Author Topic: The jingle Roulette Trilogy - Final Results - no more mind games  (Read 80061 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The jingle Roulette Trilogy - Welcome back my friends
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2015, 08:13:16 PM »
Is there no way to search through the artists on this lastfm?  The old version you could.

No.  Bolsters found a trick though....
You can't. But if you've got a particular artist in mind that you want to check for in his library, you can just put the band name in the URL. https://www.last.fm/user/jingle-boy/library/music/Flaming+Row for example.

Alternatively, I provided a link to an excel file of my iTunes library in the OP to search on.

Lastly... just ask.  Email or PM me.  Email is better... that Inbox won't get full.   :lol

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2015, 05:12:21 AM »
Spent a bit of time going through the list and my google play library - quite a few bands you haven't listened to on your Last fm list. Not much killer stuff there though...

Good job I reorganised the cd collection a few months ago. Might have to go deep. You know you like it like that  :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2015, 05:25:23 AM »
Is there no way to search through the artists on this lastfm?  The old version you could.

No.  Bolsters found a trick though....
You can't. But if you've got a particular artist in mind that you want to check for in his library, you can just put the band name in the URL. https://www.last.fm/user/jingle-boy/library/music/Flaming+Row for example.

Alternatively, I provided a link to an excel file of my iTunes library in the OP to search on.

Lastly... just ask.  Email or PM me.  Email is better... that Inbox won't get full.   :lol

Yeah, I'm using that excel sheet, it's easier.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »
Just bear in mind that's only my iTunes library.  Also consult that Spotify list in the OP - those have been listened to fairly regularly over the past year since Spotify became legit in Canada.

Good job I reorganised the cd collection a few months ago. Might have to go deep. You know you like it like that  :biggrin:

You sexy beast!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »
Sent.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2015, 09:17:04 PM »
Gonna have some different new stuff for you Chad.  I stopped my bitching and I got a few days off work and am sick as a dog with the flu so what a perfect opportunity to go through my collection and spin some stuff I purchased probably discounted and put away without even listening, which as I'm finding is a lot.

There is quite a bit of shit here I'm finding that I wish I savd my money on, but finding some decent stuff too, although coming across real gems is tough.  Anyway, found an album by a band called Serenity which has a sticker on it saying 'Austrian melodic metal sensation.'  Yeah right I thought, then as I'm ripping it to my computer discovered Chad you rate them, with lots of listens.

Anyway the album is Words Untold and Dreams Unveiled and I'm only four songs in but this is fucking killer.  Pretty sure this is one I paid 5 bucks for.  How can a quality album be sitting under my nose without even hearing it.  Seriously, this is some fantastic metal.  :rollin  Sucks you know them Chad.  ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
Gonna have some different new stuff for you Chad.  I stopped my bitching and I got a few days off work and am sick as a dog with the flu so what a perfect opportunity to go through my collection and spin some stuff I purchased probably discounted and put away without even listening, which as I'm finding is a lot.

There is quite a bit of shit here I'm finding that I wish I savd my money on, but finding some decent stuff too, although coming across real gems is tough.  Anyway, found an album by a band called Serenity which has a sticker on it saying 'Austrian melodic metal sensation.'  Yeah right I thought, then as I'm ripping it to my computer discovered Chad you rate them, with lots of listens.

Anyway the album is Words Untold and Dreams Unveiled and I'm only four songs in but this is fucking killer.  Pretty sure this is one I paid 5 bucks for.  How can a quality album be sitting under my nose without even hearing it.  Seriously, this is some fantastic metal.  :rollin  Sucks you know them Chad.  ;D

:lol at the bolded.

@ the last, I can't recommend you get the other three albums enough Paul... all of them are killer.  Absolutely killer.  One of my better discoveries (from Nick's radio show) over the last couple of years.  Worlds Untold is their first... the other three are as good, if not better.

Sorry it took you being sick as shit to discover this stuff... but better late than never!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2015, 09:28:21 PM »

:lol at the bolded.

@ the last, I can't recommend you get the other three albums enough Paul... all of them are killer.  Absolutely killer.  One of my better discoveries (from Nick's radio show) over the last couple of years.  Worlds Untold is their first... the other three are as good, if not better.

Sorry it took you being sick as shit to discover this stuff... but better late than never!

:P

Yeah, some cd's here which aren't bad, just bland that I would never listen to again haha.

All good mate, just a flu, it's going around here at the moment, I'm usually pretty good with getting sick, but going through some of these purchases is great.  This Serenity though is fucking brilliant, it's worth this discovery alone.  I'm up to Forever right now and loving it.  Definitely gonna check out the other albums too.  I'm sure I've had this one for at least 5 years.  Pulled it out, looked better than new.  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2015, 10:25:51 PM »
Hope you get better soon Paul  :lol   I'll let Chad off the hook and say it's the fucking Winger avatars .  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2015, 10:28:33 PM »
Hope you get better soon Paul  :lol   I'll let Chad off the hook and say it's the fucking Winger avatars .  ;D

Thanks bro.  haha, that's what I put it down to too.  At least I can't be the only one guilty now of skimming and not reading shit properly.  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2015, 10:58:17 PM »

Thanks bro.  haha, that's what I put it down to too.  At least I can't be the only one guilty now of skimming and not reading shit properly.  :lol

So much this.  I was confused as shit as to why Kade was responding about Paul's post.  :lol  Don't even try tell me I'm the only one who associates posts with the avatar as much or moreso than the username

Would you (and Joe) update your fuckin avatar already!  You know how many times I've wondered what the fuck happened to Paul's ability to spell!?!?! 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2015, 11:06:08 PM »
But, but I like it.  ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2015, 11:10:22 PM »
But, but I like it.  ;D

Then expect to be (mistakenly) called "Paul" on occasion.  Anyone who points it out to me loses a point in their ranking.

Brent, you just earned a handicap in the qualifier.  Hope that's a killer song you gave me.    :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2015, 11:15:16 PM »
Damn bro!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2015, 11:20:29 PM »
Brent, you just earned a handicap in the qualifier.  Hope that's a killer song you gave me.    :biggrin:

I said I let you off the hook JJ  :P   Don't go throwing your weight around or there'll be be some reciprocal handicapping and my roulette will finish after yours , so..........

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2015, 11:36:03 PM »
  Don't go throwing your weight around or there'll be be some reciprocal handicapping and my roulette will finish after yours , so..........

And with that, it's time for me to stop being such a dick in my own thread. Time to make thing fun.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2015, 12:00:02 AM »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2015, 02:46:52 AM »

So much this.  I was confused as shit as to why Kade was responding about Paul's post.  :lol  Don't even try tell me I'm the only one who associates posts with the avatar as much or moreso than the username

Would you (and Joe) update your fuckin avatar already!  You know how many times I've wondered what the fuck happened to Paul's ability to spell!?!?!

Cheers mate... but my posts have been shocking since I've been on the ipad. Bloody predictive keyboards.
Serenity are great though.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2015, 03:14:38 AM »
I sent a song through Spotify, let me know if you got it :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2015, 07:40:14 AM »
I sent a song through Spotify, let me know if you got it :)

I did indeed

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2015, 08:21:28 AM »

And with that, it's time for me to stop being such a dick in my own thread. Time to make thing fun.

I'm not feeling the fun yet...
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2015, 08:23:11 AM »

Zydar... want to help me out?  Dispatch the ho's to Argentina.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2015, 08:25:55 AM »
So, we got results yet? :neverusethis:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2015, 08:30:19 AM »
So, we got results yet? :neverusethis:
:lol
No kidding, man! 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2015, 08:44:13 AM »
Come on, it's been a week since this started already! And I'm playing by my rules too, submitting a song long after signing up.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2015, 08:50:42 AM »

Zydar... want to help me out?  Dispatch the ho's to Argentina.

Now that's what I'm talking about :zydar:
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2015, 08:56:35 AM »
Apparently J Boy has such penis roultette envy of TAC, that he decided to start his thread 3 weeks before the roulette even begins!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »
Apparently J Boy has such penis roultette envy of TAC, that he decided to start his thread 3 weeks before the roulette even begins!

...............says the guy whose roulette thread started three MONTHS before first round  :biggrin:

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2015, 09:01:59 AM »

...............says the guy whose roulette thread started three MONTHS before first round  :biggrin:

Oh shit, you're right!  :rollin

I only did it because we started to hijack Hath's final page.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2015, 10:21:16 AM »
Sent some prog metal. Or almost :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2015, 10:56:51 AM »
Alright, I've read the OP!

Now onto deciding what to send.

Edit: sent some questions via PM.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:22:33 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2015, 02:21:14 PM »
Stiff competition...

I've delivered the pizza.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
Could we do on OP update to see who is actually in (as in, people that have sent their songs)?
Squ

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2015, 03:38:51 PM »
I still gotta send a song.