Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 95535 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the last episode, but I couldn't help but feel that fear about TWD (no pun intended) with such an action heavy episode, I just feel like we'll get 2 or 3 cheap, boring and uneventful episodes to compensate for it. E2 did what TWD does really well, and I just fear that as a result of all the action, blood and gore, we'll get a really dry drama episode about some character we don't care about.

I really think that they are in such an interesting part of the story (drawing from the comic material) and there's (IMO) so much great material to draw from, that there really shouldn't be a 'boring' episode. I guess they could force one in there but it's pretty much one series of events stacked on another.

I can see a Rick/his GF episode where they hook up. The Morgan back story episode has the potential to lack action etc. and be more dramatic....but I think this season is going to be intense every episode.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2015, 12:00:06 AM »
Eh, second episode was alright, but for me it's been way too quick to go back to the usual situation of fighting between groups. Some interesting dynamics, but I really liked the first episode and was hoping that might go on a bit longer.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2015, 12:16:29 AM »
In my opinion, Andrea was more justified in her actions than Morgan is. While Andrea was indeed more annoying, she was trying to avoid a war between her friends and a guy she didn't yet know was a psycho, which is way more forgivable than willingly letting those who just slaughtered your people and tried to kill you run away.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2015, 12:27:37 AM »
True enough, but Morgan is more useful in every single imaginable way even as a 'monk'. Every. Fucking. Way.

Andrea might've been good at sucking dick. Maybe not even then considering how 'ole Gov'na treated her, and I'm pretty sure he'd use up every ounce of holes he could. He certainly did with her latter woman. Hell, Andrea was dumb enough to sit there in a chair and marvel at what she knew was coming, what she'd seen tens of times over...it's just...eh! I'm so glad she is gone. Obviously. I just wish she would've suffered more, that's all.  :sadpanda: :millahhhh :P

But yeah, here's hoping that Morgan wakes the fuck up. I mean, I definitely liked him more when he let his insanity take over, but he seems to be more skilled now, even if he puts lives in danger the way he is; his own life seems to be in an adamantium safe at this point in the show. At least in terms of just his own skills. But combine this Morgan with the insane version and...hoo boy. That is one unkillable, badass fucker of mothers right there.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2015, 07:24:26 AM »
Watched the episode last night and it was another great one.  Tons of action and really liking Morgan's character.  Wayyy too much focus on that gun to not have it come back and bite someone in the ass, not totally sure it will be Morgan, but someone in the group and Morgan will either physically or mentally deal with those consequences. 

I should also say that last night was the first episode where I sat back and said to myself "Carl is total badass now"  I used to hate him, found him annoying.  And that's not to say he wasnt baddass before, I just didnt like his character.  The way he used that gun and then offered to protect the kid was just really cool and made me turn the corner on my opinion of him.

Carol crying at the end was also a nice touch, made you feel like she just went merciless crazy on everyone and then was able to reflect on what had just happened, makes you remember they are human.

I have not been this excited for the show since I started watching season 1.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2015, 07:54:03 AM »
I sat back and said to myself "Carl is total badass now"  I used to hate him, found him annoying.  And that's not to say he wasnt baddass before, I just didnt like his character.  The way he used that gun and then offered to protect the kid was just really cool and made me turn the corner on my opinion of him.

For me really....ever since the episode where Carl went out and ate the pudding then realized he can't do it alone he's been a solid character. And the writers have treated him as such. I don't find him annoying any longer either. I don't think his character's going anywhere anytime soon anyway...so I'm glad they've beefed him up a bit as far as being a solid character and not as annoying. cough cough Beth cough cough......

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2015, 07:56:49 AM »
True, they were actually able to take an annoying character and make him likeable instead of just killing him off cough cough lori couch ouch

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2015, 09:22:39 AM »
-Enid's up to something. I don't think she's involved with the Wolves

What are the odds she's spying for the Savior's?? That's really the only other option....or she was/is a Wolf that was sent in to spy? Either way, she seemed a bit to comfortable knowing she was 'OK' when all the shots were being fired and people getting hacked up.

