Author Topic: Parama's Coincidental Roulette! (FINAL RESULTS!)  (Read 54707 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Parama's Coincidental Roulette! (Round 8 Listening)
« Reply #490 on: October 13, 2015, 12:24:28 PM »
Round 8 Results:

425: Iron Maiden – Sign of the Cross

First Impressions: This is the second time I’ve been sent a really long song from a band I’ve already heard a fair number of other songs from, haha. I probably should’ve expected that kind of intro considering the band + the length. I’m really liking the slow build at the start here, and that it has a cool bass lick beneath it helps. The non-Dickinson vocalist here sounds a bit out of place to me though, haha. And he’s a bit buried in the mix, though maybe that was on purpose, who knows. I think a problem I’m having is that this song stays at one dynamic level for a while then abruptly switches to a different level, but there’s no build or swell in any of it, so it ends up sounding really flat. There’s at least some build happening in the back half of the song, I guess. The first part here since the intro that I really dig a lot isn’t until 8 minutes into the song, and even then it just sounds like a rehash of the same kind of stuff I’ve heard from earlier Maiden songs, so it’s not unique even if it’s decent enough. I will also say that… this feels a bit mixed wrong, the mix is just, super bass-heavy and it makes everything else sound really washed out. I think that might be why the song doesn’t sound that dynamic to me, really.

Final Thoughts: The production quality is… holy hell. Maybe the worst of any song thus far in the roulette. And here, it definitely gets in the way. The bass is loud as heck and it drowns out everything else, so the end result is a song that’s really loud but really lacking in dynamics. Everything sounds muffled and nothing has any room to breathe.

But even outside of that, the song lacks dynamics or any sense of dynamic shift. It goes from the quiet intro to the louder parts of the song out of nowhere with one of the clumsiest transitions I’ve ever heard. There’s not really much swell to the quieter intro, it builds a little, I guess, but not enough to justify the sudden shift.

It’s not just that Bayley’s vocals don’t really fit with Iron Maiden’s sound. It’s just that I don’t think I like his vocals at all. I mean, yeah, I’m used to hearing Maiden with Dickinson so nobody else is going to sound right taking his place, sure. But if you put this guy in a different band that didn’t sound like Maiden, and if his vocals fit there, I still don’t think I’d want to listen to him. I can’t really ascertain why exactly I don’t like his voice, but I just don’t.

There’s bits and pieces of this I do like and there’s no point of the music I’d really say is “bad” on its own, but it’s not particularly inspired, nor is it good enough to justify 11 minutes. And when there are a lot of different sections somewhat awkwardly crammed together that already aren’t great on their own, the whole thing just really ends up sounding like a drag.

Score: 6/10

FlyingBIZKIT: Rage Against The Machine – Settle For Nothing

First Impressions: Pretty decent bass groove for the verses. The spoken lyrics aren’t really to my taste but there’s more than enough emotion and anger showing through them nonetheless. There’s a nice soft/loud contrast between the verses and the chorus that gives the chorus a lot more weight but doesn’t take the weight away from the verses either. I really don’t have a lot to say about this, I’ve never been a huge fan of this band and this isn’t likely to change my mind.

Final Thoughts: One huge problem I think this song has is that both verses are exactly the same, lyrically. It’s redundant, is what it is. And Rage Against The Machine has had this problem before, Killing in the Name has something like 5 unique lyrics throughout the entire song.

That wouldn’t be a problem if the lyrics weren’t so clearly the focus of all their songs. Yeah, musically this is alright, but not amazing. The bassline’s alright enough, the heavy riff in the chorus is alright enough. It mostly serves to accentuate the vocals, though. Quieter but unsettling in the verses, and explosive and angry in the chorus. In that regard, it works well. I just wish there was more to the song lyrically to make the lyrical focus feel justified.

Also, the guitar solo in the middle feels a bit out of place, it’s too bright-sounding compared to everything else. Like, it’s a totally fine solo but it feels like it’s in the wrong song.

I think this is less a case of “this is something that doesn’t work” and more “this is something that works perfectly fine but just isn’t to my taste”. That being said, I can’t give this too high of a personal rating, but at the same time anything lower than this would feel like an insult.

Score: 6.5/10

Train of Naught: Slipknot – The Devil in I

First Impressions: Okay, I’m going to try to not be biased against this since I’ve never enjoyed any other Slipknot I’ve heard. The instrumentation in the first verse is actually pretty solid, a decent atmosphere throughout it and the melodic vocals as opposed to the usual harsher ones match it well. Really, this is more than competent enough, but for what it is, it doesn’t strike me as particularly unique, either. I appreciate that this sounds a bit more alive and less mechanical than the other stuff I’ve heard from them, but I’m not particularly taken by it.

Final Thoughts: As far as Slipknot songs go, this is probably the best I’ve heard; granted, I haven’t heard many because they’ve never been a band that struck me as a band to keep my eye on. All I’m saying is, nu metal-ish stuff… not my favorite.

But this, this is fine. The verse/chorus contrast here is really good, the melodic vocals and high-atmosphere of the verses contrasts well with the heaviness and harsher vocals of the chorus. The chorus riff is also pretty decent, sinister and heavy in the right ways.

I think the biggest thing is that this is a little stretched for content. You have the verse section, the chorus section and riff, and the interlude/bridge riff, and that’s about it as far as musical ideas go. The bridge has a blastbeat thing going on that I think does work well to up the intensity of the song… but then it cuts back into a chorus that’s not really notably different from the previous two.

I definitely wouldn’t say this has made me a Slipknot fan but it’s nice to hear a song from a band I generally dislike that’s actually pretty alright.

Score: 7.5/10

Tomislav95: Katatonia – Unfurl

First Impressions: Again with the heavy atmospheres. Oh, you guys seem to know me pretty well by this point, huh? :lol I really like how fuzzy the guitar tones are here, and the muffled drum sound in the quieter moments fits really well too. This is striking me as another of those songs in the category of “nothing is particularly unique, but everything it does, it does damn well”.

Final Thoughts: Having listened to this a fair few times now, there’s one thing I note about it:
As much as I enjoy listening to it, I could never remember what this song sounded like afterwards. When I got to it on the writeup list, and it started playing, I was less “alright time for this one” and more “oh yeah, it’s this one.”

I don’t know if that’s the fault of the song in particular or the fact that there were just a ton of great songs this round and this one just didn’t stick with me as well as the rest. The song itself is pretty great, really. There’s a thick atmosphere to the entire song driven by the keys and guitar, with the bass adding a bit of backbone. The tones are fuzzy enough to create a bit of a blur but not too fuzzy as to sound unrecognizable.

The muffled/electronic sound of the drums I think fits well with the atmosphere, two. It always feels like it’s on the edge of something big but never quite wants to get there, and it doesn’t really need to, either.

I think the song does stick a bit too much to one note, though; there’s some quieter moments but most of the time it sticks to the same sound and same dynamic level, and it ends up feeling like 5 minutes of the same sound. It’s not a bad sound, not at all. But it’s hard to pull out any specific “parts” of this song as being superior to any other parts, because they all sound the same to me.

I may check out this band at some point, I’ve heard good things about them but never checked them out myself, and this is certainly a fine enough song, though it’s not making me rush to check out an album from them, either.

Score: 8/10

mikemangioy: Nevermore – Dreaming Neon Black

First Impressions: This is really reminding me of another band but I can’t quite place my finger on it. The transition between the light verse and the heavy chorus is a bit clumsy both ways, it just kind of happens, different tempo and different level of volume all of the sudden. For what it is I can’t say it seems all that original but I think on a level of pure power it’s pretty good, both vocalists and the heavier riffs are all strong. Probably on future listens this will grow on me.

Final Thoughts: In the trend of the last write-up, the only thing about this song I could ever remember was the chorus with its booming, deep vocals. I think that’s a positive, it’s a good chorus.

I still think the transitions between the verses and choruses are clunky as heck, though, it just… happens. They sound like two different songs awkwardly jammed together. Both parts are really pretty good on their own but I’d have liked something to bridge that gap.

The vocals are definitely the highlight here, there’s a lot of power in his voice on the verses, and the deep vocals on the chorus are just great. The female vocals in the bridge, too, are pretty good, especially with the male vocalist coming in at times to harmonize.

While I do think this is pretty good, for 6 and a half minutes, it again feels stretched pretty thin. You’ve got the verse, you’ve got the chorus, you’ve got the bridge, and there’s some cool stuff in the outro too. But it doesn’t feel very diverse in the end, with each section going on a fair bit. Far from saying that’s necessarily a problem but in the end, for the length it feels like they could’ve done a bit more to hold my interest all the way through.

