Author Topic: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD  (Read 9831 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
« Reply #280 on: June 05, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
I agree. First two seasons were relatively boring. The two hour premier of season three seemed to have introduced an interesting new angle and I was glad to see them grow a pair and kill off a core character (of importance)
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
  • Boom, Mr Boom
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »
Actually thought the last episode was pretty good, atleast it made the show a bit more interesting.
There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard.

/Ade Edmondson

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »
I like the direction they've taken the show thus far. Simply because it has a direction and they are doing it well. It was a good idea to break Strands character/story off to a separate Stoy like they have. He's a cool enough character to carry a 'stand alone' storyline

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2017, 09:53:03 PM »
Another solid episode. This series is really finding its place and is settling in to a nice vibe

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2017, 06:45:37 AM »
I loved that episode with Daniel, and the preview for next week looks killer too.  The Daniel and Strand Road Show.   :metal

• DTF.org Member
  • Boom, Mr Boom
« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2017, 03:37:33 PM »
Yea it's definitely more interesting than usual.  :tup
There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard.

/Ade Edmondson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2017, 01:46:55 AM »
I'm midway through season 2 and felt like I need to share an opinion because I'm boiling.
two things I never fuckin do, one I've already done and the second is what I'm here to do and I apologize in advance.
The two things are:
1. Continue watching something that I don't like, especially when it gets me to this level of aggravation. But my excuse is that I'm stranded somewhere for work now, my internet is not good enough for streaming or downloading anything and FTWD season 2 has already been on my hard drive for a long time.
2. Go into a thread that celebrates something and start shitting on it, I really don't like people who do that and I've never done it myself.
BUT GOOD FUCKIN GOD IS THIS SHOW SHIT. It's not shitty, it is shit. It oozes shit.
This show makes the main show looks like a fuckin masterpiece of writing, I need to apologize to Gimple in person and recommend him for the Noble prize in literature!
The characters are so badly written, it actually gives me a headache sometimes. 90% of their actions are either unjustifiable or illogical and the remaining 10% is plainly the worst choice you could have made in any given situation they face.
The actors are understandably just unable to make the best out of the scripts, but either way other than Curtis and not-Johnny-Depp; the rest of the cast are godawful, excruciatingly.
And btw, wasn't this show sold to us as something that would show us the beginning of the outbreak and how everything fell apart? how much did we see of that really?! How quickly did this show turn into the main show but with a different group?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

• DTF.org Member
  • Boom, Mr Boom
« Reply #287 on: June 23, 2017, 03:40:06 AM »
It's fair to say that there was quite a bit of talk about the quailty of season 2 in this thread.  :lol I say if you survive all the way through S02, there's some shining light in S03 but don't expect it in the first episode.  :P Honestly, the recent episodes have been probably the best of the entire show.

/Ade Edmondson

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #288 on: July 09, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »
What a mid season finale! This show is pretty friggin awesome right now. I love how they've really found a groove with this season. Very excited for the second half of the season.

Online Grappler

« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2017, 06:47:33 AM »
I'm really happy with the season so far - the finale was full of tension and unexpected moments.  Looking forward to the back half of the season now! 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2017, 07:51:31 AM »
I think it'd be very interesting to see them gradually turn Madison into a 'Governor' or 'Neegan' type character. Rather than have her group always be the 'good' guys.....she ultimately becomes the 'bad' guy all the while justifying it through doing it for the better of her family and the people she's protecting.

They've spoken about it before to where had we followed Neegan's crew around for 5 seasons you'd have thought Rick's group were the bad guys given what they'd done to Neegans men. It's all about perspective. That's why I think it'd be neat to see them lead Madison's character down that road....it'd be different yet interesting.

But thus far...this season of FTWD has been pretty dang great and dare I say on par or better than TWD.....

Online Grappler

« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2017, 08:38:48 AM »
That would be an interesting twist, especially since the main show follows a group that will always be the "good guys" in the viewer's eyes, justifying their actions for the safety of the group.  The mid-season finale did address it a little with the skeleton buried under the house and Nick/Alicia trying to convince Madison that there have to be lines that aren't crossed, but she's willing to cross them based on her backstory. 

I don't know if it would work though - the lines are always blurred, especially in this story.  Who is good and who is bad?  Jeremiah had it right - he who holds the land, owns the land.  Is it wrong for the Native Americans to try to take back the land now that there is no law and order in the world since they were wronged years ago?

It's pretty clear that Madison is now the leader and decision maker (which I love - I'm glad that SOMEONE finally stepped up on this show and is doing what needs to be done), though she'll probably lead through Jake and Troy, since they are the family that leads the ranch.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: September 10, 2017, 08:45:09 PM »
I must say I just watch this one while I wait for The Walking Dead to come back on.
But it did seem to improve before the mid season break. Actually looking forward to watching it later after work!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #293 on: September 10, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
This season has been terrific and it hasn't stopped. Great mid season premier that sets in motion plenty of believable conflict. It feels like this show is reallly getting its footing.

Online Grappler

« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2017, 08:55:18 AM »
I'm really happy with this season.  I like the idea that water has become the big ticket commodity in these desert areas.  You don't get that in the main show, since it's set in rural Georgia or the eastern US, where it is plentiful.  It's also allowing these characters that were split off to finally reunite.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #295 on: September 11, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »
It was great opener. Though I do wish they would kill off the daughter, is she just there as eye candy for you guys?!
Nick seems like he has put on a bit of weight, which is probably good, he did look quite emaciated for a while.
Even if he was portraying an ex junkie. Look forward to seeing where it does from here...  :corn

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »
Yet another solid episode. Great action, great story going on. Really like this season.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: Today at 03:57:11 PM »
^^^^Too True .. Looking forward to the last 3 episodes to see where it goes from here.