Author Topic: For a DTF without swearing  (Read 7840 times)

Offline Cable

Re: For a DTF without swearing
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2015, 09:01:31 PM »
---

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2015, 09:39:16 PM »
I've created a censored edition of Train of Thought.
The words "fuck", "fucking", "shit", "balls", and others, have been modified.
I hired another singer to resing these parts in the songs with euphemisms.

Examples...
"I wish I weren't so fucked" is now "I wish I had some luck"
The word Shit has been replaced with poop, except in this Dying Soul, where it's replaced with "feel".
The word Balls has been replaced with Rocks.
"Fucking" is undetermined, accepting suggestions.

In order to stop the bad language of this place, we need to start with the root, which is DT lyrics.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2015, 09:43:45 PM »
What's wrong with the word balls? Sure he wasn't talking about tennis balls, maybe a baseball? Basketball? Stop assuming shit .

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2015, 09:46:26 PM »
thread of the fucking year.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2015, 01:05:17 AM »
thread of the fucking year.

Fucking 'A' right bro...

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2015, 01:16:24 AM »
In order to stop the bad language of this place, we need to start with the root, which is DT lyrics.

DT's lyrics are the root of all evil.
Obviously we can't change DT's lyrics, as that's already done and in the past. I think the only clear solution here is to distance the forum from DT altogether, perhaps just become a general music/prog forum instead (and maybe have one token DT thread, but we can label it as NSFW).
Some people may not be happy with this solution, but if they don't like it, they can start their own damn DT forum.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2015, 01:36:27 AM »

Obviously we can't change DT's lyrics, as that's already done and in the past. I think the only clear solution here is to distance the forum from DT altogether, perhaps just become a general music/prog forum instead (and maybe have one token DT thread, but we can label it as NSFW).
Some people may not be happy with this solution, but if they don't like it, they can start their own damn DT forum.

I really hope you do not eat your own words, here, if the improbable happened and their new DT forum somehow becomes more popular than this beautiful forum.  :omg:

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2015, 01:44:32 AM »

I give this idea a 5 out of 8.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2015, 05:13:24 AM »

I give this idea a 5 out of 8.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2015, 06:49:41 AM »
Goddammit
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2015, 07:00:12 AM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2015, 04:39:11 AM »
Yep, indeed DT is the real root of all evil.
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jordan-rudess-on-next-dream-theater-album-fans-will-find-what-we-have-been-working-on-interesting/#sRKi2C7UW8P4kH0Z.99

Jordan Rudess just said "fucking". We need to stop swearing, you guys.
We have to send letters to him and make him Politess, not Rudess, because he just inspired fucking swearing on asspeople.
Ty for following the update.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2015, 04:50:59 AM »
Now that's what I call a fucking update.  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2015, 07:18:33 AM »

I get it!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 03:28:39 PM »
The problem I see with your idea, Blob, is that this won't change anything.
If you take this alreadyrotten community and create another bloody forum about prog, then you'll just leave space for another rude DT community to spawn, because the root is still there.
Besides, the priority is to change the already existing one and avoid the use of the following words: Ass, Bitch, Faggot, Fuck, Fucking, Crap, Bloody (and all of the previous's derivatives). Cunt, prick, etc etc.
I think that with all working together this can change!
Jatruccyundessgini

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »
How dare you use ect, ect!  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 04:02:18 PM »
While we are at it, we should ban all forms of hurtful language. If someone posts an idea, we should not be allowed to challenge it or point out its obvious inherent flaws. Instead, we must circlejer... uh, I mean, sing its praises, and not allow any criticism to seep through. After all, ideas are sacred, and we don't want to offend anyone who easily confuses attacks on ideas as an attack to their very persons, do we?

I pledge my full support to this noble cause.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »
I mean I get that you're not being serious, but I'm honestly kinda in the dark about what the joke actually is. Maybe the joke is that there isn't a joke at all? idk

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2015, 04:05:49 PM »
I mean I get that you're not being serious, but I'm honestly kinda in the dark about what the joke actually is. Maybe the joke is that there isn't a joke at all? idk

I saw it as a satirical view of Social Justice Warriors and the sorts of things they tend to say
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2015, 04:20:52 PM »
Who the fuck cares about the joke?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2015, 04:24:50 PM »
Who the fuck cares about the joke?

There was a joke?

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »

I saw it as a satirical view of Social Justice Warriors and the sorts of things they tend to say

Ah, I suppose that's a reasonable guess. I just haven't really seen anything of that nature here on DTF, which I guess is where my confusion stems from.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2015, 04:35:19 PM »
fuk this thread

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2015, 04:37:40 PM »
You think this is a fucking joke?
I'm shit serious, holy crap, this must be an entirely respectful society and has to follow the fundamentals of educative and serving thing.
Since music is appealing to younger audiences as well, my crusade also extends to PLEASE open a whole section that is dedicated to children in the education and appreciation of music. This has to be the first step in ridding this forum of your miswording.

While we do this, EVERYONE SHOULD FIND EVERY SINGLE OF THEIR PREVIOUS POSTS AND EDIT THEM, REMOVE ALL SWEARING OR INAPPROPIATE WORDS AND REPLACE THEM WITH SOMETHING MORE HUMANIZED.

Go on! Brave soldiers!
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »
You think this is a fucking joke?
I'm shit serious, holy crap, this must be an entirely respectful society and has to follow the fundamentals of educative and serving thing.
Since music is appealing to younger audiences as well, my crusade also extends to PLEASE open a whole section that is dedicated to children in the education and appreciation of music. This has to be the first step in ridding this forum of your miswording.

While we do this, EVERYONE SHOULD FIND EVERY SINGLE OF THEIR PREVIOUS POSTS AND EDIT THEM, REMOVE ALL SWEARING OR INAPPROPIATE WORDS AND REPLACE THEM WITH SOMETHING MORE HUMANIZED.

Go on! Brave soldiers!
I'm with you on this. First they hear about all those 'asses and balls', next thing you know, our kids are murderers.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »
Ah! Asses and balls.
You know, I've always considered that MP was a risk to out society, which is why I think MM is better.
Rather than that, it incites them to coprophagia and thus, is another way of misleading people.
However, that is another form of swearing which is no longer at Dream Theater, so it's not an issue.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2015, 07:07:17 AM »
How dare you use ect, ect!  :lol
What the fuck is ect ect
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2015, 08:47:18 AM »
Ect Ect sounds like some horrible fish I ate last Thursday.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:50 AM »
Ecky Ecky Patang Neeeerwom !!!

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2016, 04:43:50 AM »
I still have faith in this. Got a long time without hearing anything from shitswearing Train of Thought.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2016, 04:48:44 AM »
I still have faith in this. Got a long time without hearing anything from shitswearing Train of Naught.
What the fuck are you on about?
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2016, 04:52:26 AM »
I still have faith in this. Got a long time without hearing anything from shitswearing Train of Naught.
What the fuck are you on about?

Of course you had to swear, you have 2/3 of that profanity's name in your username. Oh wait... It is you... So you wrote that!?
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2016, 05:06:37 AM »
Well I never swear, so this thread definitely doesn't pertain to me.   :angel: