Author Topic: Happy 4th of July!!!!!!  (Read 3472 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Happy 4th of July!!!!!!
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:36:17 AM »
Cause 'Murica....

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Happy 4th of July!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 09:43:15 AM »
Goddamit...   :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 09:47:00 AM »
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:45:10 AM »

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 11:35:13 AM »
I'll be perched somewhere again this year in Pittsburgh, PA to get some fireworks shots. Should be fun!

Time lapse of fireworks I did last year:

https://youtu.be/yYrxKlf4-_Y

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 11:40:53 AM »
Happy Birthday America! I could never truly express the gratitude that I feel for the privilege of living here.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 11:49:48 AM »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »
:lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 11:56:07 AM »
;D
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 12:38:24 PM »
Happy Independence Day America!!

...And a big thank you to my bunch-o-greats grandfather who was born near Ceann Loch Gilbin in the Argyll area of Scotland in 1685; and was at the age of 23, "banished to the Kings plantations" for his part in an "attempted rebellion against the crown". He later fathered 12 sons. Five of which joined the battle with the Patriots against the Tories at the ages of 14, 15, 17, 22, and 26.

Huzzah! And God Bless America!  :metal

*cue the music*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ttDUGM-1mU
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 01:56:43 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »
Rich, that is the best!!

2 beers in and the burgers and chicken are grillin'!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 03:41:35 PM »
What's funny is, I saw the same flag earlier today, but it said "cunts" instead of colonials :lol

Was much more British that way.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 03:45:05 PM »

That's how I say my birthday, and it always confuses people.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
This is my 4th of July.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 06:05:09 PM »
Freedom is a joke. It doesn't ring. It never has.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 06:26:32 PM »

Who was that poster that used to post in PR who still believed in the British empire? I believe he called the US "the colonies" a few times as well.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 07:52:50 PM »
AndyDT!

Wow, haven't thought about him in a long time.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 09:54:44 PM »
And on that note, I will reiterate my annual stance that fireworks are freaking stupid.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
And on that note, I will reiterate my annual stance that fireworks are freaking stupid.

Especially for those of us who have family members with PTSD...  :-[
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 10:00:22 PM »
For sure. 

Every year, someone asks me to go watch fireworks, and every year, I conveniently have an excuse not to go. ;)  :biggrin:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 10:09:08 PM »
So my restaurant has a spectacular patio view of a good portion of the bay area, and of course we get hammered with people thinking it'll be a great place to watch the fireworks. And once again this year, the fog rolled in and fucked it all up.  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 10:10:30 PM »

As of tonight I am officially retired from firing fireworks. I've always been the guy that our family and now subdivision counts on to fire off the fire works show for everyone. I like doing it and it's something I've always enjoyed.

Well...tonight a 700 gram canister mortar blew up in the tube literally three feet in front of me. The only reason I am not hurt or lost my sight or whatever was by Gods grace. Not kidding this canister was one of the big boys that makes really neat colors and all that jazz but one of them decided just to explode without going up. Scared the living crap out of me....just a massive flash and debris and embers everywhere. Got burnt holes in my shirt...black pelt marks all over my chest...jeez...I am DONE. So thankful to not have been hurt.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 10:43:20 PM »
Happy 4th everyone!

In support of our Women's Team playing in the WWC final tomorrow...

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 10:53:18 PM »

As of tonight I am officially retired from firing fireworks. I've always been the guy that our family and now subdivision counts on to fire off the fire works show for everyone. I like doing it and it's something I've always enjoyed.

Well...tonight a 700 gram canister mortar blew up in the tube literally three feet in front of me. The only reason I am not hurt or lost my sight or whatever was by Gods grace. Not kidding this canister was one of the big boys that makes really neat colors and all that jazz but one of them decided just to explode without going up. Scared the living crap out of me....just a massive flash and debris and embers everywhere. Got burnt holes in my shirt...black pelt marks all over my chest...jeez...I am DONE. So thankful to not have been hurt.

https://twitter.com/fansince09

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 05:46:49 AM »

Holy shit balls!  Glad you got away with it.  I always thought neighbourhood fireworks were lame.  As a teenager, I was responsible for lighting them for our neighbourhood - how insane is that!  Never done them in our neighbourhood... I stick to only watching the pros.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 08:19:09 AM »

Holy shit, man! That is definitely scary stuff.  Glad you or anybody else weren't hurt. :coolio

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 09:19:23 AM »
The whole experience had a weird vibe from the get go. A couple neighbors showed up who were wasted (they had fired a ton off the night before) and they had lots of "advice" for me and the other two guys firing these off.

