Author Topic: Is ytsejamrecords.com dead?  (Read 8058 times)

Offline FLEEBS

Is ytsejamrecords.com dead?
« on: September 16, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »
I can't seem to find any information on this, and I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, or if I'm posting in the wrong spot. However, I am worried that the $300+ I put into ytsejamrecords.com at the beginning of August has been lost to the ether. I wanted to complete out my official bootleg collection, and since I could still access the website and the albums I wanted were shown to be available, I went ahead and made an order. It says it could take 4-6 weeks to ship, but this is the 6th week, and my order still shows "Processed." I sent an email to ytsejamrecords, but I haven't received a response, so I thought I'd check with others who might have more experience. I should say I have ordered from the website before, but that was back in 2009. I don't remember orders taking as long as this one, so I started to get a little worried. I would think that the home page would say something to the effect that the website is closed, but it doesn't. However, it also only has Portnoy's last message on the homepage. Lastly, the bottom of the page says 2003-2013.

So, does anyone know if the website is dead? Has anyone ordered anything for the site recently? Should I just continue to be patient? I sure hope so, because otherwise I don't know how I'll be able to recover my money. I'd really appreciate anyone responding with any info. Thanks.
Eat your beets. RECYCLE!!!

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
Re: Is ytsejamrecords.com dead?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »
It's still working; I got Bucharest and WDADR from the site a few months ago. It did take quite a while to arrive for me too(In fact, I forgot they were coming until they arrived; a nice surprise to say the least).
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »
Excellent. Thank you, sir!

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:57:04 AM »
I got a copy of WDADRU a few days ago. Part of me wonders if MP still manages the company and just sighs with contempt every time he sees someone has ordered one.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 08:04:49 AM »
I got a copy of WDADRU a few days ago. Part of me wonders if MP still manages the company and just sighs with contempt every time he sees someone has ordered one.  :lol

How long from Order date to Received?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 08:15:47 AM »

How long from Order date to Received?
A long time (10 wks)
I'm in the UK though, so longer times are understandable.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 08:20:03 PM »
I can't seem to find any information on this, and I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, or if I'm posting in the wrong spot. However, I am worried that the $300+ I put into ytsejamrecords.com at the beginning of August has been lost to the ether. I wanted to complete out my official bootleg collection, and since I could still access the website and the albums I wanted were shown to be available, I went ahead and made an order. It says it could take 4-6 weeks to ship, but this is the 6th week, and my order still shows "Processed." I sent an email to ytsejamrecords, but I haven't received a response, so I thought I'd check with others who might have more experience. I should say I have ordered from the website before, but that was back in 2009. I don't remember orders taking as long as this one, so I started to get a little worried. I would think that the home page would say something to the effect that the website is closed, but it doesn't. However, it also only has Portnoy's last message on the homepage. Lastly, the bottom of the page says 2003-2013.

So, does anyone know if the website is dead? Has anyone ordered anything for the site recently? Should I just continue to be patient? I sure hope so, because otherwise I don't know how I'll be able to recover my money. I'd really appreciate anyone responding with any info. Thanks.

I' d like to order some titles soon so I'd like to know if you received your order finally?

Tx

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 10:25:46 PM »
I did. The site is still up and running. I got an email from the person who's running it, I think it was Courtney, who apologized and got my order out. It's just a bit slow right now.

Oh, and I think it took 8 weeks to get my order.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:11:33 PM by FLEEBS »

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 08:15:37 PM »
Thank you!!  So two months for your order to arrive.  Well I'll be patient if I DO make an order :)

Tx

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz
  • Patch designer with Space4Keys.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 12:52:28 PM »
I hope the site is not dead.... I got all my bootlegs from there. I only need 1 more.... SO PLEASE DON'T SHUT DOWN :'(
Solo Album in the making.....

Offline kipkjustm

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »
Do items ever come back in stock? I've been wanting to get the FII demos but it's always out of stock.

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 07:59:53 PM »
Do items ever come back in stock? I've been wanting to get the FII demos but it's always out of stock.

kipkjustm, I have seen some items come back in stock, but I don't know the circumstances as to why they do. I was able to get some items that were previously out of stock, and now I am only missing one of the Official Bootlegs. I keep patiently checking to see if it becomes available.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »
Is there an option to receive an email when the merchandise is back in stock? That would be a good idea if it isn't already inculcated.

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 09:11:50 AM »
I actually E-Mailed YtseJam Records specifically about the FII demos, and the response was along the lines of "Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that will ever be restocked."
My guess is that their old label wants money if DT do any reprints. This should only affect the I&W, Awake, and FII demos, though.
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »
I actually E-Mailed YtseJam Records specifically about the FII demos, and the response was along the lines of "Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that will ever be restocked."
My guess is that their old label wants money if DT do any reprints. This should only affect the I&W, Awake, and FII demos, though.

I'm fairly certain none of the labels DT has ever used have anything at all to do with the Official Bootlegs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:03:27 PM by FLEEBS »

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 09:07:30 PM »
Is there an option to receive an email when the merchandise is back in stock? That would be a good idea if it isn't already inculcated.

That would be a great idea.

Offline kipkjustm

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 06:45:42 AM »
Very disappointing that they wouldn't restock that or possibly other items

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2016, 12:42:29 PM »
I'm fairly certain none of the labels DT has ever used have anything at all to do with the Official Bootlegs.

Actually...
Q: Are these titles limited edition?
A: They will be somewhat limited as that was part of our deal with Elektra in order to finally do this, but there will be enough to go around for quite a while before they are sold-out...
Source: https://ytsejamrecords.com/faq/showquestion.asp?faq=1&fldAuto=21

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2016, 08:06:10 AM »

Actually...
Q: Are these titles limited edition?
A: They will be somewhat limited as that was part of our deal with Elektra in order to finally do this, but there will be enough to go around for quite a while before they are sold-out...
Source: https://ytsejamrecords.com/faq/showquestion.asp?faq=1&fldAuto=21

Touché. Thanks for the info.

Offline TheFrozenInferno

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 01:04:19 PM »
Old thread but about an even older order lol.

Back in 2014 I ordered the Limelight show and the Bucherest DVD but the order never arrived. I was spooked right from the get-go because my Canadian province (Nova Scotia) was the only province missing from the drop down menu on the form (of course) but I put a detailed note in the order when I made it and I'm pretty sure I emailed the customer service but never got an answer. I logged back in to my account on there and supposedly the order was shipped over a month after I placed it but it never showed.

Assuming I'm pretty much screwed five years later lol. I waited so long I forgot I even made the order until now.

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »
I've been wondering when DT will release some new titles.  Obviously these would be titles from after Portnoys departure.  Would be great to get some old releases as well, but doubt that will ever happen.

bestregards !

Offline TheFrozenInferno

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 04:57:28 PM »
I've been wondering when DT will release some new titles.  Obviously these would be titles from after Portnoys departure.  Would be great to get some old releases as well, but doubt that will ever happen.

bestregards !

I doubt anything new ever happens. DT didn't really have anything to do with Ytsejam, Portnoy basically ran that on the side using material from his own archives. I'm not sure the other guys even had any input at all. And if I'm not mistaken the people who processed and shipped the orders were friends of MP and pretty much ran the site out of their home.

MP was the obsessive historian of DT and I'm not sure JP has the time or interest to reboot the Official Bootlegs.

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 07:51:30 AM »
yeah that was my thinking but dt did say they planned on release future releases just from the mangini era.  So here's hoping!!

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »
Keep hoping, but I won't. Unfortunately, it seems that a snowball has a better chance in hell than we do in getting new YJR releases, despite what the band initially claimed when MP left.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Sixth

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 04:44:35 PM »
Seems like it's not functioning. I ordered a bunch of items for about $120 three and a half months ago and haven't received anything yet. I sent an email asking for any update and got a rebounce email saying that's not a valid email. Great. We don't ship anything to you but most definitely will still take your money ...

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2019, 09:30:16 AM »
I think I posted in another thread about Ytsejam Records last fall that it took 10 weeks to get what I ordered. I received it. It just took a long time. Do a search on the forum for Ytsejam, and it'll come up. At least as of last fall, it was active and people could get what they ordered.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »
I got a YtseJam order that arrived back in December. I forget when the order originally was, but they do still operate the site and carry out orders.

But it's all just selling off old stock; I don't think they've brought any new stock in since MP left. Though the Majesty Demos went back in-stock briefly at one point a couple of years ago, which I'm at a loss to understand.
From this oddity, and various other things, I can only conclude that since the site is somewhat neglected, there are various IT errors that just aren't being resolved, because no one's seen it as worth it.

Offline sylentman

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »
Hello all.
In June this year was still working. Ordered some items and they shipped around a month later. Do believe there could be some lack of site maintenance as Robo suggests, for example one of the items was placed as out of stock after my order shipped, and did not get it (got other random cd instead). Believes site also clarifies it takes around 4-6 weeks for orders to be processed.
Hope this helps :).

Offline csantana

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2020, 03:27:33 AM »
I made a purchase the other day (3 months ago)... It takes your payment and everything but I am still waiting for my CD... you email them ans grt no reply. 3 months!
I call this a theft!

Offline sylentman

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2020, 08:43:24 PM »
I made a purchase the other day (3 months ago)... It takes your payment and everything but I am still waiting for my CD... you email them ans grt no reply. 3 months!
I call this a theft!

Be patient. After the order i mentioned back in June 2019, i made other in mid July 2019, and think it was only shipped 2nd half of November. I thought i had just been lucky in the 1st one and was going to be ripped off in the 2nd one, but months later it was shipped.
Of course, we never know, also after COVID, so wish you luck my friend and hope you get the good surprise soon :). Let us know if you do get them!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2020, 09:15:13 PM »
I Ordered Live in La, Old Bridge, and LTE live in NY cd in the beginning of June. They arrived last week. So, it may depend on where you are located.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD