Author Topic: Spock's Beard Discography thread - v. The First Twenty Years and Recap  (Read 12327 times)

Offline The Letter M

Re: Spock's Beard Discography thread - v. The First Twenty Years and Recap
« Reply #350 on: September 12, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »
I wonder what they'll end up doing with the Storytellers night of Morsefest 2016. My guess is that will be released on it's own at some point in the future, but I guess we'll see.

I've been wondering this as well, though I suspect it'll be a Radiant Records release through there store, perhaps not a wide-spread album, since it's not really the NMB or SB, or exactly FC or TA, it doesn't really "fit in" with any prior band's output.

Now I'm trying to figure out which part of my CD tower I should shelf this under - Spock's Beard (because it technically IS SB live), or Neal Morse (because it was at Morsefest and it's his music, more or less). On one hand, it's nice to see this get its own separate release and be billed as such, rather than released as part of a Morsefest 2016 package (like the last two sets were), but I'll just have to get over the idea that I won't have the last 3 Morsefest sets in matching packaging. Ah well...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - I am currently taking a hiatus from running any Survivors at the moment,
 but feel free to check out others' that are running in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!! Maybe in the coming months, I'll start up again with a different band if there is interest...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #351 on: September 12, 2017, 08:39:59 PM »
Neal confirmed on twitter that a) the Snow release will include the encores from that night, and b) the material from the other night of Morsefest 2016 will be released later.  I could see it being packaged with this year's Morsefest.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #352 on: September 14, 2017, 05:18:53 AM »
That's a question: Is this an official Spock's Beard release, or is it Neal Morse feat. Spock's Beard?
*smash cut to a bleached white skeleton*

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: September 14, 2017, 06:48:43 AM »
That's a question: Is this an official Spock's Beard release, or is it Neal Morse feat. Spock's Beard?

It's from MorseFest 2016, however that was SNOW in it's entirety with every single band member (current or past) being part of the show. 

So it's Neal's thing, but is first and foremost Spock's Beard material.