Author Topic: It finally happened. Who wants to touch me?  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: It finally happened. Who wants to touch me?
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »
How are you just now watching these movies?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 11:20:27 PM »
How are you just now watching these movies?

They just finally removed the rock last week, so now he's free to live wherever he wants.

And screw this machete whatever. No order will make the PT viable or watchable or important. Watch the OT as intended, then if you really must, watch the others in order (which I doubt you'd feel compelled to given your opinion of the OT). Or just wait for VII.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 03:22:26 AM »
Episode II was decent and Episode III was, despite some flaws, genuinely good overall. I think the Machete order sounds like a good idea.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 05:49:08 AM »
I know some people defend the lightsaber battles of the prequel movies, but even those are dull.

The main problems are that everyone seems to have a lightsaber which takes away the mystique of it and the fights had almost no payoff to them. The frequency of them was the real killer and anything that may have been interesting (Yoda) turned out to be absolutely stupid.

Also I seem to be in the extreme minority but I really don't mind Episode 1 as much as most and find Episode 2 to be utter hot garbage. I can't think of a more forgettable movie that I've seen. If Chino should skip one, it's that one because I'm almost certain he could jump from 1 to 3 without really missing anything.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 06:11:20 AM »
Can someone explain to me why Obiwan let himself get killed?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 08:25:09 AM »
Can someone explain to me why Obiwan let himself get killed?

It isn't ever REALLY explained, but I think it was (1) he knew he could not beat Vader, (2) he knew he could be of more use to Luke once he crossed over into the afterlife.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 08:26:55 AM »
Also I seem to be in the extreme minority but I really don't mind Episode 1 as much as most and find Episode 2 to be utter hot garbage. I can't think of a more forgettable movie that I've seen. If Chino should skip one, it's that one because I'm almost certain he could jump from 1 to 3 without really missing anything.

As standalone movies, I agree with you.  But in terms of overall plot, II does actually have a lot that is important backstory for III-VI.  Ep. I does as well, but the vast majority of what is necessary is repeated, so you don't really miss anything by skipping it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
I finally was curious enough to open this thread.  Is it too late to touch Chino?  How about his girlfriend?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 11:39:53 AM »
I don't know about touching her,

But she would watch and thoughtfully smile as we all "touch" Chino
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 07:10:47 AM »
Why does Vader even bother with lightsaber fights when he can just choke people to death with his mind?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 07:44:26 AM »
I'm not sure how useful that trick would be against another Force-user (i.e. a Jedi).  Hence, the lightsaber.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 09:27:36 AM »
Settling things with a light saber duel was a callback to the days of chivalry when gentlemen would settle disputes by dueling with swords.  One could argue that Darth Vader wasn't a gentleman by any means, and being a super evil guy and all that, wouldn't necessarily play by the rules.  But I always liked that he had enough respect for his old master to settle things in the time-honored fashion, even if he planned on slicing the guy to pieces.