Author Topic: Game of Thrones s8 or Avengers Endgame?  (Read 5576 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Game of Thrones s8 or Avengers Endgame?
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2019, 05:47:40 AM »
Game of Thrones easily. But then again if this thread was titled "Grass growing or Avengers movie" I would have chosen grass growing, also easily.

This applies to me as well  :lol

Having now seen Season 8 of GOT and still having not seen Avengers, I'd like to change my vote to Avengers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:32:23 AM by Chino »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2019, 05:55:02 AM »
Game of Thrones, easily.

I must be one of the few people in this world who doesn't give a flying crap about comic book/superhero/etc. movies.  I have never seen any of the Batman films.  Not a single one.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2019, 06:24:14 AM »
Avengers because, if I had to guess, Endgame is probably going to end on a slightly more positive note and leave me feeling more warm and fuzzy inside.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2019, 08:42:39 AM »
Game of Thrones, easily.

I must be one of the few people in this world who doesn't give a flying crap about comic book/superhero/etc. movies.  I have never seen any of the Batman films.  Not a single one.

What is it like to be proud of not liking fun things? You're missing out on some very good cinema by not at the very least watching The Dark Knight but that's your prerogative
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2019, 05:30:57 PM »
Game of Thrones, easily.

What is it like to be proud of not liking fun things? You're missing out on some very good cinema by not at the very least watching The Dark Knight but that's your prerogative

Where did I say I was proud of not giving a crap about those kind of movies?

I'll hang up and listen.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2019, 06:20:08 PM »
Game of Thrones, easily.

Where did I say I was proud of not giving a crap about those kind of movies?

I'll hang up and listen.

Game of Thrones, easily.

I must be one of the few people in this world who doesn't give a flying crap about comic book/superhero/etc. movies.  I have never seen any of the Batman films.  Not a single one. I am sooooo proud of not giving a crap about those kinds of movies.

:corn
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2019, 06:22:48 PM »
 :lol

Kev, I'm sorry for coming off so mean in that post. I do genuinely think you're missing out. For example my old man couldn't care less about superheroes yet loves The Dark Knight and especially Heath Ledger in that, so it's not just for people who want to see guys in spandex doing flips  :lol
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 06:28:47 PM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Adami

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2019, 07:30:54 PM »
How about this for a twist....

EVERYONE dies at Winterfell. Everyone who is there.

That way the last 3 episodes force the audience to side with Cersei as the main protagonist.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2019, 10:12:21 PM »
Just finished Endgame, the Battle Of Winterfell has a tough chore in topping that one.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2019, 11:40:37 PM »
Game of Thrones lost its way and fell off the cliff after the series outpaced the original books. Endgame all the way.

And yes, I am a GoT fan. I actually did music for this even though I was not available for the music video shoot. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wY1hb9TrvU

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2019, 09:49:30 AM »
Game of Thrones, definitely. I’ll be seeing the Avengers movie today and enjoy the films, but I’m not as invested in the characters as I am with GoT.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2019, 10:17:49 AM »
Game of Thrones, definitely. I’ll be seeing the Avengers movie today and enjoy the films, but I’m not as invested in the characters as I am with GoT.

This is me. I saw ‘Endgame’ last night. REALLY good movie. But, I’m more invested in the GOT. Ha Rackers than I was the Marvel ones.

Even without seeing it yet I’m predicting I’ll enjoy the Battle of Winterfell more than the Endgame battle as I like the ‘grit’ of the GOT Battle scenes more than The CGI heavy Endgame feel. But that Endgame battle was awesome.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2019, 08:57:00 AM »
Even without seeing it yet I’m predicting I’ll enjoy the Battle of Winterfell more than the Endgame battle as I like the ‘grit’ of the GOT Battle scenes more than The CGI heavy Endgame feel. But that Endgame battle was awesome.

My prediction remains true and it just has to do with I'm more investing in the GOT characters than I am any of the Marvel ones. And, I prefer watching the GOT style of battle over the Marvel universe style of battle. As I said...I like the 'grit' of 'real' battles over the CGI feel.....

Offline Adami

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2019, 02:33:49 PM »
So now that it's been a few days/hours since I've seen them....

I REALLY enjoyed watching Endgame. And the more I thought about it after, and read about it, the more I loved it.

I really enjoyed watching The Long Night. And the more I thought about it after and read about it, the more meh I've become.

