Author Topic: Equipment/software question  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
Equipment/software question
« on: October 05, 2015, 06:12:38 PM »
Hey, everyone. I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help with. I used to write songs on keyboard in the late 1990s. Most were bad, but i think a handful were good. Anyway, I pulled out the old keyboard this weekend and all of the old songs are still saved in the keyboard's memory. I'd like to transfer the music of one song I really like to the computer and send it to a friend in another state so he can sing over it. What is the best software or online program to use for a situation like that?  For example, when musicians say they send files back and forth to each other, what format or program are they using? I know this is a silly question, but like I said I haven't touched my equipment in 15 years and technogy has changed a lot. Thanks so much!
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline keysmania

Re: Equipment/software question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 09:24:20 AM »
Generally speaking, i feel you best bet would be exporting it to a memory card (if your keyboard allows for that kind of thing) or a USB transfer? you could just redo the song with newwer keyboards/software.... or try getting a midi out into the pc?