Author Topic: Spock's Beard Discography thread - v. The First Twenty Years and Recap  (Read 15821 times)

Offline The Letter M

Re: Spock's Beard Discography thread - v. The First Twenty Years and Recap
« Reply #350 on: September 12, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »
I wonder what they'll end up doing with the Storytellers night of Morsefest 2016. My guess is that will be released on it's own at some point in the future, but I guess we'll see.

I've been wondering this as well, though I suspect it'll be a Radiant Records release through there store, perhaps not a wide-spread album, since it's not really the NMB or SB, or exactly FC or TA, it doesn't really "fit in" with any prior band's output.

Now I'm trying to figure out which part of my CD tower I should shelf this under - Spock's Beard (because it technically IS SB live), or Neal Morse (because it was at Morsefest and it's his music, more or less). On one hand, it's nice to see this get its own separate release and be billed as such, rather than released as part of a Morsefest 2016 package (like the last two sets were), but I'll just have to get over the idea that I won't have the last 3 Morsefest sets in matching packaging. Ah well...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - I am currently taking a hiatus from running any Survivors at the moment,
 but feel free to check out others' that are running in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!! Maybe in the coming months, I'll start up again with a different band if there is interest...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #351 on: September 12, 2017, 08:39:59 PM »
Neal confirmed on twitter that a) the Snow release will include the encores from that night, and b) the material from the other night of Morsefest 2016 will be released later.  I could see it being packaged with this year's Morsefest.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #352 on: September 14, 2017, 05:18:53 AM »
That's a question: Is this an official Spock's Beard release, or is it Neal Morse feat. Spock's Beard?
THE WILSON CUP, a Steven Wilson tournament
NOW RUNNING AT POLLS & SURVIVORS
CURRENT STAGE: Round of 16 starts tomorrow
 Results/Discussion thread

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: September 14, 2017, 06:48:43 AM »
That's a question: Is this an official Spock's Beard release, or is it Neal Morse feat. Spock's Beard?

It's from MorseFest 2016, however that was SNOW in it's entirety with every single band member (current or past) being part of the show. 

So it's Neal's thing, but is first and foremost Spock's Beard material.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #354 on: November 25, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »
Nobody here already heard Snow live? I didn't see the DVD, but the audio version is really amazing! Great performance of the band, hard to believe it was the first one! Great mix and overall sound also!
"... one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #355 on: November 25, 2017, 11:39:41 AM »
Rich Mouser should record and mix a DT album!
"... one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
« Reply #356 on: November 25, 2017, 12:24:59 PM »
I ordered the Art book version from Radiant and they were delayed. Still anxiously waiting for its arrival. Hoping sometime next week.
"It is I - Turkey Volume Guessing Man!" - Crow from MST3K
"Military Intelligence - Two Words Combined That Can't Make Sense." - Hangar 18

Offline Mladen

« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2017, 12:40:59 PM »
I went to pick up the Snow DVD and I even held it in my hands, but at the last second I kind of convinced myself it was too expensive. I'll probably regret not buying it at some point.

Offline Dreammajesty

• mp.com refugee
« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2017, 01:29:12 PM »
Bought the blue vinyl here at the biggest cd and vinyl fair in Holland.Sounds awesome  stunning show !!

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2017, 03:27:28 PM »
Bought the blue vinyl here at the biggest cd and vinyl fair in Holland.Sounds awesome  stunning show !!

I don't understand why people buy only the audio version, tbh. It's a thing you have to WATCH!
Okay, still waiting till Christmas for my copy to arrive, but I already read some reviews saying the vibe is awesome (the stage not so much). I was at the Night of the Prog gig with a couple of thousand people - and that gig was the best I ever saw (and I've seen a looot). Too bad that one wasn't filmed for that release...
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2017, 04:47:32 PM »
I prefer a good concert vid (DVD, Blu-ray, etc) to a good live album if it's one of those that really puts me there in the concert and I really love the band.  Sure, it's a more immersive experience.  Snow Live sounds amazing.  But I rarely have time to sit and watch concerts these days, so I tend to get more mileage out of good live album.  I can listen to it over and over in the car during my commute as loudly as I want.  That's not a bad option either.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #361 on: November 30, 2017, 11:55:49 AM »
I prefer a good concert vid (DVD, Blu-ray, etc) to a good live album if it's one of those that really puts me there in the concert and I really love the band.  Sure, it's a more immersive experience.  Snow Live sounds amazing.  But I rarely have time to sit and watch concerts these days, so I tend to get more mileage out of good live album.  I can listen to it over and over in the car during my commute as loudly as I want.  That's not a bad option either.

This, I have watched most of my concert dvds only once, even if they are of stellar quality. But I regularly listen to my favorite live albums.