Doubt it. The Saviors/Negan are all about brute force rather than espionage. If Enid was a spy, she could tell by living there for just one day that the Alexandrians are pushovers and if the Saviors wanted to they could easily come in and take over Alexandria in a matter of minutes.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »
Watched the episode last night and it was another great one.  Tons of action and really liking Morgan's character.  Wayyy too much focus on that gun to not have it come back and bite someone in the ass, not totally sure it will be Morgan, but someone in the group and Morgan will either physically or mentally deal with those consequences. 

I should also say that last night was the first episode where I sat back and said to myself "Carl is total badass now"  I used to hate him, found him annoying.  And that's not to say he wasnt baddass before, I just didnt like his character.  The way he used that gun and then offered to protect the kid was just really cool and made me turn the corner on my opinion of him.

Carol crying at the end was also a nice touch, made you feel like she just went merciless crazy on everyone and then was able to reflect on what had just happened, makes you remember they are human.

I thought she was crying because she was responsible for that woman's death by asking her to smoke outside.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »

I thought she was crying because she was responsible for that woman's death by asking her to smoke outside.

Maybe? I forgot about that.  I took it as a reflection as to what she has become and what she just did.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »

Maybe? I forgot about that.  I took it as a reflection as to what she has become and what she just did.
Yeah to me it was a long-overdue reflection on the general loss of life, especially those that are innocent and naive.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2015, 11:27:45 AM »

I think it was a combination of the two. Part of her feels bad that asking the girl to smoke outside led to her death, but on the flip side, had she not done that, Carol would never have seen the wolves breaching Alexandria. Who knows what would have happened then. I think the world just hit her all at once. While she has killed non-walkers in the past, she's never had kill count that high. She's probably struggling to cope. She knows that she basically just saved Alexandria single handed, and she really wished she didn't have to.

I think this is going to weaken her and knock her back a peg or two.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:39:36 AM by Chino »

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2015, 12:08:15 PM »
I think it was a combination of the two. Part of her feels bad that asking the girl to smoke outside led to her death, but on the flip side, had she not done that, Carol would never have seen the wolves breaching Alexandria. Who knows what would have happened then. I think the world just hit her all at once. While she has killed non-walkers in the past, she's never had kill count that high. She's probably struggling to cope. She knows that she basically just saved Alexandria single handed, and she really wished she didn't have to.

I think this is going to weaken her and knock her back a peg or two.

Totally this. I think she was on a one way train of 'we have to be as hard line as possible' and was getting further and further out of touch.....probably due to her wanting to rationalize what she'd had to do with Lizzie, still coping with losing Sophia (and the others) plus being kicked out of the group. So she takes this 'tough as nails' stance and starts to justify it all then BAM.....when she's faced with having to back up the talk so to speak for the first time she does....but when the dust settles she's left in the wake of the emotion of what that means to have done what she did.

No doubt losing that lady in front of her eyes due to the fact of her telling that lady to smoke outside probably affected her....but most of all I think it all reigned her back in a bit. I don't think she'll cower into a ball and regret any of it, I just think she'll probably be a bit more sensitive to others state of minds than she had been.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »
Yea, exactly like everything kind of hit her in the calm after the storm, like "what have i become?" type of moment.  SHe really went total badass and just was slaughtering people left and right without even thinking, like it was natural at that point and she had been betraying a totally different persona to the people of alexandria the entire time.  When she stabbed the smoker in the back of the head the look on her face didnt even seem to be upset but more of like "I have to do this, again"

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2015, 12:45:55 PM »
She's very quietly and undercover like become the unsung hero. She rescued the group for the Termites and now nearly single handedly defended Alexandria to the point of driving out the Wolves. the arc of her character has to be the best on the show.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2015, 12:48:54 PM »
She's very quietly and undercover like become the unsung hero. She rescued the group for the Termites and now nearly single handedly defended Alexandria to the point of driving out the Wolves. the arc of her character has to be the best on the show.

