Author Topic: Happy 4th of July!!!!!!  (Read 3452 times)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: Happy 4th of July!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 12:47:53 AM »
Glad you are okay! I am so fucking over fireworks.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 02:42:02 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 04:41:03 AM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »
^
I could only stomach thirty seconds of that.  There's only a million things despicably wrong and ignorant about it (unless it is a phony set up). No telling what it would do to my wife with her heart condition.

gmiller...glad you had a near miss.  Fireworks are illegal in my state, yet it didn't stop the yahoos and their lowlife friends in our court from doing it this year (for some odd reason, they've done it the past three Labor Days).  They know it's illegal, they know the cops will visit, but they do it anyway.  We moved to this upscale neighborhood five years ago because of what it offers.  All it takes is one ignorant household  that doesn't care to ruin everyone's quality of life. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:05:36 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2016, 04:24:54 PM »

I must know who that woman is.

Edit: The Google-Fu is strong with me. It's Samantha Hoopes.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2016, 07:04:45 AM »
We had our first real fireworks scare this year. I have no clue how it happened, but a 500 gram repeater tip over 90 degrees and unloaded directly at the area where everyone was sitting. One charge blew right next to this woman's head. She got a good burn on her neck and her hair literally caught fire, and a buddy of mine had one go off about 6 inches from his dick. A huge bush tree thing caught fire in the front garden as well. It's been a dry last couple of weeks and this thing went up like a rag soaked in gasoline. It took a minute to get the hose going, so three of us grabbed the flaming thing and literally ripped it's roots out of the ground in order to pull it away from the house.

I was really pissed about the whole event as I'm always the one who buys the fireworks and lights most of them off. Admittedly, I lit the one that shot toward the crowd. I've always held this party at my parents' house, but we switched the location this year to my girlfriend's parents' house last minute. I always build a cinder block wall around the launch site, and when similar mishaps happened in the past, everything stayed contained. I was assured there'd be wall building materials I could use (her dad owns a paving company that does stone work as well), but there were none to be found. I'm glad no one got seriously fucked up seeing as all aerials are illegal in my state and any hospital trips are required by law to be reported to the police.

That being said, everyone at the party accepts the risk, and it won't stop us from doing the same thing next year.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2016, 10:59:50 AM »
Adults setting off amateur displays for the neighborhood, eh. Is that a regional thing or a recent thing? Never happened down here. Neighborhood kids would wander around setting off the cheap shit. Bottle rockets, jumping jacks, firecrackers and, uh, whatever we're supposed to call those things that pursue certain ethic minorities. Adults and older teenagers would all drive out to a lake or some other remote locale to get shit-faced and flaunt the risks of grave bodily harm.

As for the professional displays, those stopped being worth the hassle a few years ago. Used to be that there were displays all over Dallas at the larger city parks. Official displays, put on by the city. You were never more than 10 minutes away. Now they're all consolidated and thus nightmarish to deal with. Traffic jams start 6 hours before the first kaboom, and you just plan to spend an hour fighting traffic to get out. The display in Addison (population 15k) draws 400-500k each year. Fuck that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »
Happy belated 4th!  I love lighting off fireworks, but seems I am always empty by the time the 4th comes around.  However, I did have a few of these little bangers (M-150) for some loud fun.

The local firework show went off just in time as it started raining during the grand finale.  It also seemed like someone who lived close to the park was trying to get their own attention with their own small fireworks show.  A bunch of my neighbors were doing their own mini shows as well.  Next year I need to plan and actually have a good stock of fireworks because the ones I like to use were way better than any of my neighbors and I need to set things right on my street  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2016, 08:52:59 AM »
We had our first real fireworks scare this year. I have no clue how it happened, but a 500 gram repeater tip over 90 degrees and unloaded directly at the area where everyone was sitting. One charge blew right next to this woman's head. She got a good burn on her neck and her hair literally caught fire, and a buddy of mine had one go off about 6 inches from his dick. A huge bush tree thing caught fire in the front garden as well. It's been a dry last couple of weeks and this thing went up like a rag soaked in gasoline. It took a minute to get the hose going, so three of us grabbed the flaming thing and literally ripped it's roots out of the ground in order to pull it away from the house.

I was really pissed about the whole event as I'm always the one who buys the fireworks and lights most of them off. Admittedly, I lit the one that shot toward the crowd. I've always held this party at my parents' house, but we switched the location this year to my girlfriend's parents' house last minute. I always build a cinder block wall around the launch site, and when similar mishaps happened in the past, everything stayed contained. I was assured there'd be wall building materials I could use (her dad owns a paving company that does stone work as well), but there were none to be found. I'm glad no one got seriously fucked up seeing as all aerials are illegal in my state and any hospital trips are required by law to be reported to the police.

That being said, everyone at the party accepts the risk, and it won't stop us from doing the same thing next year.

Glad no one was severely injured Brian. Although the mishaps that I first encountered last year then witnessed this year were due to one irresponsible individual....it's completely transformed my desire to participate in amateur fireworks displays. I used to love being 'the guy' in charge of lighting them off because I felt like I had 'control' over the situation.

It's more apparent to me now that you might be able to 'control' a few things....having a buffer wall, hose...have them laid out and what not but those things can explode whenever they want. I've found my opinion on a host of things changing as I've grown older...and this is one of them. Outside of some small box fireworks and the smaller things, I'm pretty much 'retired' from participating in any big amateur displays. Just too dangerous at this point.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind