Author Topic: South Park Season 19  (Read 4795 times)

Calvin6s

Re: South Park Season 19
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »
Oh, there's a newer one? I was referring to the one with Jimmy and the school newspaper.

That's retarded.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2015, 07:22:09 PM »
Was that this past Wednesdays episode? If so, then I guess Hulu adds it sooner.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2015, 06:50:19 AM »
I missed it as I was too busy crushing puss.

Best season in a decade. I think PC Principal is the first cartoon character that I actually truly hate.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2015, 08:47:15 AM »
You guys do know every episode of south park can be watched free online?  So I hope you aren't getting Hulu just for SP

https://southpark.cc.com/

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2015, 06:10:15 PM »
You guys do know every episode of south park can be watched free online?  So I hope you aren't getting Hulu just for SP

https://southpark.cc.com/

Yeah I know. it's more convenient through Hulu though.  I also, use Hulu for other shows that are not on basic tv.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2015, 06:06:04 PM »
Ah awesome there's a southpark thread, all my usernames in videogames used to be Kennydies and nowadays I get comments about The Waling Dead for it (??, is that some dude in TWD or something?), anyways the last few seasons kinda bored me, but this new one is great, especially the last episode, they went very old school in the sense that the kids are naïve as fuck playing 'ninja's'. This is a must watch guys!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2015, 06:20:15 PM »
Agreed about the last few seasons not being so great and this is sort of a comeback to greatness.  I personally would not rate this as the best season (still more to see so who knows), but it certainly is the best in a long time.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2015, 01:58:40 AM »
I also like that dark atmosphere they've been building up with all the fuss about Leslie and PC (won't tell too much in case some of you haven't seen them all yet).
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline MajorBoobage

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2015, 02:54:09 AM »
This last episode with Jimmy and Leslie was one of the best in a long long time. Im glad Barbrady returned!
It seems that they're entering an area of extreme hazard. A zone of some sort. A dangerous one.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2015, 06:30:04 PM »
I haven't watched the show religiously for many years, only catching a show here or there.  I find it hard to believe that any show can be consistently good if it's been on 19 seasons.  I guess because of the fact that it is topical and uses current events prevents Parker and Stone's well of creativity from running completely dry.

I think the tipping point of the show came in Season 6, with "The Deathcamp of Tolerance" episode.  There was really nowhere else to go after Lemmiwinks, Mr. Slave, and the animated "Hobbit" soundtrack parody.  The gross out meter was as far as it could realistically go at that point.  I did like the Deflategate references the first (?) episode of this year, but I also recognized that it was sour grapes coming from two die-hard Broncos fans.

So if this show is a little tired, how bad must "The Simpsons" be at this point, in its 27th season?

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2015, 10:56:56 AM »
What hurt The Simpsons is all the stuff they used to do, they can't no more,  like show Homers ass.

Was there a new episode last night?

Offline mrrct

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2015, 07:03:15 PM »
What hurt The Simpsons is all the stuff they used to do, they can't no more,  like show Homers ass.

Was there a new episode last night?

They aren't allowed to show an ANIMATED ass on over-the-air TV anymore?  When the viewers were "blessed" by the appearance of Dennis Franz's ass on NYPD Blue fifteen, twenty years ago.  Is it the fallout of Janet Jackson's Nipplegate from Super Bowl 38?  I thought that Obama threw out Bush's bible-thumping appointee as head of the FCC.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »
I binged the whole season (what's been aired so far anyway) over the weekend. This has been the best season of South Park since the seasons 3-7 era.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »
I binged the whole season (what's been aired so far anyway) over the weekend. This has been the best season of South Park since the seasons 3-7 era.

Agree. Hopefully the finale this week doesn't disappoint like last season. As much as I love Matt and Trey sometimes I think they tend to over think things.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2015, 01:48:23 PM »
PC principle is going to snap and be as politically incorrect as possible. I'm betting he dies somehow.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2015, 10:43:43 PM »
Leslie's an ad. PC Principal has been telling her to shut the fuck up all season.

...You think the twist might be that he's actually an ad blocker?  :lol

This season's been fantastic by the way.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2015, 06:19:10 AM »
Leslie's an ad. PC Principal has been telling her to shut the fuck up all season.

I laugh every time he does that.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2015, 12:35:53 PM »
The finale didn't go into the direction I thought it would (thought there'd be a bigger twist to PCP being in that ad with Leslie rather than "the ads are trying to psych him out"), but I still loved it and this season was fantastic. Really glad PC Principal didn't get killed. The character caused a lot of the laughs I had this season, so I think he's warranted his stay.

When he interrupted Leslie's evil speech at the gun show, I was really hoping we'd get a final "Put a fucking sock in it!" but alas. And when the show cut to Randy with the townsfolk saying "Why did it have to be this way?" I thought it was going to show that they were hanging PCP like they did with Reality.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2015, 09:34:42 AM »
When he interrupted Leslie's evil speech at the gun show, I was really hoping we'd get a final "Put a fucking sock in it!" but alas. And when the show cut to Randy with the townsfolk saying "Why did it have to be this way?" I thought it was going to show that they were hanging PCP like they did with Reality.
Exactly this :lol too bad. Overall I loved the episode, especially the whole gunshow situation.

Offline TL

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2015, 02:29:37 PM »
I thought they were going to burn down the Whole Foods like they did with Wal Mart.  :lol

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2015, 06:11:17 AM »
I thought the last episode was hysterical, but I thought it sucked donkey balls as a finale.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2015, 06:36:01 AM »
It was a good episode. The gun show was hilarious. My one critique of the season is that I felt that the lack of a clear "Matt & Trey" message was disappointing. It seems like they did their best to present both sides and let the viewers decide which is cool, but I prefer when they take a stand on something whether I agree with it or not. Also, I was a little confused by the ending. All season seemed to be anti-PC but the ending of the finale made it sound like we needed to PC. Wasn't sure what they're going for.