Author Topic: 2015-7-25 - Ramblin’ Man Fair (Maidstone, UK) ROLL CALL & REVIEW  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
Tickets Available At : https://www.ramblinmanfair.com/

Are you going?

Were you there?

Share your concert review and experience with other fans and the band!
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline metrojam

Re: 2015-7-25 - Ramblin’ Man Fair (Maidstone, UK) ROLL CALL & REVIEW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 09:06:40 AM »
Will be there :) looking forward to it.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 06:23:21 AM »
Well, I was in two minds about whether to go to this or not, but now I see the cheese-eating surrender monkeys have turned the M20 into a lorry park for the duration, I'm quite glad I decided not to go. My sympathies to anyone stuck in traffic trying to get to this!
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline metrojam

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 06:40:24 PM »
First the good news.....it stayed dry and there were no hold ups whatsoever in getting there (from the North anyway!)...Now the not so good news!!!....the length of DT's set!!!.....just under an hour!!! for the second to top of the bill act!....No Caught In A Web, Change of Seasons II,
About To Crash, Constant Motion or Wither!! Thought it was a bit of a p### take to be honest with you, although ALL the bands all day had short sets with long change over times between acts (an HOUR AND A QUARTER for the Scorpions following DT). Decent day out with some good bands but it they do it again next year, need a few less bands on each stage so that they can actually play some decent set lengths!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:38:12 AM by metrojam »

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 01:35:53 AM »
After reading that I am really glad I didn't go, so much for a UK exclusive.

Offline genome

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 04:05:03 AM »
That sounds no different to Sonisphere last year, which I thoroughly enjoyed. DT just aren't a festival band!

Offline hacko

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 05:45:27 AM »
MetroJam pretty much summed up my thoughts. The delay to switch over from DT to Scorpions was so long that we had to leave early or miss our train, so that definitely wasn't fun. Other than that, the organization of the event was good, although the way the different stages were set up meant that there was no way you could catch some bands sets completely (had to miss Haken to see DT properly, was barely able to catch 2 Anathema songs...)
Overall it was a good experience though, the place was relatively clean, the crowds were friendly, no annoying drunkards or mega pot-heads to be seen anywhere. The band was on point although from my POV right next to the BearGod the sound was so loud I could barely hear JLB.
I guess the TLDR; would be I had fun, but I'll be skipping the festival scene next year since there should be a DT new record tour.

Offline Gilly

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 03:21:37 PM »
I live locally and was over the moon that DT actually played my home town and enjoyed the whole day.  Hope the band enjoyed the visit, though no comparison with playing to 750,000 or whatever it was in Poland the other other night. 
Agree an hour is way too short for DT and there was an incredibly long wait at changeover for the Scorpions (they did about 1 hour 40 mins), so a pity DT not able to play a bit longer.
That said Ramblin Man is a new festival and certainly new to these  parts - crap luck that Operation Stack happened (it's still happening and driving everyone crazy here).  But a great setting, friendly staff and crowd, decent facilities, so hope it  and DT will come back again.  How about an evening with DT at Leeds Castle??

Offline Gabriel

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 01:29:46 PM »
I really enjoyed it. My first Dream Theater concert and they played a couple of my favourites. I didn't have any problem with travel since I went on the train so I wasn't affected by 'Operation Stack'. I liked the size of the festival. I agree that their set list was way too short. They didn't have much time for anything really. Although not many bands had very long sets, some of the prog bands hardly had time for 3 songs. I wouldn't complain about the Scorpions change over time though with that set up. I'm surprised they managed to do that in one and a half hours, and it was a great concert.

Apart from the set lengths it was an awesome festival and can't wait to see what they've got lined up next year.