Author Topic: Detective Pikachu movie  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Detective Pikachu movie
« on: November 15, 2018, 01:13:34 PM »
I don't know if this was posted but a Pokemon Movie? Sounds good, not sure that it will be. I will probably still watch it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Detective Pikachu movie
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 01:58:57 PM »
I know nothing of Pokemon other than being annoyed at how popular it was in my younger years. This looked pretty fun to me. Which means I assume pokemon fans will hate it.

I was a little disappointed, however, that Ryan Reynolds is just playing himself in this. I don't get when celebs just play themselves in voice over work. I loved Bradley Cooper as Rocket, cause it's a completely different voice and character for him. I wish more celebs would do that. I hear Pikachu or whatever in this movie and I just hear Deadpool. And I love Deadpool, but I don't need all his other characters to be that.

Act god dammit!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »
Pokemon rules. I'm picking up the new game tomorrow. This movie I'm not sure is my kind of thing but I've been following it forever and I'm glad to see it finally coming out. It looks all right, for what it is, after all, but I haven't been into any Pokemon movies since the first 3. I'll probably catch this after its theatrical run is over.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
I know nothing of Pokemon other than being annoyed at how popular it was in my younger years. This looked pretty fun to me. Which means I assume pokemon fans will hate it.

Pokemon fan here, just gonna say that this looks better than most of the past like...10 movies they've put out.

Admittedly, I was skeptical at first. I was like "Wait, they're making a live-action Pokemon movie? Based on a spin-off game? That they just released?" but then I saw the trailer and now I am 100% on-board. This is up there with Fantastic Beasts 2, HtTYD3, and the Marvel movies as one of the upcoming movies I'm most excited for!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 05:54:10 PM »
The Mr. Mime in the trailer made me laugh, and that Charizard looks awesome. It could spell good things for Pokemon films in the future if it does well!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jammindude

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »
Anyone getting just a tad of a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" vibe from the trailer?    Not in a bad way.   Roger Rabbit could never be redone...so you could only pay it homage. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 09:13:38 PM »
Anyone getting just a tad of a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" vibe from the trailer?    Not in a bad way.   Roger Rabbit could never be redone...so you could only pay it homage. 

This movie could only be so lucky :hefdaddy
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 10:30:12 AM »
The Mr. Mime in the trailer made me laugh, and that Charizard looks awesome. It could spell good things for Pokemon films in the future if it does well!

Me too...If Jigglypuff sings. I hope they keep that song from the Anime.

I was a little disappointed, however, that Ryan Reynolds is just playing himself in this. I don't get when celebs just play themselves in voice over work. I loved Bradley Cooper as Rocket, cause it's a completely different voice and character for him. I wish more celebs would do that. I hear Pikachu or whatever in this movie and I just hear Deadpool. And I love Deadpool, but I don't need all his other characters to be that.

Act god dammit!

I wish they would have gotten Danny Devito.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 10:51:42 AM »
Oh man, Devito would have been great.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 11:10:25 AM »
Oh man, Devito would have been great.

Yup he would've. But Ryan Reynolds brings the chicks and Pikachu is meant to be cute.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 11:46:39 AM »
I've never found myself at all interested in Pokemon, but this looks like an absolute blast.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 09:31:24 PM »
I hear Pikachu or whatever in this movie and I just hear Deadpool.

Just for you Adami...