Author Topic: Is it possible to remove drums from a song?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
Is it possible to remove drums from a song?
« on: July 24, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »
Hey guys is this possible? I'm trying to  create drum covers of haken. I know DT covers are on jammit but nothing for haken,

Can anyone provide help?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Is it possible to remove drums from a song?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 11:12:01 PM »
Drums are a hard one because they cover a lot of stereo and frequency range. Without a mulitrack, about the best I can think of is to use any kind of karaoke/vocal remove tool, which will remove bass/snare, and some of the rest, but will also affect the vocals and some of the rest of the instruments.
Or you could try to find a MIDI (from a Guitar Pro file or something) and disable the drum track and play along with that.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Is it possible to remove drums from a song?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 02:00:39 PM »
Drums are a hard one because they cover a lot of stereo and frequency range. Without a mulitrack, about the best I can think of is to use any kind of karaoke/vocal remove tool, which will remove bass/snare, and some of the rest, but will also affect the vocals and some of the rest of the instruments.
Or you could try to find a MIDI (from a Guitar Pro file or something) and disable the drum track and play along with that.

I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a midi file for a haken song haha, I'll search around for midi files soon, cheers blob!