Author Topic: As if we need any more proof that the PC Police are running amok...  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: As if we need any more proof that the PC Police are running amok...
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2015, 11:32:52 AM »
I think the news is the new comedy. Instead of being pissed off at the state of our country and the world it's become so messed up that it's become comical.

Except that we can't tell the difference, thanks to Jon Stewart.

I can. Stewart makes me laugh. Nancy Grace makes me want to murder things.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2015, 11:41:25 AM »
I think the news is the new comedy. Instead of being pissed off at the state of our country and the world it's become so messed up that it's become comical.

Except that we can't tell the difference, thanks to Jon Stewart.

I can. Stewart makes me laugh. Nancy Grace makes me want to murder things.

I can too, but many can't.  It seems circa 2015 that as long as people are saying stuff you agree with, they must be right, and if they happen to gather a laugh at the same time...   it explains a lot why many millenials claim to get their news from Stewart, and why he is often cited as the most trustworthy of those delivering the news.

What they don't know is that he doesn't have the requirements that strict newscasters do, and he can bend the truth (or, let's say, exaggerate the truth) in order to get the laugh.   Brian Williams notwithstanding, Peter Jennings couldn't do that.

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 12:05:32 PM »
That's voters fault for getting new from a comedic show.  If you don't know it's for the lutz then it's on you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 12:29:23 PM »
That's voters fault for getting new from a comedic show.  If you don't know it's for the lutz then it's on you.

No argument whatsoever, except to the extent that their vote counts the same as mine.  it's the same concept as the "Pissed" thread; we can all do what we want, nominally, but sometimes what you want impacts me more than what I want impacts you, and that creates problems sometimes. 

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 12:33:27 PM »
We can only control our vote unfortunately.  People are selfish & uninformed when it comes to voting.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam