Author Topic: The Bastard Executioner  (Read 899 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
The Bastard Executioner
« on: August 19, 2015, 02:22:10 AM »
Since I really enjoyed Kurt Sutters Sons Of Anarchy i'm looking forward to his next show The Bastard Executioner. It premiers in a few weeks, it such a diffrent show from SoA but it sounds interesting.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Re: The Bastard Executioner
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 11:38:26 AM »
I watched the first 2 episodes. Just not good. Going no where and slow as hell.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 11:48:00 AM »
Oh that's sad to hear, haven't started watching myself yet.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 01:44:37 PM »
It looked super cheesy to me but I think for the first time in my life, I agree with Tick.  :P :heart

I loved SOA till the latter-half of the final season (and the ending really irked me to no end), so I was skeptical about this one but... It feels like Sutter just used any ounce of creativeness he had on SOA and TBE is just plain bad at times. Cheesy as I thought and sometimes more so, the acting is below subpar, and it really, truly feels like they're using gore and violence just to seem badass. I have nothing at all against some great gore and violence when its used right (hell, even if its just for fun like in many self-aware zombie films); but this really feels like a teenager created it and said "Dude this is so badass"!

So yeah, I think I'll just watch people's reactions to it and if it somehow makes a hard right and has some semblance of a good story and characters...maybe, but that's kind of like hoping Jemma wouldn't be a total cunt in SOA. It's just not gonna happen.  :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 02:44:39 PM »
It looked super cheesy to me but I think for the first time in my life, I agree with Tick.  :P :heart

Awww...that just made my day! :heart
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi