Author Topic: Public Morals (TV Show)  (Read 696 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Public Morals (TV Show)
« on: August 21, 2015, 08:47:39 AM »
Premieres next week, I'm an avid Noir detective stories buff so I'll be watching it whether it turns out good or not, I hate that it's TNT since nothing good comes out of there.
The show feels to me like a spawn of another show TNT fucked up; Frank Darabont's LA Noir -retitled Mob City- which I highly anticpated through it's making process for 3 years, loved the 6-episode first season and then TNT went and canceled it. It feels like a spawn because of the Noir feel and the fact that I can count at least 3 actors from the trailer who actually were on Mob City.
I don't know how Noir could it be if it takes place in the 60's, I've always felt that if it went past the mid-fifties it would lose it's Noir appeal, at least the detective story type of Noir.
Trailer
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
Re: Public Morals (TV Show)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:04:39 PM »
Sick today, so watched the first 4 episodes.  Good, solid show that moves fast.  Many familiar faces in the show. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 11:26:44 AM »
While watching this show, the main actors wife mentioned she could not wait to get out of Hells Kitchen.  Same Hells Kitchen as the DT instrumental?  Great song.  Anyhow, the show is good.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »
Hells Kitchen is a neighborhood in Manhattan.