The guy who latched on to me was slur speech drunk and couldn't stop talking about how we should fire these mortars off. Kept telling me about him being a Marine and doing two tours in Afghanistan....which I appreciate....but it was annoying as all hell.  I had (6) tubes for the (6) different brands of mortars we had and was perfectly fine with doing it all in my own but he infused himself into the process. I didn't feel like starting an argument with a drunk 6'-4"ish Mari e so I just let him join in.

Well, once I started firing them off he was just loading one after another at such a rapid pace. I had (60) total to shoot off so I was fine with the pace but thinking back on it (I couldn't fall asleep last night I was so freaked out...a lot of "what if's going on) I'm not to sure that dude didn't put the wrong mortar in the wrong tube? Those tubes are generally the same size but prior to shooting off as I tested each one by sliding mortars in and out....some were easy to see they belonged in a certify tube. Plus, when I load a tube I give it a test to make sure it slides good.

Anyway, this thing blows to pieces and as I said earlier it was just insane how big this flash of light and debris was.....I was freaked out. This guy, Scott....says "C'mon...that was nothing. Let's go...keep going"  I'm like "that thing just blew up! Hit me all over the chest with chunks of crap,?" He's like "I seen worse in Afghanistan....that was nothing.." I didn't say anything but was thinking "So friggin what....I haven't and that just scared the  :censored out of me!"

It's the morning after and I'm not as freaked out now but I'm still retiring from shooting fireworks off like that.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 11:04:33 AM »
Damn bro, glad you're ok.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 11:17:38 AM »
Damn Gary.  Glad your ok.  I watch but always stay clear of them lighting. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 11:16:39 AM »
The whole experience had a weird vibe from the get go. A couple neighbors showed up who were wasted (they had fired a ton off the night before) and they had lots of "advice" for me and the other two guys firing these off.

The guy who latched on to me was slur speech drunk and couldn't stop talking about how we should fire these mortars off. Kept telling me about him being a Marine and doing two tours in Afghanistan....which I appreciate....but it was annoying as all hell.  I had (6) tubes for the (6) different brands of mortars we had and was perfectly fine with doing it all in my own but he infused himself into the process. I didn't feel like starting an argument with a drunk 6'-4"ish Mari e so I just let him join in.

Well, once I started firing them off he was just loading one after another at such a rapid pace. I had (60) total to shoot off so I was fine with the pace but thinking back on it (I couldn't fall asleep last night I was so freaked out...a lot of "what if's going on) I'm not to sure that dude didn't put the wrong mortar in the wrong tube? Those tubes are generally the same size but prior to shooting off as I tested each one by sliding mortars in and out....some were easy to see they belonged in a certify tube. Plus, when I load a tube I give it a test to make sure it slides good.

Anyway, this thing blows to pieces and as I said earlier it was just insane how big this flash of light and debris was.....I was freaked out. This guy, Scott....says "C'mon...that was nothing. Let's go...keep going"  I'm like "that thing just blew up! Hit me all over the chest with chunks of crap,?" He's like "I seen worse in Afghanistan....that was nothing.." I didn't say anything but was thinking "So friggin what....I haven't and that just scared the  :censored out of me!"

It's the morning after and I'm not as freaked out now but I'm still retiring from shooting fireworks off like that.

Same asshat who tried to blow my face off last year for the subdivision fireworks display was 'in charge' of the display this year. He caught a massive tent on fire which subsequently led to the fireworks (that he had stacked together all in one spot) igniting and going off all at once. It was insane looking. I ran down to the area after they stopped firing expecting to see guys with missing hands or burns but they all fled to safety. Then that asshat yells at me and the other couple guys who ran down to get out of there.....that everything was fine....like he was as actually mad we came running down to them.

Such a D Bag and he's lucky he didn't hurt anyone.

Friends of a neighbor caught it on video. Around the 1:00 mark:

https://youtu.be/A4TMhE_Qq_E

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 11:20:48 AM »
I've NEVER had things happen like they did last year and then this year and I started shooting fireworks off when I was 13 or 14? So 25 plus years of extensive exposure to fireworks without major incident then two years in a row of major catastrophe with this clown involved.