Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 90930 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »
Here's the thing... I like to leave my expectations on the floor.  Makes it a lot easier for my team (or any situation really) to exceed them.  The joys of being in sales - set expectations low; deliver high.  Runs into my real life... I expect very little - especially when it comes to the Leafs.

I shall adopt this mantra this season for the Blues. I'll watch some games....see some highlight reel goals from Tarasenka....couple good saves from Allen or Elliot and a fight or two. But I'm going to try and avoid getting sucked back in to that abusive relationship for as long as possible.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2015, 09:41:16 AM »
If they're performing well (ie, Top 5 in the West), I give it 5 weeks.   :D :D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2015, 03:43:53 PM »
Well, two fun bits from today.

1. Raffi Torres suspended 41 games, 3rd longest suspension in league history.

2. Andrew MacDonald waived by the Flyers. When he clears, his 5m salary will be greater than the entire rest of the AHL Phantoms.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2015, 04:07:03 PM »
Well, two fun bits from today.

1. Raffi Torres suspended 41 games, 3rd longest suspension in league history.

That's not a surprise from a chippy player like Raffi.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2015, 04:49:57 PM »
That is HUGE. Glad to see the DoPS put their foot down. This suspension will hopefully ensure no other GM wants anything to do with him. He doesn't deserve a place in the league.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
I really don't think Raffi was headhunting with that hit, and while I think he should definitely be suspended either way, 41 games is insane. We'll see plenty of other hits just like that this season and they'll get a baby slap on the wrist. I get that he's a repeat offender but if you watch that hit from better angles, it's not as bad as the jumbo tron video made it out to be. Still a bad hit, but yeah that's how I feel.
Other than that I'm really digging the Sharks lineup for offense. I guess we'll have to see if Donskoi sticks around or if he's just here to get a few games in before being sent back down but Donskoi with the two Joes is utter sexiness.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2015, 05:47:29 PM »
41 games is closer to being too few rather than too much. No matter what, he will always be attempting to injure other players when on the ice. He's done it time and time again. He should be removed from the league, but that wouldn't happen. 41 games will at least be enough to ensure no one takes a chance with him again.

We'll see plenty of other hits just like that this season and they'll get a baby slap on the wrist.
That's because Torres is a special case. He's gotten a 25 game suspension, and still didn't learn from that. He should be punished accordingly. He's a piece of shit.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2015, 07:13:42 PM »
After watching that hit again, man I just want him not on the team. Even though I think he just tries to impress to hard and is stupid at hitting, he's just a waste of roster space in the NHL now.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2015, 02:26:59 PM »
Wow he's not even gonna appeal. Honestly pretty shocked about that.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2015, 09:18:25 PM »
The first goal of the NHL season was certainly an interesting one. Bernier didn't even see it. Was it just me or was he getting interfered with a lot tonight?
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2015, 12:45:01 AM »
Oh how I loved watching tonight's game. That hit from Brown on Cootch was absolutely ridiculous and if he's not suspended the NHL organization is full of shit. Was so relieved that Couture wasn't injured from that, and later came back to lay that beast hit on Lucic.

Sharks looked fresh as heck tonight, and I hope to see them continue the freshness!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2015, 09:04:20 PM »
If they're performing well (ie, Top 5 in the West), I give it 5 weeks.   :D :D

Took until Tarasenkos goal in the second period. Dag Nabbit!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2015, 09:05:19 PM »
Yep, it didn't take me long to get sucked back in either. :lol :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2015, 09:12:05 PM »
Sucked to lose, but the Flyers and Bolts introduced the league to 3v3 tonight, and holy hell, talk about upping the number of heart attacks this season!
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »
Sucked to lose, but the Flyers and Bolts introduced the league to 3v3 tonight, and holy hell, talk about upping the number of heart attacks this season!

Is it literally just one scoring chance after another?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2015, 09:21:24 PM »
Yep, it didn't take me long to get sucked back in either. :lol :lol

They promised me it'd be different this time...... :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2015, 10:12:54 PM »

Is it literally just one scoring chance after another?