Her actions in the prison (killing and burning the sick) prevented earlier mayhem as well.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2015, 12:49:18 PM »
the arc of her character has to be the best on the show.

She does have the most depth of any character and a continuing evolution.  Maybe Rick has an argument for this spot, but Carol has gone through just as much and evolved as well.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »
the arc of her character has to be the best on the show.

She does have the most depth of any character and a continuing evolution.  Maybe Rick has an argument for this spot, but Carol has gone through just as much and evolved as well.

Carol has gone from needing a hero to being biggest one of the bunch.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2015, 07:55:32 PM »
COMIC SPEAK

I just re-read a bit of the comics....specifically the Alexandria arc, and the introduction of Jesus and Negan. I hadn't realized until re-reading it just how much of the comic they've used nearly exactly concerning the entire Pete saga....Rick confronting him, then the whole accidental death and so on. Plus, the scene where Rick goes on about not taking Alexandria away from them and "Do you even know who you are talking to?"...totally forgot that was all in the comic.

Very interested to see how they introduce Jesus......and I'd be willing to bet Carl get's shot in the eye in the 90 minute 4th episode....that has to be the whole 'hoard' invasion of the town.

and holy cow....I forgot what a scene that was when Negan finally shows up and bashes Glenns head in. Geez....that is going to be something for sure (I still think it'll be Daryl in the show) After reading that again I totally forgot just how bad a$$ Negan really is and cannot wait for the whole 'Something to Fear' / "All out War' arcs. I think that could easily be season 7 then season 8. Which makes me think that there is still so much left to even get to Negan....If he does come in to play this season there's no way it's any earlier than the last episode....

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2015, 08:21:27 PM »
COMIC SPEAK

I just re-read a bit of the comics....specifically the Alexandria arc, and the introduction of Jesus and Negan. I hadn't realized until re-reading it just how much of the comic they've used nearly exactly concerning the entire Pete saga....Rick confronting him, then the whole accidental death and so on. Plus, the scene where Rick goes on about not taking Alexandria away from them and "Do you even know who you are talking to?"...totally forgot that was all in the comic.

Very interested to see how they introduce Jesus......and I'd be willing to bet Carl get's shot in the eye in the 90 minute 4th episode....that has to be the whole 'hoard' invasion of the town.

and holy cow....I forgot what a scene that was when Negan finally shows up and bashes Glenns head in. Geez....that is going to be something for sure (I still think it'll be Daryl in the show) After reading that again I totally forgot just how bad a$$ Negan really is and cannot wait for the whole 'Something to Fear' / "All out War' arcs. I think that could easily be season 7 then season 8. Which makes me think that there is still so much left to even get to Negan....If he does come in to play this season there's no way it's any earlier than the last episode....

90 minute 4th episode(Which is titled "Here's Not Here") is supposed to be mostly, if not 100% about Morgan.

I think they'll save Carl getting shot in the eye for the Mid-Season Finale along with several other big deaths(Morgan, Jessie, Ron, and probably some others). It would be hell of a cliffhanger for the first half of the season. Second half of the season introduces Jesus and the Hilltop(With Xander Berkeley most likely playing Gregory) and Negan is introduced in the final scene of the finale killing someone.

I think a great way to end the season is to have the survivors lined up in front of Negan as he does eenie meenie miney mo. The last shot is him pointing at someone offscreen, but we don't find out who until the S7 premiere.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2015, 09:56:04 PM »

I think a great way to end the season is to have the survivors lined up in front of Negan as he does eenie meenie miney mo. The last shot is him pointing at someone offscreen, but we don't find out who until the S7 premiere.

