Author Topic: Size of mailboxes  (Read 742 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Inventory!
    • Overhaul
Size of mailboxes
« on: October 01, 2015, 12:52:29 PM »
Is there a reason why I can only keep 50 messages in my PM inbox, yet my 'Sent Messages' box size is seamingly endless? I would actually prefer this the other way round, as I regularly have to clean up space in my Inbox for new messages.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Size of mailboxes
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 05:11:12 PM »
Is there a reason why I can only keep 50 messages in my PM inbox, yet my 'Sent Messages' box size is seamingly endless? I would actually prefer this the other way round, as I regularly have to clean up space in my Inbox for new messages.
This actually came up a few years ago when it was discovered that different people had different in-box sizes ranging from 25-250 (and I think the mods' are infinite). The people who would actually know never explained it. The only thing we figured out is that member groups have something to do with. I specifically requested whatever group got me all those pretty little stars to get mine up (from 25 to 50). However, it would seem that there's no difference between 1 star and 4 if you have 50, as well. It wouldn't surprise me if donors got a buff on that, as well. I normally keep tabs on mine so it's not a problem, but I'm one of those weirdos that likes to keep correspondence.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 05:58:31 PM »
Same .......I requested a change of user group (along with a few others) ages ago but nothing .  I'm stuck with my 25 which makes it impossible to keep stuff unless you copy/paste somewhere else or copy/paste/send to yourself and delete - it'll be in your infinite Sent folder  :lol   Weird.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

Offline Bolsters

• I was a Butterfly Raiser
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:48:32 PM »
I remember that conversation, and if I recall correctly - people not in a usergroup have a limit of 25, anyone in a usergroup that is not alumni or mod/admin has 50, and the Alumni can store 150. Mods and admins I've no idea because there's actually a few different groups for them, but all of them likely have no such limitations.

Found it: http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=41830.msg1830372#msg1830372

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 04:45:04 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 07:40:25 PM »
I have no idea.  But my inbox lets me store 50 messages, and I wasn't aware of being in any user groups. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 01:47:06 AM »
My box has infinite capacity.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon