Author Topic: Falcon and Winter Soldier Official Thread - How they gonna use that power?  (Read 13332 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
One other (fairly minor) nit I have is that all the flagsmashers became elite level combat fighters?  Is that supposed to be something that comes with the super serum?  Like c'mon... these radicals all of a sudden can go toe-to-toe with Walker and Bucky?  I had trouble swallowing that.  I get that agains Sam and Battlestar they can just over power them with brute strength.  But 1:1 with other super soldiers??
I sort of agree but I think this is a broader "suspension of disbelief" feature in the MCU and indeed superhero type shows/movies in general. The Flag-Smashers didn't particularly stand out to me in that regard.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
One other (fairly minor) nit I have is that all the flagsmashers became elite level combat fighters?  Is that supposed to be something that comes with the super serum?  Like c'mon... these radicals all of a sudden can go toe-to-toe with Walker and Bucky?  I had trouble swallowing that.  I get that agains Sam and Battlestar they can just over power them with brute strength.  But 1:1 with other super soldiers??
I sort of agree but I think this is a broader "suspension of disbelief" feature in the MCU and indeed superhero type shows/movies in general. The Flag-Smashers didn't particularly stand out to me in that regard.

That's a common trope, ariich says.  The old days of the Batman TV show where the thugs were fat goons that fall over with a swift kick are kind of done.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

That's a common trope, ariich says.  The old days of the Batman TV show where the thugs were fat goons that fall over with a swift kick are kind of done.
I should add that it also happens plenty with heroes too. As much as I thoroughly enjoy them, the DC Arrowverse shows on the CW do that all the time.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Yeah, heroes and villains alike get overpowered/underpowered at any given moment to serve whatever the story arc is.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
I feel like this might be the first MCU related thing I won't be able to finish. Got 2 episodes left but just very little interest or motivation to get through it. First few episodes were okay but I could see the John Walker arc coming a mile away and I feel more interested in how this will impact future movies/shows (which I can get just by reading a wiki summary) than actually seeing the season wrapping up.

I wouldn't say it's a bad show or anything, it just feels very by the numbers unfortunately.

Offline kaos2900

It gets better and I don't think it's by the numbers at all. There's a reason why it's only 6 episodes. The fact that they didn't draw it out was smart.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I feel like this might be the first MCU related thing I won't be able to finish. Got 2 episodes left but just very little interest or motivation to get through it. First few episodes were okay but I could see the John Walker arc coming a mile away and I feel more interested in how this will impact future movies/shows (which I can get just by reading a wiki summary) than actually seeing the season wrapping up.

I wouldn't say it's a bad show or anything, it just feels very by the numbers unfortunately.

That's a shame. I can't say I see what you're seeing. I don't think they expected John Walker's turn to be a surprise. It was telegraphed pretty strong from the get go. They introduced him as someone to feel suspicious of at the very least.

But maybe it's just not your thing. That's cool.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room

That's a shame. I can't say I see what you're seeing. I don't think they expected John Walker's turn to be a surprise. It was telegraphed pretty strong from the get go. They introduced him as someone to feel suspicious of at the very least.

I feel like while the characters are fun, the plot just isn't that interesting. I guess if you use Wandavision for contrast, the central mystery in that show kept it engaging for me at least. I guess the plot in this just doesn't feel very interesting. :/

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity

I feel like while the characters are fun, the plot just isn't that interesting. I guess if you use Wandavision for contrast, the central mystery in that show kept it engaging for me at least. I guess the plot in this just doesn't feel very interesting. :/

Marvel fully admitted that the shows would be different and that Falcon & The Winter Soldier would be more action-oriented and more typical "Marvel." 

I loved the show.