Author Topic: Scorpion  (Read 721 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Scorpion
« on: October 13, 2015, 05:35:52 AM »
I've become a huge fan of this show. I didn't watch last night's episode yet since I fell asleep but I have it DVR'd so I'll watch it as soon as I get home from work later. The lead character is based on a real person.

I stole this from Wikipedia:
"Walter O'Brien and his team of outcasts are recruited by federal agent Cabe Gallo of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to form Scorpion, said to be the last line of defense against complex, high-tech threats around the globe. The team includes O'Brien, one of the most intelligent people in the world with an IQ of 197, and his friends Sylvester Dodd, a "human calculator" dealing in statistics; Happy Quinn, a "mechanical prodigy"; and Toby Curtis, a "world-class shrink" (a Harvard-trained behaviorist). Paige Dineen is a former waitress whose intuitive interaction with people translates the real world to the team, and they, in exchange, translate her young mentally gifted son, Ralph, to her."

Anyone else a fan?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Scorpion
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 07:57:21 AM »
Fan from the first episode here!

We laugh at the relationships of the characters and their odd traits.  My oldest daughter went to the NC School of Science & Mathematics, and the characters remind her of people she knew from there.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 09:32:50 AM »
I love the interaction between the characters. I've learned quite a bit from watching the show. Some things are embellished for television but most of the things they talk about do vheck out.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 11:56:00 AM »
Fan from the first episode here!

We laugh at the relationships of the characters and their odd traits.  My oldest daughter went to the NC School of Science & Mathematics, and the characters remind her of people she knew from there.

Amen to their relationships.  I read a few of the smarter posters on this forum and can't help to see their personality traits in a few characters here.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 05:54:54 PM »
I like watching it but I take it even less seriously than most other shows. It's entertaining but if it happens to disappear I wouldn't really care.