not suck ahhahaha  :lol

My dad gifted me 170 euro tickets, I sure hope I can tell him with a straight face that the music they will be playing is fantastic  :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:45 AM »

My dad gifted me 170 euro tickets, I sure hope I can tell him with a straight face that the music they will be playing is fantastic astonishing  :lol

FTFY

Offline Octavarious

« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2015, 04:33:30 PM »
C U there, mate... :metal
From Rome, with love.

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2015, 05:44:16 PM »
Hmm, where did all the german dates go?

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2015, 10:51:38 PM »
A possible third concert in Oslo - 26th of february: https://blog.billettservice.no/dream-theater-venteliste

Damn, 3 concerts in Norway, Finland has still none  ??? :(
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2015, 11:30:13 PM »

Damn, 3 concerts in Norway, Finland has still none  ??? :(

..and Sweden only has one

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2015, 05:24:36 AM »
The only reason sweden only has one as of yet is because you've not managed to sell the place out. Word from the band is that you shouldn't expect all territories that they usually reach on a european tour to be visited this time around, because they're focusing on theatres/symphony halls and multi night performances.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2015, 09:22:04 AM »
Tbh I didn't even expect a show in Finland, because I can't think of a suitable concert hall or theater in Helsinki where DT could play. Finlandia-talo and Musiikkitalo don't seem to be ideal places for a metal concert, and they've already played at the House of Culture before. Of course they could perform at Tampere-talo so I wouldn't have to travel, but that's never gonna happen. :P

Hopefully the album will suck so I won't regret missing the tour :neverusethis:

Offline wwetzels

« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2015, 10:42:53 AM »
Tickets for both nights in Amsterdam are in :-)

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2015, 02:07:48 PM »

Yeah, I honestly wonder about that too, because I was actually planning to buy tickets for the show in Bochum, but why are they gone?
Are they waiting for some kind of better reason to announce them? I just really hope it does not mean they`re cancelled.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2015, 02:55:11 PM »
Read on DT's Facebook that London is the only UK town they will visit this tour.
I know some were hoping for other towns but alas... get your tickets to London while they exist.

I would not want to miss this once in a lifetime chance for a very special DT concert...

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2015, 12:01:07 PM »
Tbh I didn't even expect a show in Finland, because I can't think of a suitable concert hall or theater in Helsinki where DT could play. Finlandia-talo and Musiikkitalo don't seem to be ideal places for a metal concert, and they've already played at the House of Culture before. Of course they could perform at Tampere-talo so I wouldn't have to travel, but that's never gonna happen. :P

Musiikkitalo could be so cool if they had perform there. It's 360 degree view to stage. But yeah, I thought the same. House of Culture isn't really nice place after all and the sound is quite muddy. Tampere-talo or Sibelius-talo in Lahti (which has the world's 2nd or 3rd best acustics) could be great but never gonna happen.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2015, 02:04:29 AM »

Musiikkitalo could be so cool if they had perform there. It's 360 degree view to stage. But yeah, I thought the same. House of Culture isn't really nice place after all and the sound is quite muddy. Tampere-talo or Sibelius-talo in Lahti (which has the world's 2nd or 3rd best acustics) could be great but never gonna happen.

I missed the last time they played a show in Finland, so i'm really hoping they stop here in the next tour. Especially if this new album turns out to be a concept double album!

Tampere-talo is possibly the best concert venue in Finland, but as you said, chances of that happening are very slim. But if they somehow would manage to book a show in Tampere-talo i'd pay pretty much anything to see them there. Plus Tampere-talo is about 1,5 KM from where i live, so that would be a added bonus!

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2015, 02:25:15 AM »
A third concert in Oslo has been confirmed. February 26th.

"Etterspørselen etter billetter til Dream Theater-konsertene i Oslo Konserthus vil ingen enda ta, og det er nå bekreftet at bandet vil holde enda en ekstrakonsert i Oslo Konserthus fredag 26. februar.
Billetter i salg: torsdag 19. november, kl 09:00.
Dream Theater-billettene til den eksklusive, intime konserten i Oslo Konserthus 28. februar ble revet vekk på rekordtid. Det samme mønsteret så vi ved billettslippet til den første ekstrakonserten. Billettene til konserten hvor fansen får fremført et on-of-a-kind-set, hvor bandet blant annet vil fremføre materialet fra deres kommende album i sin helhet, har gått som varmt hvetebrød.
På grunn av den enorme pågangen etter billetter til den høyst populære konsertserien, er det nå bekrefet at Dream Theater holder nok en ekstrakonsert fredag 26. februar i Oslo Konserhus."

Offline cgrage

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2015, 12:25:16 PM »
Hello There!
I'm not quite sure, but I think, they have to rearrange the Dates in Germany.
The Concert in Hamburg for example is impossible because there is a Concert with Nigel Kennedy on the particular Date in the Venue.

Offline Octavarious

« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2015, 08:58:26 AM »
They just added 8th of March in Copenhagen.
That's it for the moment...
From Rome, with love.

« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
german dates are on again...

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »
but now 6 not 7(where's Munich)