That would be AWESOME!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
Was there an explanation as to why none of the wolves had guns?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »

I rewatched the S5 finale and the Alpha Wolf at the beginning of the episode had a handgun, which Morgan took from him, but it had no bullets. And as soon as Alpha Wolf pointed the gun at Morgan, he gave Wolf #2 the signal to come out from the woods and attack Morgan. He never intended to shoot Morgan, just intimidate him. The guns they do have(Assuming they have more) are just for show. They seem to be more comfortable with hand to hand combat, so all the killing they do is with knives, axes, etc.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:15:20 PM by Metropolaris »

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2015, 08:07:11 PM »

I rewatched the S5 finale and the Alpha Wolf at the beginning of the episode had a handgun, which Morgan took from him, but it had no bullets. And as soon as Alpha Wolf pointed the gun at Morgan, he gave Wolf #2 the signal to come out from the woods and attack Morgan. He never intended to shoot Morgan, just intimidate him. The guns they do have(Assuming they have more) are just for show. They seem to be more comfortable with hand to hand combat, so all the killing they do is with knives, axes, etc.

I'd say...it looks less to me like they are a group who really cares to 'stock up' on supplies and 'plan' for the future......but rather, they truly are just a 'pack' of people who've devolved to animalistic instincts and cares. Overpowering, mauling...and destroying to satisfy the immediate need. Having to worry about finding ammo is just a pain so they just grab what they can, use it and then that's that.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2015, 08:48:14 AM »
Next episode looks like it will be full of walkers, so surely someone will probably die. We haven't had a main character death this season, only Carter and a bunch of Alexandria redshirts.
My money's on Nicholas. But if they really wanna shock us, I'd say kill someone bigger. Maybe Glenn?.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »
Next episode looks like it will be full of walkers, so surely someone will probably die. We haven't had a main character death this season, only Carter and a bunch of Alexandria redshirts.
My money's on Nicholas. But if they really wanna shock us, I'd say kill someone bigger. Maybe Glenn?.

The more I think about it, I don't think we are going to lose anyone from the original cast, at least not yet. If Glenn goes, I feel like Maggie has to too, but seeing as she's preggers, I don't see that happening. Unless Maggie gets killed and then Glenn kills himself, or maybe the other way around. I think we're going to see Glenn get shot by the wolf with the gun and then the medical student will be successful with surgery #2 now that she's had some practice.

I think someone from the core group is definitely going to go though. I get sad thinking about it, but I think Abraham's days might be numbered (maybe Rosita's too?). Michonne is a possibility as she's not really tied to anyone else. I've thought for a while that Tara could be next, but her and Eugene have a pretty cute thing going. Then again, so did Beth and Daryl.

The most likely is Gabriel. They let him redeem himself last episode, just in time to get shredded while trying to protect a core character.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2015, 09:07:37 AM »
The most likely is Gabriel. They let him redeem himself last episode, just in time to get shredded while trying to protect a core character.

That's usually how TV deaths work, character has a big positive moment or redemption and then they die.  End of the character arc for the story.  I wouldnt be surprised to see Gabriel apologize in front of everyone at church, him being accepted and forgiven, and then being killed in gruesome fashion.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2015, 09:13:53 AM »

That's usually how TV deaths work, character has a big positive moment or redemption and then they die.  End of the character arc for the story.  I wouldnt be surprised to see Gabriel apologize in front of everyone at church, him being accepted and forgiven, and then being killed in gruesome fashion.

Or he'll help people seek refuge in the church, close the doors, and then lock it from the outside. That'd make a lot of sense actually. He survived on his own in his church off of other peoples' donations. His followers were left to fend for themselves outside with several desperately trying to get in. He received horrible messages from those he let down. He carries this guilt. The church in Alexandria is not his, it's the people of Alexandria's. It would only be fitting for him to lock himself out this time so others can survive.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »
I think someone from the core group is definitely going to go though. I get sad thinking about it, but I think Abraham's days might be numbered (maybe Rosita's too?). Michonne is a possibility as she's not really tied to anyone else. I've thought for a while that Tara could be next, but her and Eugene have a pretty cute thing going. Then again, so did Beth and Daryl.

