Author Topic: Wait for sleep as a school ring  (Read 1557 times)

Offline amagr

Wait for sleep as a school ring
« on: September 30, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »
At one of my friend high school they have Wait for Sleep as school ring. Would you like that as a DT fans or would you begin to hate it?

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Wait for sleep as a school ring
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »
Ring as in the bell between classes? Yeah, that'd be fairly annoying after the first day.

I initially thought you mean the "ring" on your finger, and was thoroughly confused about how that'd become hateful.  :rollin

Offline pcs90

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 05:06:26 PM »
If they actually do that, I think that's pretty awesome, but I don't know if I'd like it after a while. My high school just had a basic beep, like what they use to censor stuff on TV. It was incredibly unoriginal but it was also easy to reproduce the sound and end class early so it had its upsides I suppose.

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 06:56:14 PM »
Well if it makes kids interested in DT then sweet as.  :tup If it makes the kids start to hate Dream Theater then that's a bugger.  :lol

Offline npiazza91

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 09:47:34 PM »
They have Wait for Sleep by Dream Theater as the "bell" in between classes?  Lol WHAT???  That is so f-ing random I don't even know what to say.

What school is that?  I want to send my kids there.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 09:55:28 PM »
If they actually do that, I think that's pretty awesome, but I don't know if I'd like it after a while. My high school just had a basic beep, like what they use to censor stuff on TV. It was incredibly unoriginal but it was also easy to reproduce the sound and end class early so it had its upsides I suppose.

Ours was the same. It just beeped 8 times. I could mimick it so well that people would always get me to do it so we'd get out of class early. Worked every time. :lol
Then again, having Wait For Sleep as your bell would be very easy to replicate with an MP3 player and a speaker. What a random choice for a school. I wonder who got to decide on that?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline amagr

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 02:13:19 AM »
My friend told me that the student who was president of student community was big DT fan, so he chose it :D

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 10:33:02 PM »
I would've gone with the Erotomania opening myself  ;D
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 07:24:53 AM »
And as much as I love DT, I'm estimating that - besides the kid who selected the song - there are 2.6 students in that entire school who will recognize that sequence.  There may be one or two more on the faculty.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 07:27:07 AM »
And as much as I love DT, I'm estimating that - besides the kid who selected the song - there are 2.6 students in that entire school who will recognize that sequence.  There may be one or two more on the faculty.

And there goes any chance of any of those kids ever listening to or enjoying it in future. Even if they do by chance become DT fans at some point, they'll only ever associate the song with the school bell they were forced to hear hundreds of times over. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 05:04:19 PM »
It would be best if it only rung once a day, at the very end. In which case Wait For Sleep would psychologically be associated with end of school and freedom for the rest of the day, and as such, they won't get sick of it because it will trigger in them a sense of relief and liberty.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 10:39:22 AM »
^^^ Hmmm,  that would have been a great move.  I'm sure most kids are thinking, "when the heck is that song going to play?  I want to go home!" if it is implemented like that.  Would put the song in a better light.