LordCost: Soundgarden – 4th of July

First Impressions: Soundgarden is a band I probably should listen to more of anyways. I actually had a submission from them in Round 7 but it was a song I already knew so I had to reject it. I like the really heavy intro riff, that’s just, sludgy as heck in the best way. Cornell’s vocals here sound a bit less powerful than the other stuff I’ve heard from them (Black Hole Sun, Spoonman, Superunknown) but far from devoid of emotion, of course. The heavy distortion throughout and the bass-heavy mix works well here because it doesn’t drown out everything else, everything still comes through clearly enough.

Final Thoughts: This one grew on me a little and I already liked it a fair bit to begin with. That chorus is really pretty strong. And I dig the heaviness of the riffs, and the bass-heavy production adds to that.

Looking up the lyrics, they’re pretty clever too. It’s not exactly clear what’s going on, or what they imply, but I imagine explosions that are… not 4th of July celebrations, to the say the least. And in that sense, the heaviness works really well, fits the mood perfectly.

I find it hard to have much to say about this though. I don’t really see any problems with it, but at the same time I don’t feel it incredibly strongly. Considering I haven’t heard a song off this album that I haven’t liked yet, though, it’s about high time I actually did go and check the album out though, I think.

Sacul: Chelsea Wolfe – Survive

First Impressions: SO I actually did listen to this album in full a few months back and remember it being pretty dang good, just haven’t gotten around to getting it yet. I’m not familiar with any separate songs so I’m allowing this. The first half has a nice bassline going throughout with some good layers of texture in the back and some fitting vocals on top. The background noises are really adding the build to this so I do want to see where it all leads. When it does kick in there’s just, a ton of those roaring guitars in the back with a driving drumline keeping it all grounded. The really heavy bits at the end feel like the natural end result of the long build and the heaviness going on both in front and back just makes this massive and overwhelming. It might be a bit too much build compared to the payoff at the end, but I definitely dig it.

Final Thoughts: The first line of the lyrics is so silly… like, maybe that sounded better in her head but it comes off as so goofy. Other than that the lyrics are fine. And her voice is fine too, though pretty restrained throughout most of the song, maybe a bit more than it should be.

I do think, for certain, that the build here is a bit slow. Especially since it’s just hammering in one bassline and one or two vocal melodies for a few minutes, with not much else happening except some noises between verses. The build is also a bit strange, it goes up and down a few times before everything really kicks in… over 66% of the way through the song. Not that what comes before the build is bad, it’s a fine thing to repeat at least a little but… yeah, too much here.

The payoff to the build, when it is reached, is pretty phenomenal though. Just absolutely huge and crushing, with lots of those roaring guitars adding some texture to it and keeping things tense. If not for the fact that the build was so slow, I’d say the amount we get at the end is fine, but if the song was a little more balanced in favor of the heavier parts I think it would work a lot better. But what do I know.

Shadow Ninja 2.0: SikTh – Tupelo

First Impressions: I actually tried listening to the other SikTh album but didn’t make it more than like 15-20 minutes in before I kind of got tired of it, either it being too heavy or too overwhelming or something along those lines. The intro here already has me interested alone, a tight bass and percussion groove with some ominous singing. I can tell this is definitely going to be weeeeird, though. Haha. Especially the vocalist, who is just… sounds crazy, almost. There’s a great build going throughout this where more and more layers are added and the vocals get more intense, but slow enough that you don’t notice it happening. The song doesn’t really kick in until about halfway through but since it spent so much time on a long build and still has plenty of time left, I think it’s fine. And damn, those roaring guitars are just fantastic. The vocals probably go a bit beyond my tolerance for weirdness but other than that every element of this really works well.

Final Thoughts: Apparently this is secretly a cover? Alright. It doesn’t matter to me, I’ve never heard the original song before and this is really good on its own. What this makes me think of is… a spaghetti western, actually. Even though I don’t think anything other than the vocals has that kind of vibe to it at all.

I think the bonus point here is almost just compromise for the fact that the vocals are so weird that they get annoying at times, so I get to take half a point off for them and then add it right back, or something. And yeah, the weirdness of the vocals at times is my biggest problem with this.

Musically, it’s… wow. The drumming, the atmosphere, the heavier moments adding some swell, the consistently dark sound to it, it’s all great. And it’s really hard to predict where it’s going to go next, but it all feels natural when it happens. Dunno, can’t really think of a single complaint on this front.

Considering how much there is to this song and how cool I think it is, I really don’t have much to say about it. It’s… an experience, to be sure. A positive experience. I’ve never heard anything like it, especially considering the vocals, but even without them I think it’d be pretty well an entity of its own.

Score: 8.5 (+.5 Bonus) = 9/10

senecadawg2: Enslaved – Roots of the Mountain

First Impressions: Wow, right out the gate and I’m already kind of a little biased against the vocalist. Apparently that passed quickly though, or hopefully the harsh vocals won’t be too prevalent. The riffs of this have a nice heavy but textured sound to them that I just really like, the sort of “epic” sound that a lot of metal bands wish they could have. Both the slower and faster riffs have it, too, it’s a very full-sounding track which is always a plus. I was gonna be all “I’m sure when this stops being really epic I won’t like it as much” but the quieter parts have goddamn great bass grooves to them. I’m just super sad that the kind of cruddy harsh vocals are inevitably going to bring this song’s score down a tiny bit, even if they’re not too prevalent.

Final Thoughts: The award for “single worst second of the entire roulette” has to go to that opening second of the harsh vocals. I really, passionately do not like that one single second.

The other 550 or so seconds are all great though. For one, this song has one heck of a chorus. That riff is great, the atmosphere of the section is the great, the vocals match it perfectly without overshadowing the rest. The heavier riffs are interesting enough to not sound like a wall of noise and they’re not overly dissonant even at their worst.

There’s a nice, tasteful solo during the second chorus that’s just, really cool, helps differentiate the chorus and keeps the song moving forward. And really I think I oversold my dislike of the harsh vocals in my first impression, I really only dislike that one second at the start, the rest of the way through they’re fine, not great or anything but not problematic.

About halfway through there’s some new bits thrown in that are all really cool. The driving drums with the guitar noodling adding to the heavy atmosphere, cutting into one heck of a great bass groove that continues into the next heavier section.

The song has a strange false ending about two-thirds of the way through where I keep thinking it’s over but then it cuts to a clean reprise of the chorus that’s just gorgeous and makes me glad it isn’t actually over.

The song may be a biiiit too reliant on its epic chorus at times, but honestly, I’m not complaining, and the song keeps me interested the whole way through regardless, so yeah. Definitely gotta check these guys out.

Score: 9/10

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Parama's Coincidental Roulette! (Round 8 Listening)
« Reply #491 on: October 13, 2015, 12:24:35 PM »
Elite: Obsidian Kingdom – Not Yet Five / Oncoming Dark / Through the Glass / Cinnamon Balls

First Impressions: I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here and I’m gonna listen to all four tracks for at least the first listen. I mean I can already tell from just the start of this that I am totally going to dig at least the first track. Some nice droning ambience with a sluggish bass underneath and some piano and guitar accompaniment coming in. This is heavy on atmosphere in the best way. There’s some kind of intrusive sounds that come in but I don’t think they’re “out of place” necessarily. The second track picks up the pace a little almost instantly, a very nicely textured opening verse that keeps the feel of the previous track intact while clearly being a progression of the sound. It’s a pretty straightforward track overall but just very well-done. Third track pushes things a bit more into the “rhythmically interesting” territory, seems to be a short instrumental track. Again, just the amount of layers make this sound absolutely massive and quite engaging. The fourth track is the heaviest of the bunch, bringing in some really sludgy riffs and harsh vocals, but at this point it’s definitely earned the right and had enough build to use this level of heaviness effectively. I think the end of this track is a good cutoff point, too, because it does kind of end the flow the other tracks thus far have had running through them. Honestly this reminds me a lot of the flow of East of the Wall’s Apologist; the songs all flow together in the same way with a cohesive sound throughout, making it feel less like “tracks we had flow together for the sake of it” and more “separate parts of a unified whole that you wouldn’t even realize are separate tracks if we didn’t divide them up on-disc” and I really dig that kind of album flow.

Final Thoughts: Wow, I really went overboard with the first impressions on this one, huh? :lol

I think part of it is that, yeah, these songs are really meant to flow into each other and any of them on their own feels incomplete, and in cases like that I think I’m fine with allowing this kind of entry.

Another part of it is that the first part on its own would probably score lower than the whole suite combined, considering it’s the buildup to the other three parts. And for what it is, yeah, it’s a good build. There’s more being added in the back while the piano, guitar, and bass fill out the front, but the swell really comes from the backdrop here, eventually overwhelming the instruments in front. The squealing noises that happen may not have been the greatest of choices ‘cause they irritate me a little but they’re not a huge problem.

I think part of it is that this has better flow to it than several of the songs that were literally single songs, so this might as well be a song too for all intents and purposes. And I think this is definitely a case of the whole being more than a sum of its parts. Each of these tracks on their own would be pretty fine and interesting, but if you string them all together you’ve got this fantastic sense of build throughout and the fact that none of them repeat each other but all build on similar themes keeps it sounding cohesive. The xylophone or whatever line from the end of the second track carries into the third track, as does the heaviness built up. And by the time the fourth track is reached there’s been enough build that NOT having harsh vocals would actually sound off; it’s really earned it at this point.

This is also interesting in the way that no point of this overshadows the other parts, but that keeps it sounding fresh each time, because all of the individual moments are great on their own. The slight, sliiiight downside is that it doesn’t end up being particularly memorable at any point to me. But every time I put this one on, I just enjoy the heck out of it from beginning to end, regardless of whether or not it sticks in my head afterwards, and I’m definitely interested in checking out the rest of the album.

Score: 9.5/10

Current Standings:
Elite - 68
Sacul - 64.5
senecadawg2 - 63
Tomislav95 - 62.5
mikemangioy - 62.5
FlyingBIZKIT - 60.5
425 - 59.5
LordCost - 59
Train of Naught - 57
Shadow Ninja 2.0 - 55.5

Yeah, I think this was a good round  :lol
On an unrelated note, Elite has taken a sizable lead by scoring highest of everyone in the past four rounds (okay, there was a tie or two point-wise but I rank same-scoring entries in rough order of preference, even if there's basically no difference  :lol )
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:07:06 PM by Parama »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: Parama's Coincidental Roulette! (ROUND 8 RESULTS)
« Reply #492 on: October 13, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »
Finally not an 6.5 +0.5 bonus :lol

Damnit Elite - wasn't planning to send Obsidian Kingdom, but those are some pretty awesome tunes  :tup

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #493 on: October 13, 2015, 01:04:08 PM »
Oh god yes, finally going good again - except really lower on the list  :lol
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #494 on: October 13, 2015, 01:07:39 PM »
heartbreaking moment: Sacul almost had an 8.5, but not quite
another moment of "wish I had quarter scores"

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #495 on: October 13, 2015, 01:13:53 PM »
Some of the vocals in Sikth border on annoying for me as well, though most of the time I really enjoy them.

Also I had no idea it was a cover. Weird.

edit: Huh, Nick Cave, apparently. That's pretty cool. I like Sikth's version better, though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:19:15 PM by Shadow Ninja 2.0 »

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #496 on: October 13, 2015, 01:15:50 PM »
Yeah, that first second is atrocious... Glad you enjoyed the rest of the song though

I'll send my peaceful bit before the end of the night
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #497 on: October 13, 2015, 07:08:09 PM »
i didn't listen to the nick cave version yet but i prob will out of curiosity

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #498 on: October 13, 2015, 07:41:25 PM »
heartbreaking moment: Sacul almost had an 8.5, but not quite
:'(

Maybe you'll give it when you relisten it later  ;)

Offline 425

« Reply #499 on: October 13, 2015, 08:03:49 PM »
Oh well. At this point I'm just proselytizing. "Someone someday will share my appreciation for Blaze-era Iron Maiden!" and all that.

Working on this next round. May be the first one to repeat one of the artists that's eligible for resubmission, because I'm just that dumb. Then again maybe I won't be that dumb?
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2015, 08:08:53 PM »
I have actually heard of some of those bands.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2015, 08:38:10 PM »
Oh well. At this point I'm just proselytizing. "Someone someday will share my appreciation for Blaze-era Iron Maiden!" and all that.
You can send them in my v2 :P

Offline 425

« Reply #502 on: October 13, 2015, 08:58:07 PM »
Yeah prob will... I have several things that I just want to proselytize about that are not super likely to score well. Sort of like how you have to always send David Maxim Micic in every roulette.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline 425

« Reply #503 on: October 13, 2015, 08:58:19 PM »
I have actually heard of some of those bands.

Not mine though.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #504 on: October 13, 2015, 09:04:47 PM »
Sacul sign me up for your v2 so I can enter a lot of heavy stuff

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #505 on: October 13, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »
Yeah prob will... I have several things that I just want to proselytize about that are not super likely to score well. Sort of like how you have to always send David Maxim Micic in every roulette.
My goal is to convert him into a DTF fav. It's been tough, but I'm kind of getting there  :lol . Hope you're enjoying his stuff.

