Author Topic: Is ytsejamrecords.com dead?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline FLEEBS

Is ytsejamrecords.com dead?
« on: September 16, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »
I can't seem to find any information on this, and I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, or if I'm posting in the wrong spot. However, I am worried that the $300+ I put into ytsejamrecords.com at the beginning of August has been lost to the ether. I wanted to complete out my official bootleg collection, and since I could still access the website and the albums I wanted were shown to be available, I went ahead and made an order. It says it could take 4-6 weeks to ship, but this is the 6th week, and my order still shows "Processed." I sent an email to ytsejamrecords, but I haven't received a response, so I thought I'd check with others who might have more experience. I should say I have ordered from the website before, but that was back in 2009. I don't remember orders taking as long as this one, so I started to get a little worried. I would think that the home page would say something to the effect that the website is closed, but it doesn't. However, it also only has Portnoy's last message on the homepage. Lastly, the bottom of the page says 2003-2013.

So, does anyone know if the website is dead? Has anyone ordered anything for the site recently? Should I just continue to be patient? I sure hope so, because otherwise I don't know how I'll be able to recover my money. I'd really appreciate anyone responding with any info. Thanks.
Eat your beets. RECYCLE!!!

Offline Robo4900

• Bacon Connoisseur
Re: Is ytsejamrecords.com dead?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »
It's still working; I got Bucharest and WDADR from the site a few months ago. It did take quite a while to arrive for me too(In fact, I forgot they were coming until they arrived; a nice surprise to say the least).
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »
Excellent. Thank you, sir!

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Close to the edge, just by a river
    • My Music
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:57:04 AM »
I got a copy of WDADRU a few days ago. Part of me wonders if MP still manages the company and just sighs with contempt every time he sees someone has ordered one.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 08:04:49 AM »
I got a copy of WDADRU a few days ago. Part of me wonders if MP still manages the company and just sighs with contempt every time he sees someone has ordered one.  :lol

How long from Order date to Received?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Close to the edge, just by a river
    • My Music
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 08:15:47 AM »

How long from Order date to Received?
A long time (10 wks)
I'm in the UK though, so longer times are understandable.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 08:20:03 PM »
I can't seem to find any information on this, and I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, or if I'm posting in the wrong spot. However, I am worried that the $300+ I put into ytsejamrecords.com at the beginning of August has been lost to the ether. I wanted to complete out my official bootleg collection, and since I could still access the website and the albums I wanted were shown to be available, I went ahead and made an order. It says it could take 4-6 weeks to ship, but this is the 6th week, and my order still shows "Processed." I sent an email to ytsejamrecords, but I haven't received a response, so I thought I'd check with others who might have more experience. I should say I have ordered from the website before, but that was back in 2009. I don't remember orders taking as long as this one, so I started to get a little worried. I would think that the home page would say something to the effect that the website is closed, but it doesn't. However, it also only has Portnoy's last message on the homepage. Lastly, the bottom of the page says 2003-2013.

So, does anyone know if the website is dead? Has anyone ordered anything for the site recently? Should I just continue to be patient? I sure hope so, because otherwise I don't know how I'll be able to recover my money. I'd really appreciate anyone responding with any info. Thanks.

I' d like to order some titles soon so I'd like to know if you received your order finally?

Tx

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 10:25:46 PM »
I did. The site is still up and running. I got an email from the person who's running it, I think it was Courtney, who apologized and got my order out. It's just a bit slow right now.

Oh, and I think it took 8 weeks to get my order.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:11:33 PM by FLEEBS »

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 08:15:37 PM »
Thank you!!  So two months for your order to arrive.  Well I'll be patient if I DO make an order :)

Tx

Offline shadystraz360

• Shadystraz360
  • Patch designer with Space4Keys.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 12:52:28 PM »
I hope the site is not dead.... I got all my bootlegs from there. I only need 1 more.... SO PLEASE DON'T SHUT DOWN :'(
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC_j07Wj8pqSXk-KFqdGzH3w
Join Derek Sherinians new youtube channel....
Street Team Co-President

Offline kipkjustm

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »
Do items ever come back in stock? I've been wanting to get the FII demos but it's always out of stock.

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 07:59:53 PM »
Do items ever come back in stock? I've been wanting to get the FII demos but it's always out of stock.

kipkjustm, I have seen some items come back in stock, but I don't know the circumstances as to why they do. I was able to get some items that were previously out of stock, and now I am only missing one of the Official Bootlegs. I keep patiently checking to see if it becomes available.

Offline Prog Snob

• Resident Tolkien Geek
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »
Is there an option to receive an email when the merchandise is back in stock? That would be a good idea if it isn't already inculcated.

Offline Robo4900

• Bacon Connoisseur
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 09:11:50 AM »
I actually E-Mailed YtseJam Records specifically about the FII demos, and the response was along the lines of "Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that will ever be restocked."
My guess is that their old label wants money if DT do any reprints. This should only affect the I&W, Awake, and FII demos, though.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »
I actually E-Mailed YtseJam Records specifically about the FII demos, and the response was along the lines of "Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that will ever be restocked."
My guess is that their old label wants money if DT do any reprints. This should only affect the I&W, Awake, and FII demos, though.

I'm fairly certain none of the labels DT has ever used have anything at all to do with the Official Bootlegs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:03:27 PM by FLEEBS »

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 09:07:30 PM »
Is there an option to receive an email when the merchandise is back in stock? That would be a good idea if it isn't already inculcated.

That would be a great idea.

Offline kipkjustm

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 06:45:42 AM »
Very disappointing that they wouldn't restock that or possibly other items

Offline Robo4900

• Bacon Connoisseur
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2016, 12:42:29 PM »
I'm fairly certain none of the labels DT has ever used have anything at all to do with the Official Bootlegs.

Actually...
Q: Are these titles limited edition?
A: They will be somewhat limited as that was part of our deal with Elektra in order to finally do this, but there will be enough to go around for quite a while before they are sold-out...
Source: http://ytsejamrecords.com/faq/showquestion.asp?faq=1&fldAuto=21

Offline FLEEBS

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2016, 08:06:10 AM »

Actually...
Q: Are these titles limited edition?
A: They will be somewhat limited as that was part of our deal with Elektra in order to finally do this, but there will be enough to go around for quite a while before they are sold-out...
Source: http://ytsejamrecords.com/faq/showquestion.asp?faq=1&fldAuto=21

Touché. Thanks for the info.