Author Topic: CHVRCHES  (Read 6522 times)

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: CHVRCHES
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 09:23:54 PM »
Love is Dead kicks ass. I'm going to playing this one a lot.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 07:52:12 PM »
The new song is garbage. No I won't post a link. I'll summarize though.

Verse
Weak ass "chorus" if you can call it that
Verse

That's it. They've been hyping up this song, and it's barely a song. It just ends after the second chorus.    It's seems they used up all their creativity on the first 2 albums. At least I have those to listen to. Yeah, I know there was a 3rd album, but I only ever sampled it. It wasn't good either.

/rant

Symphony X's next album better be the tits or I'm gonna... Type another angry post, I tells ya!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2021, 12:04:47 AM »
I'm not yet sure what to think about it. I was neither blown away or disappointed. It feels short. I'm hoping it sits almost as a transition piece on the album.

Delighted to have them back and fingers crossed for the new record.

Re: Love Is Dead - I thought that album felt very much like bits and pieces. Only half of it sounded cohesive. I believe that's the only album they used outside producers on so I'm hoping this one sounds more together.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2021, 10:35:17 AM »
No, this is great. Loving it.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2021, 01:25:52 PM »
https://youtu.be/kOjc7xtaPes

CHVRCHES Feat. Robert Smith of Cure released a new song!

This is really good IMO!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2021, 03:53:10 PM »
Enjoyed this one more then HSSS but I've only heard it once and have resisted listening to the first single much.

Looking forward to munching down the whole album on Aug 27th.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2021, 09:15:00 AM »
First listen reaction to Screen Violence - excellent.  :metal

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2021, 09:27:04 AM »
First listen reaction to Screen Violence - excellent.  :metal

Oh yeah, this was released today also! :tup

Will listen to this later..

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2021, 02:51:08 PM »
Normally, Target used to include them in the new releases but I didn't see Screen Violence at the store today. Will have to pay the record store a visit soon.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2021, 09:42:09 PM »
I adore their first album, so many amazing tracks.  I really tried to like the second one, but half a dozen listens and I didn't love a single song.  It might be worth revisiting again because I haven't listened to it since the first few months it came out though.  Third album was almost as disappointing, though I did instantly love "Deliverance".  The new material seems just ok, though I do quite like "How Not To Drown" with Robert Smith. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2021, 12:41:16 PM »
Ok, the whole album looks to be out now.  I think they might be back on track.  My first impression is much more positive than it was for the previous two. 

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2021, 09:56:58 PM »
Love is Dead is pretty good. I guess I just never gave it a chance. Nothing groundbreaking, just typical Chvrches. Their first 2 albums are still their best so far. Yeah, I thought the second one was great.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2021, 10:21:27 PM »
Screen Violence is my first CHVRCHES album and I love it! Definitely gonna check out their previous 3 albums. Also I gotta say Lauren Mayberry is cute as hell!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2021, 12:22:08 AM »
Great to hear.  :) They've been a top 10 favourite band of mine since Every Open Eye so I need to blather on about them a bit just to get it out of my system.

They're doing something really awesome and nuanced to my ears. I don't know quite how to describe it, which has to be a good thing. Obvs, it's very 80s synthpop to start with. But there's real anger and sorrow in there too. They feel very genuine. And there's guitars and bass in the mix. Lauren's voice is really unique. The songwriting is fantastic.

I find them super addictive. There's barely been a day I've not listened to some Chvrches over the last five years.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2021, 10:14:11 AM »
They're doing something really awesome and nuanced to my ears. I don't know quite how to describe it, which has to be a good thing. Obvs, it's very 80s synthpop to start with. But there's real anger and sorrow in there too. They feel very genuine. And there's guitars and bass in the mix. Lauren's voice is really unique. The songwriting is fantastic.

Have you explored other somewhat similar bands?  PVRIS, Lights, Grimes, Haerts, Purity Ring, Say Lou Lou, and Kate Boy, for example? 

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2021, 04:08:57 PM »

Have you explored other somewhat similar bands?  PVRIS, Lights, Grimes, Haerts, Purity Ring, Say Lou Lou, and Kate Boy, for example?

