Author Topic: Riddle me this (about Amazon.com music purchasing)  (Read 987 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Riddle me this (about Amazon.com music purchasing)
« on: August 24, 2018, 02:28:31 PM »
Ok, so I think I know the answer, so this is a partial rant, partial question. BUT WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS FUCKING HOLY DOES AMAZON NOT HAVE AUTORIP ON EVERY DAMN CD YOU BUY?!

I say this, because I bought Alice in Chains' new record, and mistakenly shipped it to my house, instead of my office. So I go on, and click on My Library on Amazon...and unlike a few previous albums...the AiC record is not there available for me to listen to. Why is this? Is it a band decision whether they allow it or not (I am guessing yes)?

This pisses me off. And maybe belongs in the "things that piss me off thread" or something.

But why not just make it all available digitally for those that already bought the damn record on a physical format?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Riddle me this (about Amazon.com music purchasing)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 02:35:19 PM »

That's a good question, Sam. The new Redemption was the same thing. I wanted the CD Proper, and had to wait for the music. I wonder if it's a label thing. You'd think auto rip would be widely available. Heck, even some deep catalogue albums come with it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 02:37:30 PM »

That's a good question, Sam. The new Redemption was the same thing. I wanted the CD Proper, and had to wait for the music. I wonder if it's a label thing. You'd think auto rip would be widely available. Heck, even some deep catalogue albums come with it.

Exactly! Ugh. I mean, I gotta wait a few more hours. It's no big deal. BUT...I don't think I should have to. Us old fogies see all this new fangled technology, we should be able to use it, damnit
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 02:39:39 PM »
I wonder if Nick (Redemption) could speak to it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 02:43:40 AM »
I ordered Rainier Fog through the german amazon website and had the autorip option. Seems like it's not a band decision, but maybe a regional thing?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 09:22:08 AM »
I ordered Rainier Fog through the german amazon website and had the autorip option. Seems like it's not a band decision, but maybe a regional thing?

Perhaps, yeah. I mean, it only delayed me by a five or six hours, but it annoyed me Friday.

www.roadstomadness.com

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 12:39:41 AM »
Oh, I can totally relate to that, and I find things like that even more annoying when there's no (obvious) reason.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D