Sacul sign me up for your v2 so I can enter a lot of heavy stuff
You're in - expect to end on last place tho :neverusethis:

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #506 on: October 13, 2015, 11:08:54 PM »
perfect

anyways tomorrow is concert day for me so let's hopefully have a good time

also I'm listening to more of Mantiis right now and I feel like I wasn't even sent the best parts of this album, Last of the Light is absolutely stunning
it looks like I can get a copy of this for a pretty reasonable price too so you better believe i'm gonna be soon
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:14:00 PM by Parama »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: October 13, 2015, 11:59:27 PM »
Oh yes, that's an excellent album  :metal I think it's actually one long song split into 12 or so tracks.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #508 on: October 14, 2015, 12:01:18 AM »
yes, it is

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #509 on: October 14, 2015, 12:20:39 AM »
also I'm listening to more of Mantiis right now and I feel like I wasn't even sent the best parts of this album, Last of the Light is absolutely stunning
it looks like I can get a copy of this for a pretty reasonable price too so you better believe i'm gonna be soon

You weren't, to be honest. There's even better parts on the album like Last of the Light. Also I think the last three tracks or so, with that buildup are the end are completely mind-blowing. I sent you the first four on purpose thou, because I though it would be a perfect fit for this round (which, apparently it was, looking at thise scores). I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you will like the rest of the album as well! :)

Oh yes, that's an excellent album  :metal I think it's actually one long song split into 12 or so tracks.

It is one long song, split into 14 tracks (you were almost right there :p ). It felt kind of weird to only send parts of this whole somg, because I don't think I have ever not listened to the album in full. I figured Parama wouldn't accept a 42 minute song, so I chose to send him a small segment of the song instead.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #510 on: October 14, 2015, 12:26:17 AM »
regardless of how many tracks there are it's definitely something i'm gonna get before the end of the month  :lol
have one or two other things lined up to get too because i can never not be drowning in music lately apparently

still trying to digest the last batch of albums i got since it got all of 6 of them at once  :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #511 on: October 14, 2015, 06:08:38 AM »
I figured Parama wouldn't accept a 42 minute song, so I chose to send him a small segment of the song instead.

That's where you went wrong. Whenever there's an opportunity to send Parama an inordinately long song, you take it! :P
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #512 on: October 14, 2015, 08:37:33 AM »
Considering the points I got, I don't think I went wrong :)

Also Parama, thanks and kudos for those nice long write-ups!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #513 on: October 14, 2015, 10:05:48 AM »
Sent.
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #514 on: October 14, 2015, 11:38:25 PM »
still need 4 entries, I'll send out PMs tomorrow morning, too lazy right now

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #515 on: October 15, 2015, 01:36:47 AM »
Sent some tasty ambient.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #516 on: October 15, 2015, 01:48:05 AM »
I will send tonight or this afternoon, depending what time I'm back home from work.
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #517 on: October 15, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »
i have had no time to seek out new music on my own lately which is probably for the best, got Coheed's latest and TYS's EP alongside the 6 albums i'm still spinning pretty frequently, on top of going through a full round of roulette entries here most days
gosh music is great

Offline 425

« Reply #518 on: October 15, 2015, 05:49:44 PM »
I'm still down to a couple of things that I'm debating. Almost out of artists :lol

Will try to send tonight. I'm deciding whether I'm going to be dumb or be a plagiarist.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #519 on: October 15, 2015, 06:53:16 PM »
gonna be really annoyed if i end up having to wait three whole days between rounds since i usually get out results faster than that  :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #520 on: October 16, 2015, 02:03:40 AM »
Sending now, just going through some final options!
Squ

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #521 on: October 16, 2015, 03:02:05 AM »
I have immediate doubts after sending :lol
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #522 on: October 16, 2015, 06:46:17 AM »
Yeah no kidding, I don't quite have an enormous library of 'relaxing' music.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #523 on: October 16, 2015, 07:56:40 AM »
Hey guys I actually remember what I sent this time.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #524 on: October 16, 2015, 08:47:09 AM »
Yeah no kidding, I don't quite have an enormous library of 'relaxing' music.

Neither do I, so I just sent a black metal song by some obscure Norwegian band.
Squ