We'll see how the last three episodes are.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Volante99

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »
Endgame without question. Started weak, but ended amazingly. Perfectly satisfying conclusion.

GoT started really tense and then well...”Jumped” the shark, for me, so to speak.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2019, 10:23:22 PM »

My prediction remains true and it just has to do with I'm more investing in the GOT characters than I am any of the Marvel ones. And, I prefer watching the GOT style of battle over the Marvel universe style of battle. As I said...I like the 'grit' of 'real' battles over the CGI feel.....

Same with me. Endgame was good but didn’t quite live up to the hype, IMO. Not as powerful or as intense as last nights GoT episode.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2019, 10:50:21 PM »

I REALLY enjoyed watching Endgame. And the more I thought about it after, and read about it, the more I loved it.

I really enjoyed watching The Long Night. And the more I thought about it after and read about it, the more meh I've become.

The problem with The Long Night is that it had an Avengers ending, not a GoT ending.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2019, 11:33:08 PM »

The problem with The Long Night is that it had an Avengers ending, not a GoT ending.

Wow. That’s actually a perfect way of expressing what I’ve been feeling.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2019, 04:45:05 AM »
Endgame won this duel without a shadow of a doubt.   Obviously GoT has more to come, but Battle of Winterfell fall short of my expectation, whereas Endgame was a real surprise in terms of where the story went, and it was awesome.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2019, 04:53:06 AM »
Endgame won this duel without a shadow of a doubt.   Obviously GoT has more to come, but Battle of Winterfell fall short of my expectation, whereas Endgame was a real surprise in terms of where the story went, and it was awesome.
Yep, same. Endgame was so satisfying.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2019, 09:45:05 AM »
Having now watched Endgame, the only answer to this is Endgame.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2019, 04:32:08 AM »
I think now enough time has passed to digest this properly - and Endgame won easily.   While Endgame isn't my favorite MCU film, it happily sits in the top five and brought a hugely satisfying conclusion to the Infinity Stones arc.  It also managed that rare thing of being surprising, I didn't see many people predicting how the film would play out before release.

GoT Season 8 - well there has been enough written about it (and I suspect will continue being written about for years).  The best thing I can say is it did wrap things up in a semi satisfying (if wholly uninspired) way.   However the execution was baffling inept and to say it felt rushed would be an understatement.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2019, 06:05:00 AM »
Imagine if Hawkeye would have jumped out of nowhere to sneakily kill Thanos  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »
I fell asleep during Endgames and S08 kind of killed the whole show for me i'm sad to say. Still love the earlier seasons but with that in mind I now vote:

Neither

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2019, 03:46:19 PM »
Still with GOT. For as much grief as it got and me even agreeing with a small portion of them, I enjoyed the ending of that series.

Endgame IMO wasn't as good as Infinity War. Infinity War was far and away 'better' in my eyes as Endgame seemed a bit long and drawn out and a little over the top at some points. It was pretty good....and satisfying....but for me it was a bit gluttonous.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2019, 03:53:14 PM »
I agree that Infinity War was "better" than Endgame.  But I also don't view that as a problem.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »
I agree that Infinity War was "better" than Endgame.  But I also don't view that as a problem.

Yeah. It’s hard to describe I guess what I was meaning as I still think Endgame was a cool movie.

Offline 1upmushroom

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2019, 09:57:57 PM »
GOT hands down, warts (S8) and all. I still enjoyed the acting and the visuals in spite of the botched writing / editing already extensively covered in several threads.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2019, 10:53:14 PM »
I give it to Endgame, no question, and I'm surprised this is even a question.

Yes, maybe the movie was a bit too long in some spots, but what a satisfying conclusion to the Saga. I could not say the same for S8 GoT. So many questionable decisions made in that season.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2019, 07:22:22 AM »
I had no problems with the run time of Endgame.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2019, 07:34:03 AM »
One big reason I put Endgame over Infinity War is because that first big Wanda/Vision scene is just sooo freaking dull. They ruined the Cap reveal in all the commercials and trailers and that should've been the biggest moment of that whole scene, but it was ruined - ROONED! - well before the movie came out. And Wanda/Vision as a couple just does nothing for me, I don't believe anything about their relationship and Vision is just a cornball character (although his doubledeath freaked me out and I thought was awesome).