The only one of those I've tried (or heard of) is Purity Ring. They sounded nice enough but didn't have enough ingredient-X to get me back for more.. Will check out those others, thanks!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2021, 04:55:26 PM »
nightmares is such a banger

new album has potential to be my favorite chvrches album to date, tbh

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2021, 03:57:59 AM »
I'm not binging any of my favoured new releases but this could end up being their best album. They've moved into something slightly more "analog" and "natural" which is just fantastic.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2021, 05:54:00 PM »
I wasn't really big on the first two songs and California was just alright but hooooly shit once track 4 hits, the album starts firing on all cylinders and doesn't stop. Great stuff.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2021, 08:19:07 PM »
Loving the new album. Get tired of listening to albums really fast these days but not getting tired of this one at all.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2021, 08:21:43 PM »

The only one of those I've tried (or heard of) is Purity Ring. They sounded nice enough but didn't have enough ingredient-X to get me back for more.. Will check out those others, thanks!

Check out this Grimes song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

My favorite synthpop song.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2021, 09:21:46 PM »
I've watched that video more times than I want to care to admit to.  I actually prefer that version of the song to the album one.  She also has a really nice collaboration track "Entropy" with Bleachers.  My favorite song of her's is either that one or "Visiting Statues".  "Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U)" is up there as well. 

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2021, 12:38:39 AM »

Check out this Grimes song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

My favorite synthpop song.

Thanks, man. I checked out those other artists. They're deffo doing some good stuff but still only Chvrches are flicking my switches. I'll go back to check some of them again, though.

Screen Violence is so good that I'm consciously staying away from it slightly so I don't overplay it too soon.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2021, 10:46:54 PM »
The new song is garbage. No I won't post a link. I'll summarize though.

Verse
Verse

That's it. They've been hyping up this song, and it's barely a song. It just ends after the second chorus.    It's seems they used up all their creativity on the first 2 albums. At least I have those to listen to. Yeah, I know there was a 3rd album, but I only ever sampled it. It wasn't good either.

He Said She Said is not garbage, but it's probably my least favorite on the album.

Regarding Love Is Dead: it's just as good as their other albums.

Screen Violence is great. Funny how opinions change.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2021, 11:32:42 PM »
Glad you're digging it more. Sometimes (actually, most of the time for me) you just have to be in the right mood for something.

I love Screen Violence. Really enjoy the album from front to back. Asking For A Friend is my track of the year, hands down.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2021, 07:21:40 AM »
Glad you're digging it more. Sometimes (actually, most of the time for me) you just have to be in the right mood for something.

I love Screen Violence. Really enjoy the album from front to back. Asking For A Friend is my track of the year, hands down.

The last few years, maybe longer, I've been too quick to judge my favorite bands. I guess I'm just afraid of losing them. Once I really like something, I want it to last. Get Out still isn't an amazing song, but for whatever reason it made me dismiss the whole album. Apparently I sampled it, but I don't know how I didn't like Graffiti at least. That song's great. Or several others. I don't know all the names yet, but there's one that I can take or leave.

Screen Violence has so many great songs, but I think my current favorite is actually the last song.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »
I find Get Out fairly annoying.

Love that last song on SV.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2021, 05:25:27 PM »
I saw CHVRCHES in Chicago on November 19th. It was awesome. Lauren killed it and the light show was amazing. Science/Visions had an absolutely spine-tingling light show to accompany the huge low end in that song and that just bumped it way up for me. I've always loved that song but I love it even more now. And ending the show with Clearest Blue was incredible. They played nearly all of my favorites especially from the new album. Violent Delights had another stellar light/screen show to accompany it, it's my favorite on Screen Violence.

CHVRCHES rules.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2021, 05:50:05 PM »
I saw CHVRCHES in Chicago on November 19th. It was awesome. Lauren killed it and the light show was amazing. Science/Visions had an absolutely spine-tingling light show to accompany the huge low end in that song and that just bumped it way up for me. I've always loved that song but I love it even more now. And ending the show with Clearest Blue was incredible. They played nearly all of my favorites especially from the new album. Violent Delights had another stellar light/screen show to accompany it, it's my favorite on Screen Violence.

CHVRCHES rules.

Might literally be the worst thing I've ever been sent in 5 roulettes. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2021, 05:52:42 PM »
okay, old man  :corn

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2021, 05:54:03 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2021, 05:58:26 PM »
add a chvrches round to your roulette, coward

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2021, 06:00:17 PM »
No f'n way!

Offline Melphina

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2021, 06:45:42 PM »

CHVRCHES rules.

QUIT BEING AN OLD MAN!  :lol

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2021, 07:02:56 PM »

CHVRCHES rules.

I can top that.