Tara has done nothing useful since she joined the group. I feel like they have to keeping her around for some reason but all she seems to do since arriving at Alexandria is just hang around with Eugene. I had a theory about her last season and I still think it may happen this season.
The actress that plays her, Alanna Masterson, became pregnant early on during the filming for this season. I wonder if that affect her being on the show.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2015, 09:15:13 AM »

Tara has done nothing useful since she joined the group. I feel like they have to keeping her around for some reason but all she seems to do since arriving at Alexandria is just hang around with Eugene. I had a theory about her last season and I still think it may happen this season.
The actress that plays her, Alanna Masterson, became pregnant early on during the filming for this season. I wonder if that affect her being on the show.

Interesting. Maybe she give Eugene a sympathy ride even though she's a lesbian.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2015, 09:39:15 AM »

Or he'll help people seek refuge in the church, close the doors, and then lock it from the outside. That'd make a lot of sense actually. He survived on his own in his church off of other peoples' donations. His followers were left to fend for themselves outside with several desperately trying to get in. He received horrible messages from those he let down. He carries this guilt. The church in Alexandria is not his, it's the people of Alexandria's. It would only be fitting for him to lock himself out this time so others can survive.

And they made it a point to stress that the Church is a huge space being wasted (Eugene's comment) so that huge space could be a nice sanctuary for the remaining residents to fall back to as the hoard invades Alexandria.

Gabriel sacrificing himself in that fashion would make sense. I also tend to think that Abraham is on his way out. IMO he's the most expendable of the main group that would 'hurt' losing. It wouldn't be as great of impact if Eugene, Rosita or Tara. They are 'too easy' to kill off and then it's just...oh well....like Noah. But if Abraham gets killed off it's more of a WTF moment.

I can't imagine they'd kill Michonne off but that'd be a big one.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2015, 07:24:39 AM »
I'm still waiting for them to address two things from the season 1 premiere that in my mind are super important things. One being the very first scene of the entire show. That little girl zombie we saw, she picked up her teddy bear. I mean, she purposefully stopped, bent down, and picked it up. Not to eat it, but just to hold it. The other thing being Morgan's wife zombie. She went for the door handle. She didn't just bash at the door, she reached out and turned the door knob. These things are a big deal, and I am still waiting for them to ever show something like that again. I mean, Rick saw both of those things happen, surely that would have left an impression.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2015, 07:47:31 AM »
Yeah the walkers have gotten dumber since season 1.  They also were climbing fences.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2015, 08:08:03 AM »
Forgot to show you guys this but my dad actually met Michael Cudlitz(Abraham) at the Richmond International Airport a couple months back. Michael was in town for "Wizard World"(The Richmond equivalent of Comic Con).
My dad tried to take a picture on his phone, but it didn't work. So Michael offered to take on on his phone and text it too my dad later.
So now my dad has Michael Cudlitz's phone number.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2015, 08:41:42 AM »
I'm still waiting for them to address two things from the season 1 premiere that in my mind are super important things. One being the very first scene of the entire show. That little girl zombie we saw, she picked up her teddy bear. I mean, she purposefully stopped, bent down, and picked it up. Not to eat it, but just to hold it. The other thing being Morgan's wife zombie. She went for the door handle. She didn't just bash at the door, she reached out and turned the door knob. These things are a big deal, and I am still waiting for them to ever show something like that again. I mean, Rick saw both of those things happen, surely that would have left an impression.

Yeah the walkers have gotten dumber since season 1.  They also were climbing fences.

I'd think it has something to do with those Walkers being 'fresh'....and now that there's a couple year decay of the brain there's not much left?

https://uproxx.com/tv/2015/03/the-threat-on-the-walking-dead-should-be-ending-soon-according-to-science/