This one absolutely was, yes.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2015, 11:44:52 PM »
Seems like Dustin Brown is just going to be talked to. Absolute fucking bullshit. If you're going to suspend a guy for half a season ( very deservedly so) how can you just ignore that absolute piece of shit hit that Brown laid out on Couture? You can't just set a precedent that makes it clear dirty hits are a no fucking go, and then just wave that one off, it was such a cheap and dangerous shot. Couture was even bleeding from the face after it, and still Brown gets to walk away like the complete piece of shit that he is.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2015, 10:10:16 PM »
Seems like Dustin Brown is just going to be talked to. Absolute fucking bullshit. If you're going to suspend a guy for half a season ( very deservedly so) how can you just ignore that absolute piece of shit hit that Brown laid out on Couture? You can't just set a precedent that makes it clear dirty hits are a no fucking go, and then just wave that one off, it was such a cheap and dangerous shot. Couture was even bleeding from the face after it, and still Brown gets to walk away like the complete piece of shit that he is.
Agreed. Brown needed discipline for that. So lame.

Also, Chucky + Eller + Semin is proving to be a great line! Hopefully this continues. :)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2015, 12:09:52 AM »
Artemi Panarin got another goal tonight. Out of all the rookies this year, he's the one I've been following with the most excitement. Glad to see he's off to a swell start.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2015, 09:49:06 PM »
Rangers: lose three straight with two of those games being to the mediocre Jets and Devils with Hank in net. Go on to shut out a good Sharks team with Raanta in net. Because that makes perfect sense.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2015, 10:00:36 PM »
Sharks have a lot of  injuries right now, and the lines have been switched up a lot so there wasn't much chance for the team to build chemistry with these sudden line changes. Good win for the Rangers, but it's not like the Sharks were close to full strength tonight. Missing Cooch, Donskoi, Martin, and Smith really hurt the team. Hopefully the others beside Cooch return soon because we need them and hopefully Cooch has as swift a recovery as he can.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2015, 10:45:19 PM »
Still waitin for Babcock to make a difference.  Not sure it'll be this year.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2015, 07:53:08 AM »
Rangers: lose three straight with two of those games being to the mediocre Jets and Devils with Hank in net. Go on to shut out a good Sharks team with Raanta in net. Because that makes perfect sense.

Just gotta say (not a fan personally), but the Jets are more than mediocre, they have a damn good team.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2015, 07:57:41 AM »
Yeah, they definitely improved over the off-season, and gave the Ducks a run for their money last playoffs.  Dropping all those 3rd period leads was depressing, but they look to be bouncing back and starting the season in the right direction.

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2015, 10:01:55 AM »
Just posting here because I noticed the thread was started by zerogravityfat.  I haven't seen him around here in years, but the OP date is June 2015.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2015, 10:19:54 AM »
Just posting here because I noticed the thread was started by zerogravityfat.  I haven't seen him around here in years, but the OP date is June 2015.

That was also his last date active.  I somehow missed that he quoted me in his sig...and I forgot ever having said that!  :lol
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2015, 08:25:44 PM »
Anyone live in Nashville? We've got a large group of family heading down to Nashville for the Blues v Preds game on 2/27/16. My brother in law lives down there and we just booked rooms and tix.....was thinking if anyone here lived down there and was going to that game we could meet up....say 'hey'....and give the forum the always popular middle finger made famous by none other than one Chad...jingleboy. Just a thought....

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2015, 04:24:07 PM »
I like this season so far.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2015, 09:15:23 PM »
You're a blue jackets fan, right?  :lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2015, 04:20:37 PM »
Got our tickets locked up for the game this Sunday. We'll be nosebleeds for days but that doesn't matter with hockey I've found. So excited, get to see the boiz again. Hope to see another hat trick, Pavelski or somebody else, who knows maybe a certain Joe could get 4  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2015, 08:21:46 PM »
God the Leafs suck.

That's all.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2015, 09:15:36 PM »
I have a feeling with Babcock though, you guys will be a force in the next few years, possibly even next season or by the trade deadline, who knows.

Living in Minnesota, I've been hearing a lot of people saying how the Wild are a force and great team, but the defense is weak, goaltending shaky, the offense is the key piece for them. Despite being 6-2-1, their GF and GA are 28 and 25 respectively. Most of their games involve them rallying to win the game.

And Dubnyk's comment about not caring if every game they win 5-4, just as long as they win...The fact that they pay him $5 million a season and he says that he doesn't care about letting in 4 goals a game, just as long as the offense does their job? That just irked me and if I was a Wild fan, that would make me kinda irritated.

And don't get me started about my Senators... Just a sad start...
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2015, 08:11:55 PM »
I have a feeling with Babcock though, you guys will be a force in the next few years, possibly even next season or by the trade deadline, who knows.

Can't see it being this year, perhaps playoffs next year.  I do agree that this is a long-term strategy, but still, my god they suck.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2015, 08:17:31 PM »
Chad, how to the folks up there feel about Phaneuf?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol