Author Topic: Two More Anniversaries Coming Up in 2017...!...  (Read 8426 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Two More Anniversaries Coming Up in 2017...!...
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2015, 02:52:31 PM »
It just has the reputation of "not meeting the studio version standards", though I would much rather see Lie live than The Bigger Picture.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2015, 03:42:43 PM »

-Iron Maiden always has to play The Trooper near the beginning of the Show, and Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Number of the Beast, and Iron Maiden at the end of the set, or in the encore.

-Metallica always seems required to play Enter Sandman, One, and Master of Puppets, among others.

-Speaking of Metallica, on their last several tours they ALWAYS open with Creeping Death and For Whom the Bell Tolls, and close with Seek & Destroy as their encore. Imagine DT having to open EVERY show with Metropolis and Pull Me Under, and playing A Fortune in Lies for the encore.
Then everyone who gets sick of hearing the same songs over and over would REALLY have something to bitch about!

It would be better if Metallica would play one of the two RtL songs about 20-30 minutes into the set, and the other one closer to the end.

I think a good compromise might be that DT could play Pull Me Under at the end of the first set, and Metropolis could be switched could be switched out with a song like The Root of All as second-set closer and encore.

There are more examples, such as the way Rush used to close their shows with In the Mood, which I think is one of their WORST songs, or Genesis always playing Turn it on Again as their encore
First off, in Metallica's last tour, we got to vote which songs they played, so it was all up to the audience, and obviously the most popular songs were picked, all they did was create the best order, and Seek and Destroy is just a killer closing song, and Battery (has almost always been the opener last year) was an amazing opener.
When I went to see Maiden I don't believe they played Iron Maiden, Hallowed Be Thy Name or The Number of the Beast, and The Trooper was played somewhere in the middle. Sure, everyone's most popular song(s) get played more often during concerts, but that's always the smartest thing to do from their perspective, because it simply attracts the bigger part of the audience, but they're surely not obliged to play them on every single set.

First I want to say in regards to your last post, ToN, I'm glad you agree with me. I think I would have preferred EITHER BtV or StR to Lie or TBP.

I have to admit that I had forgotten about the voting thing that Metallica did, and also that they and Iron Maiden had done SOME mixing up of the order of their set-lists. But I looked up the set-lists for the last few tours and shows that both bands had played, and I still noticed that there are at least six songs by each band that are pretty much always there.

I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »
I have to admit that I had forgotten about the voting thing that Metallica did, and also that they and Iron Maiden had done SOME mixing up of the order of their set-lists. But I looked up the set-lists for the last few tours and shows that both bands had played, and I still noticed that there are at least six songs by each band that are pretty much always there.
Fair enough, it's probably unavoidable to play those extremely popular tracks because such big bands come with loads of people who do like their music but never got into the more obscure stuff.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2015, 12:52:06 AM »
Nobody wanted to see fucking Lie being played last tour, but they had to play it because it's part of Awake.
So instead of playing The Bigger Picture they played fucking Lie.

You wanted them to play "The Bigger Fucking Picture" when Lie, Behind the Veil, and Surrender to Reason are all MUCH better songs???

I would have them play BTV or STR instead of Lie. Hell, I would rather have them play fucking Raw Dog or Repentance as long as it's not Lie.
Jatruccyundessgini