Author Topic: Metropolis Pt. 1 has been confirmed for Rock Band 4 (releasing in October 2015)  (Read 4979 times)

Offline Shadow2222

Hi everyone. For the few of us here that enjoy the plastic instrument games, Metropolis Pt. 1 has been confirmed for Rock Band 4 on the official Rock Band twitter account: https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/620596454038507520

Rock Band 4 is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One (no 360 or PS3 versions) in October of this year, and will allow you to transfer your previous DLC from the same "console family" (i.e. 360 to Xbox One OR PS3 to PS4).

"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
I'm not into these games, but hopefully this gives DT some new exposure. Metropolis is a pretty safe and awesome choice as far as DT goes.

I get that Miracle Man solo is gonna be a bitch to play too.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Wonder what type of $$ the band members see from that? Or, is it the Record Company that gets any $$ from Rock Band for the rights?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TheCountOfNYC

I'm so excited for this. That instrumental section is gonna be a blast and a challenge to play and the rest of the song should be fun. It's even a decent song for vocals. I was hoping a DT song made the setlist and they picked the perfect one. I knew I was probably getting this game anyway but now I need it.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline yeah_93

This is great news! Sadly, I won't be able to play the game, but this song surely would be great to play.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
jesus christ Rock Band 4 is looking like the best damn setlist I've ever seen in a rhythm game holy christ

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Great news. Pity they didn't redesign the drum kit.

Offline RandalGraves

This gives me hope that Rock Band players will badger Harmonix about Pt. 2...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I'm not into these games, but hopefully this gives DT some new exposure. Metropolis is a pretty safe and awesome choice as far as DT goes.

I get that Miracle Man solo is gonna be a bitch to play too.

GOOOOOOOOTTTT BUSTED!! :metal

Very cool about DT.  Now to bust on my friends kids.  Go ahead, try that song. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Pretty cool. Should give DT some new exposure

Offline paulstfu

This is so cool! It will surely give the band exposure to new bands. I hope it becomes the "Though the fire and flames" of RB4, mostly because the odd time signatures on drums and the instrumental section. Sadly, I think I'll be unable to play the game or at least get a PS4/XBOX1  :|
Standing on the Wetbacks of angels (?)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
I've got the impression that the market for music video games isn't what it used to be, but cool news nevertheless!

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
Just read up on Rock Band 4, and there's no keyboard instrument?  That sucks.  Great exposure for DT though and well deserved!
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline mrrct

I'm not a video game guy (at least not since the early 2000s), but I did get a Wii as a gift for Christmas about four years ago and did have Rock Bands I, II, and Lego Rock Band.  It sucks if Nintendo isn't going to have an equivalent, but maybe I'll get to play Metropolis at my friend's house on Xbox 1.  I'm not into video games enough to invest in a new system, at least not for 1 game.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Good luck trying to play that solo section in Metropolis. :lol
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline abrandnewname

Oh my lord, this makes me very happy!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Gooonna be honest, it's not that hard by DT standards  :lol
Constant Motion brought us this monstrosity, anyways

Thinking it over, I would've preferred Take The Time 'cause that song just friggin' ROCKS for every instrument, aside from being literally flawless so

Offline Rodni Demental

I've got the impression that the market for music video games isn't what it used to be, but cool news nevertheless!

Yeah, it's because they saturated the market with too many releases. Funny how when RB announces a new game, GH jumps in again immediately. Let's hope they don't kill off their franchises again straight away.

Just read up on Rock Band 4, and there's no keyboard instrument?  That sucks.  Great exposure for DT though and well deserved!

They got rid of keyboard!?  :-[ That was my favourite part of Rock Band 3! And attempting to master (from barely being able to play) On The Backs of Angels on keys was some of the most fun I had with the game. Too bad the keyboard only had 2 octaves but yeah... I guess keys are just not cool.  :lol

They took out Pro mode for guitar as well which means... They're taking a huge step backwards. I mean the plastic guitar thing can be fun for a while, but the only way the series will have  lasting impact (IMO) is if they keep the real instruments (ala Rocksmith) that were introduced in RB3. It's possible the audience of these games actually doesn't want to learn a real instrument, they'd rather simulate the experience maybe that's why they dropped it? Or cause no one bought the new gear? I dunno. Nothing against the original basic idea of the game, but anyone that was trying to play the 'Pro' instrument modes in the other game is going to be incredibly disappointed that they're just going back to the old clickity plastic guitars.

At least 'Pro' mode still exists for the drums which introduces double kicks and some extra symbol attachments. And of course there's Metropolis, that'd be fun to try and drum or sing anyway. I might check this out. ;D

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Fuck yeah!!  I recently dug out my old rock band peripherals and have been thrashing it, there are some great DLC available, I've got a fuckload of Rush, Maiden and Megadeth jams that are lots of fun to play.  Looking forward to the new one and even more so now that there's a DECENT DT jam on there.  Eyyyyyyyyyy.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

:rollin :rollin :rollin
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
They got rid of keyboard!?  :-[ That was my favourite part of Rock Band 3! And attempting to master (from barely being able to play) On The Backs of Angels on keys was some of the most fun I had with the game. Too bad the keyboard only had 2 octaves but yeah... I guess keys are just not cool.  :lol

I'm not sure.  I only said that because Rock Band 4's Wikipedia page doesn't mention keys.  It says: Rock Band 4 will allow players to simulate playing of licensed music across many different decades and genres using instrument controllers that mimic playing lead and bass guitar, drums, and vocals.

Of course, that's just Wikipedia, so who knows.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Shadow2222

Yeah, they did drop Keys support.

They are basically self-publishing this time around (almost like an indie game developer), so they had to drop some of the lesser-used features such as Keys and Pro Guitar/Bass.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Nearmyth

This got me super excited. Used to be a huge fan and player of the rhythm game genre, and I'm not afraid to admit it was my first exposure to Dream Theater.

I always wanted more DT in Rockband, and I'm SUPER hyped to see they went with Metropolis. It'll be awesome :metal
"Now I'm not one to soon forget
And I bet I never will...

WAAHH WAAHH DIGA DIGA WAAHH WAAHH"

Offline Cable

^ Love hearing about new fans from the rhythm games.  ;D

This was a logical choice, and I feel the entire band difficulty will have 5 stars or whatever.
---

Offline Grizz

The exposure from Pull Me Under in Guitar Hero seemed to bring in more teen metalheads, who were encouraged by the fact that DT was very heavy at the time (BC&SL era).
I wonder if we'll see a rise of young metalheads at concerts again?
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Gooonna be honest, it's not that hard by DT standards  :lol

Thinking it over, I would've preferred Take The Time 'cause that song just friggin' ROCKS for every instrument, aside from being literally flawless so

The first keyboard/guitar unison after the 9/8 riff is fucking hard to play on guitar properly

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
yeah that part is the hardest part but by guitar hero/rock band standards it's not that fast and won't make for too tricky patterns in the 5-note format

a lot can get lost in the translation to plastic guitar, speed is generally the only challenge that gets preserved  :lol

Offline 54_diplomats

I'm so glad they're finally putting this song in the game. I actually requested that song for Rock Band 4 on their website when they announced the game.

Online kaos2900

As much as I want to play this song, I'm not dropping $250 for one song. The rest of set has not impressed me.

Offline The Presence of Frenemies

As DT songs go, it really isn't too difficult in a GH/RB context (at least on guitar). Bass solo will be fun.

Hardest guitar song would be TDS, easily.
Yeah, I have no idea what the cakeless person in that analogy is meant to be eating. If he's got some sort of cake substitute, it should really have been worked into the narrative at some point. As it stands, the options are:

• Hoard a cake just to stare blankly into its doughy edifice.
  • Make futile chewing motions with your mouth while starving to death.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Really? I thought ITNOG would be harder.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

How about TDEN for difficult? The main riff would have to be charted awkwardly for the five button format and the solo section is crazy.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
ITNOG's solo section would be nutso but the rest of the song is not that hard in a GH/RB sense.
TDS is pretty unrelenting and has the insane minute of straight shredding at the end, so yeah, it's prob the hardest DT song in a GH sense
TDEN sucks and its solos aren't that crazy in comparison

Offline The Presence of Frenemies

Yeah, definitely TDS. Ending is just too long to survive unless you're ridiculous. ITNOG's up there, but I managed to beat it when I made a DT-themed GH2. ITPOE(mostly the solo in 2) is another tough one. FT, Afterlife also up there. TDEN isn't really too bad, like mid-level.

Some of the live performances probably would be as hard or harder than TDS, like BTL at Budokan, Surrounded CiM. Maybe Hollow Years? Take The Time Live in Tokyo also is basically impossible.
Yeah, I have no idea what the cakeless person in that analogy is meant to be eating. If he's got some sort of cake substitute, it should really have been worked into the narrative at some point. As it stands, the options are:

• Hoard a cake just to stare blankly into its doughy edifice.
  • Make futile chewing motions with your mouth while starving to death.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Rock Band posted a quick preview of the drum chart on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153624472830209&id=19744285208

-MirrorMask