Author Topic: JLB tweets Kevin Moore  (Read 9982 times)

Offline Nest777

JLB tweets Kevin Moore
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »
Has anyone commented on this yet? https://twitter.com/jameslabrie/status/642066881323601920

A man can dream...  :'(

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: JLB tweets Kevin Moore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 09:54:19 PM »
Kevin Moore has a Twitter account? I assumed he'd be way too emo and anti-social to voluntarily communicate with other people.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 04:25:58 AM »
That was pretty cool of James.  :tup

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 04:48:53 AM »
Nice.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 06:42:20 AM »

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 07:02:05 AM »
It's eternal bond of Kevins.

Offline JiM-Xtreme

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 07:22:31 AM »
This has actually made my day... even if Kevin doesn't respond...

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 09:00:25 AM »
This has actually made my day... even if Kevin doesn't respond...
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 09:34:43 AM »
I've always wondered if they stay in touch.  I think I remember hearing they (meaning the whole band) did through the 90s and maybe even into the 2000s.  I think I also remember hearing Kevin Moore went to at least one show just to watch and hang out.  It seems that over the last 10 years that communication has been essentially zero, especially after the last interaction between Kevin and Mike. 

I know they will probably never record music together again, although a collaborative side project would be awesome, but I've always wondered if they have any communication.  I guess this proves that at least with James there hasn't been until now. 

Offline Krissi91

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »
That's really nice of James! Maybe Kevin will respond later, by the looks of it he isn't very active on his Twitter account. ;)

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 11:15:21 AM »
Man... This would be so cool.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 11:43:34 AM »
Interesting

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 12:40:46 PM »
Kevin James LaBrie & Kevin Moore team up for the first time since Dream Theater's Awake to bring you a vocal and keyboard duet !

"K2" will unleash their debut effort " A Mountain To Climb " on March 15th 2016.

After which time - the CD will sell so badly - all music shops will go out of business and will never be open again.

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »
Maybe it's just a PR thing.  They've already met and talked about what they are going to do and now they are just going public with it.  Just speculating . . .

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »
Kevin James LaBrie & Kevin Moore team up for the first time since Dream Theater's Awake to bring you a vocal and keyboard duet !

"K2" will unleash their debut effort " A Mountain To Climb " on March 15th 2016.

After which time - the CD will sell so badly - all music shops will go out of business and will never be open again.

I guess it sold so badly that you didnt even know it has already been released.  I have no fucking clue who Don Airey is, though. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »
You don't know Don Airey? Classic keyboardist! He played on a couple of the classic Ozzy Osbourne records, has played with Whitesnake, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 10:22:17 PM »
What I'm about to say is NOT a slam on MP....only a statement to the effect that personality differences do exist.   Even among two people whom you both respect.

I've often wondered if MP's dynamic personality was a huge barrier to KM not wanting to have anything to do with DT.     I know he did OSI, but by MP's own admission, KM and MP had almost no interactions during the sessions...and in fact, only shared the studio for a single day if I remember correctly.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 10:26:53 PM »
I'd say KM's personality was as much a barrier as MP's. KM clearly wanted nothing to do with that kind of music.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 10:46:08 PM »
Yeah, I think Moore just lost interest in that style of music; I doubt it had anything to do with the personality of any of the band members.  The fact that he has done nothing in the vein of DT since speaks volumes (yes, he did a Fates Warning album, but their music is far more atmospheric and not nearly as busy as DT's).

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 02:16:54 AM »
You don't know Don Airey? Classic keyboardist! He played on a couple of the classic Ozzy Osbourne records, has played with Whitesnake, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple.

Sorry, should have put the green sarcastic font.  Don Airey is actually my favorite keyboardist.  I just saw him and Purple last month and picked up a pre-autographed copy of K2.  I should have got more.  That album sans autograph is going for 50 bucks on ebay and amazon.  I think I only spent $20.

I just think its odd Kotowboy mentioned K2 and gave a fake title referencing a mountain and there is in fact a K2 with a mountain on the cover. 
Yeah, I think Moore just lost interest in that style of music; I doubt it had anything to do with the personality of any of the band members.  The fact that he has done nothing in the vein of DT since speaks volumes (yes, he did a Fates Warning album, but their music is far more atmospheric and not nearly as busy as DT's).

I also think he was doing that mainly as a favor to some friends and maybe a little cash on the side. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 02:20:05 AM »
Well K2 *is* a mountain so it was the first thing that came to mind... :)

But yes. Still a long shot.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2015, 04:51:11 AM »

Sorry, should have put the green sarcastic font.  Don Airey is actually my favorite keyboardist.  I just saw him and Purple last month and picked up a pre-autographed copy of K2.  I should have got more.  That album sans autograph is going for 50 bucks on ebay and amazon.  I think I only spent $20.

Ah, good to hear! :tup

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2015, 06:26:39 AM »
I have no fucking clue who Don Airey is, though. 

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 06:30:05 AM »

Oh, that's better.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 12:53:30 PM »
Well K2 *is* a mountain so it was the first thing that came to mind... :)

But yes. Still a long shot.

I had no idea that K2 was a mountain.  Unlike when I claimed to not know who Don Airey was, I am being serious about my lack of K2 (the mountain) knowledge. 

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 01:48:02 PM »
I hope this isn't just PR and there's genuinely gonna be something happening!  :tup to JLB for that, though. Nice of him.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »
Today I had a dream where I met Kevin Moore
He was very tall (way more than 2mts) and behaved like a total asshole. He was rude, mean and pretty much disrespected everyone around him. Nothing impressed him, he just criticized other people's work and often spoke about his own poethic skills. He eventually kicked me out of his studio, which is where I visited him.

Dunno why this, I don't know the guy, but for some reason that's the idea I got of him (except for the height  :lol)
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »
JLB's recent solo output and KM's OSI material use very compatible approaches. Just throwing that out into the ether. (Maybe James realizes this too!)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 05:27:14 AM »
JLB's recent solo output and KM's OSI material use very compatible approaches. Just throwing that out into the ether. (Maybe James realizes this too!)
Exactly what I was thinking! JLB's solo material is a lot poppier, but a collaboration between them would make my day (or year!). After all, Kevin has done so many guest appearances in the past couple of years. Also, he might be a little less hesitant now that MP is out of the band.
Maybe it's just a PR thing.  They've already met and talked about what they are going to do and now they are just going public with it.  Just speculating . . .
Nah, KM (or JLB, for that matter) doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would take part in any kind of PR stunt. Even when he was working on the last OSI album, his updates were pretty vague.

I doubt he'll respond to James' tweet - at least publically - but it would be cool if these two ex-bandmates got together and hung out at some point.

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 06:54:19 AM »
Exactly what I was thinking! JLB's solo material is a lot poppier, but a collaboration between them would make my day (or year!). After all, Kevin has done so many guest appearances in the past couple of years. Also, he might be a little less hesitant now that MP is out of the band.
Nah, KM (or JLB, for that matter) doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would take part in any kind of PR stunt. Even when he was working on the last OSI album, his updates were pretty vague.

I doubt he'll respond to James' tweet - at least publically - but it would be cool if these two ex-bandmates got together and hung out at some point.

I would tend to agree with you too.  It just strikes me as odd that someone would make an attempt to rekindle an old friendship by doing a Tweet.  Why wouldn't you just call they guy?  I guess I'm just old school.

Offline MarkFitDT

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 10:16:02 AM »

I would tend to agree with you too.  It just strikes me as odd that someone would make an attempt to rekindle an old friendship by doing a Tweet.  Why wouldn't you just call they guy?  I guess I'm just old school.

I thought that at first but its possible he doesn't have his number.  After all its over 20 years since KevMo left and maybe twitter was the only way he thought that he could get hold of him.

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 10:32:17 AM »
''I haven't spoken to Kevin in 20 years, but I had a Twitter account and internet connection, so what the fuck?''

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 09:02:57 PM »
Twitter is so strange. Now every single comment someone makes to someone else has to be made for the entire world to read.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline champbassist

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
although a collaborative side project would be awesome

I'm actually afraid that with the med-school etc. tangent that KevMo's gone off on, he might never released another CK/OSI album. As such, a collaboration seems impossible to me :(

Twitter is so strange. Now every single comment someone makes to someone else has to be made for the entire world to read.

In fact, I think that this tweet is probably proof that they aren't in touch anymore - JLB's having to hit Kev up on Twitter to say something to him.

Offline progrockman

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »
Great, now all we need is a reply and then a reunion show and then permanently replace Rudess and we'll pretend everything after Awake never happened. Joking. Or am I?  :omg: